British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

if Cov beat Poole Belle vue and Wolves they could be champions

The Wolves match won't count Kingbee as it's after the cut off date.

The Wolves match won't count Kingbee as it's after the cut off date.

it will for the overall league at the end of season at the end of October Cov could be on top of the league there for with all this going on about the playoffs and league winners we may not know who actually is top until everyone has completed there matches

What we have now is no different to a lot sports , so its proven, it works. :t:

How many sports is lots?

it will for the overall league at the end of season at the end of October Cov could be on top of the league there for with all this going on about the playoffs and league winners we may not know who actually is top until everyone has completed there matches

Its very VERY unlikely though!

The only way Coventry will finish top at the end of the season is if Lynn fail to get any more points from their remaining 2 matches (home tomorrow and away BV) and Coventry win everything by the max.

It also depends on Poole not getting max points away too (Cov and Leicester)!

Obviously if they win tonight at Cov then the Bees won't do it anyway, though ofc I'm rooting for the Bees as it will ensure Lynn stay top :party:

Its very VERY unlikely though!

The only way Coventry will finish top at the end of the season is if Lynn fail to get any more points from their remaining 2 matches (home tomorrow and away BV) and Coventry win everything by the max.

It also depends on Poole not getting max points away too (Cov and Leicester)!

Obviously if they win tonight at Cov then the Bees won't do it anyway, though ofc I'm rooting for the Bees as it will ensure Lynn stay top :party:

i agree with you and I hope King Lynn top the league but at this moment in time there are three teams that can top the league

How many sports is lots?

I can't think of one that doesn't apart from Football but even that has a play off system for promotion.

Why would you want to do that ? ...when the format now works so well. People flock to see many top events that only happen once a year but I doubt they would if they were every four weeks it's just common sense .

The fans and clubs love the play offs and i doubt that is going to chance because of a few saps who are a bit wet around the ears and have little idea on the money side of speedway .

I think the fans of clubs finishing 2nd,3rd and 4th love the play-offs because they have a 2nd bite of the cherry.But the majority of the fans of the club finishing 1st probably less so. :wink:

• Like 1

i agree with you and I hope King Lynn top the league but at this moment in time there are three teams that can top the league

Ok technically yes, but realistically I guess anything's possible :wink:

I can't think of one that doesn't apart from Football but even that has a play off system for promotion.

At least in football its ONLY for promotion - teams that win their league are STILL League Champions!!

• Like 2

So do the play offs

Ensure there are fair rules NO ..Does not having them Ensure there are fair rules ? all teams know the rules before the start of season so whats not fair about them ?

Ensure the rules are applied equally to all NO ..Yet gain does not having them mean that rules are equally applied

Ensure journeymen foreigners have loyalty to British clubs Yet again why would show loyalty if there was no play offs

Ensure we see the top riders in the world in GB NO Yet again without the play off would it mean the top riders would come ?

Help all clubs throughout the whole season NO ...it helps more than the old system as more matches mean more

Ensure clubs don't finish their season in mid September .it ensures unlike the old system that the season won't be over as early as june

Ensure opportunities for young British riders NO ...Yet again why would not having play offs ensure opportunies for young riders ?

I could go on but to be balanced the play offs ..

Mean big crowds for 4 clubs on 1 night YES .. Means bigger crowds all year round as the season is kept alive so it's not one night or two nights Means bigger crowds the whole season as clubs have more to ride for

Mean a big crowd for 2 of those clubs on a further night MAYBE

Keep Sky happy . Keeps fans and clubs alive

Well I know which way I think the scales are rocking.

Edited by orion

Bloody hell I thought we was going to be another man down.Worrall close to putting Schlein through the fence up at Belle Vue tonight

There you go, fill yer boots!

Should also add that Havelock admitted that Coventry were 'just trying a few things as they were already in the play offs'! It doesn't get anymore meaningless than that does it?

The announcer said Hansen had his engines done, that didn't work then!

There you go, fill yer boots!

Should also add that Havelock admitted that Coventry were 'just trying a few things as they were already in the play offs'! It doesn't get anymore meaningless than that does it?

So in the history of league speedway no one has tested a Engine ? ...No doubt if it was a first past the post system and the two mid table team were in a dead rubber match no rider would test set up's :rofl::rofl: ...your train of though does you no favours as under the old system there was always more meaningless matches .

• Like 1

You just don't get do you?

There are meaningless fixtures at the start of the season now, thanks to the pokc because the pokc winners only need to win half their fixtures. Proper league winners need to win at least 75%.

There are meaningless fixtures at the end of the season, thanks to the pokc but there did used to be some at the end of the season anyway.

BUT

There are now meaningless fixtures involving THE TOP TEAMS at the end of the season, thanks to the pokc.

The effect on league attendances are plain to see but is ignored by the pokc sycophants because there are a couple of decent attendances for the pokc final!

I've been saying the same thing since the pokc was introduced because I realised how it would affect attendances. Nobody listened because they thought the big (lol!) crowds for the final made up for it and at first it probably just about balanced but now it's the elephant in the room.

What were you saying about Monday being a 'dead rubber'? The ONLY reason is the pokc otherwise the meeting would have meant as much as this one

The biggest gate ever at Wolves I reckon?

it's you who don't get it ... you keep going and using examples of why the play offs give matches that don't mean much but forget about the hundreds of examples there has and will be if you had a first past the post system . For every example you give like Mondays I can give 4 or 5 that meant something under the play off system .

Not sure what the crowd was at that Wolves match but I expect overall the plays off overall crowd for 6 matches would be way above that plus most of the time a league title is won by june july leaving more of these dead rubber matches you dislike ...or course if that happened no one would test engine set up's etc :rofl::rofl:

Edited by orion
  • Like 1