British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

For you Baggy and anyone who'd like to help/sponsor our local boys

www.gofundme.com/274wig is Lewis Kerr's account

Contact Robert via his webpage www.robertlambertracing.com

Lewis Rose on www.gofundme.com/2amm6o

• Like 1

I see that we have quite a few home fixtures on a Thursday this season, which could prove problematic for those that work at both clubs, and indeed the KL fans who regularly go to Ipswich for their Premier League fix.

I know we're starting late to ensure Robert Lambert is in the team but anyone else a bit concerned that by April 9th Lakeside will have had 5 fixtures, but Lynn are starting cold? I'm surprised there isn't a challenge or something to get us going beforehand..... :unsure:

• Like 1

I expect there will be challenges and / or individuals announced in due course, my understanding is that it was just official fixtures that came out yesterday?

I expect there will be challenges and / or individuals announced in due course, my understanding is that it was just official fixtures that came out yesterday?

Maybe there will be, but if you look at the fixtures several teams have meetings before they plunge into EL, so the fixtures shown appear to be 'dates of meetings' rather than just official (league) meetings.

It would be the ideal time for the Mads or Rory testimonial or whatever that has been hinted at, to occur.

Edited by Star Fever

Or the Ash Jones memorial.....

Wouldn't be averse to a challenge against the Panthers while our big two are in NZ, get Kozza and Steady guesting for example and it'd be a good run out for everyone else.

• Like 1

Surprised at no Easter Home meeting. Thought it might have been back to back meetings with Leicester on Good Friday.

Surprised at no Easter Home meeting. Thought it might have been back to back meetings with Leicester on Good Friday.

I'm not surprised. Once Peterborough left the EL, I kinda assumed there'd be no Good Friday home meeting or double header on that day. They've probably tied up with Coventry home and away for Good Friday? Much closer to do than home and away against ourselves, even though it's only a couple of hours drive, but Coventry is only a stones throw away in comparison...

*EDIT* Just looked at Leicester's fixture list and they're away at Coventry on Friday 18th April and then at home to Coventry on Saturday 19th April, so they haven't even managed a double header on that day! The Leicester stadium can't be available on Fridays then I imagine?

I see that we have quite a few home fixtures on a Thursday this season, which could prove problematic for those that work at both clubs, and indeed the KL fans who regularly go to Ipswich for their Premier League fix.

Had to be done to avoid clashes with the Danish Super League I imagine. With Niels, Nicklas and Robert all signed up for Danish clubs, they had to do something to work around it so we didn't have X amount of people missing like last season. With the busy EL fixture list, maybe they'll also need Thursday nights for some NL meetings too? Otherwise, how on earth will we fit it all in?

Maybe there will be, but if you look at the fixtures several teams have meetings before they plunge into EL, so the fixtures shown appear to be 'dates of meetings' rather than just official (league) meetings.

It would be the ideal time for the Mads or Rory testimonial or whatever that has been hinted at, to occur.

I'm sure I saw Rory say on Twitter a few weeks back that he was looking at doing his testimonial in 2015? I might be wrong, but it may well only be Mads' testimonial that we see this year, if he has Lynn as the hosting venue...

A little worried our top 2 might be somewhat jet-lagged for our first home meeting versus Lakeside. Doubt they will be home from NZ until late on the Monday at the earliest. Probably why on twitter the other day, the riders were banging on about having a coffee/red-bull machine installed in the changing rooms : )

Not too worried about the lack of meetings until April 9, I'm sure Buster will have the track ready for our boys for testing/practice whenever they need it in the run up to the season.

Does anyone know if the Danish lads are having a practice at the NA in March like they have done recently? Might book the day off work if so and have a wander down with my 1MB camera phone.

Em, I thought a Cov/Brum derby would have more appeal. Leaving Leics/Lynn to do battle on Good Friday at NA with the return the next night.

A little worried our top 2 might be somewhat jet-lagged for our first home meeting versus Lakeside. Doubt they will be home from NZ until late on the Monday at the earliest. Probably why on twitter the other day, the riders were banging on about having a coffee/red-bull machine installed in the changing rooms : )

Not too worried about the lack of meetings until April 9, I'm sure Buster will have the track ready for our boys for testing/practice whenever they need it in the run up to the season.

Does anyone know if the Danish lads are having a practice at the NA in March like they have done recently? Might book the day off work if so and have a wander down with my 1MB camera phone.

I'd like to know if and when the Danes are at the NA too! I've never been up to a practice when they're there, but I'd like to have a nosey this year...

Em, I thought a Cov/Brum derby would have more appeal. Leaving Leics/Lynn to do battle on Good Friday at NA with the return the next night.

Coventry certainly aren't short of options, what with already having Wolverhampton and Birmingham as near neighbours also, but I personally just assumed they'd pick Leicester over anyone else in the area.

I'd like to know if and when the Danes are at the NA too! I've never been up to a practice when they're there, but I'd like to have a nosey this year...

Having been there previous years, it's a real enjoyable day. seeing the riders in their new gear, testing machinery, have a chats with whoever, well worth the effort.

Usually the day is broadcast beforehand on Twitter, There's usually a couple weeks notice, cant say more than that.

Coventry has a big rivalry with Leicester in Speedway going back years. Its a bit of a rivalry in the football to, known by some as the M69 derby.

Having been there previous years, it's a real enjoyable day. seeing the riders in their new gear, testing machinery, have a chats with whoever, well worth the effort.

Usually the day is broadcast beforehand on Twitter, There's usually a couple weeks notice, cant say more than that.

Ask HAZA that man will know!