British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

you have talked the talk, but now you cant walk , the walk.. theonly 2 riders you have were not even chosen by you.. i feel the lions den needs feeding to keep the fans happy..imo.

aS a relative newcomer to speedway. I don't pretend to know a lot about speedways finer points, I am more than happy to see my team turn up each time and try their hardest to win. I hope that we manage to get a team that will try their hardest and they will gladly get my applause,and appreciation.

As a relative newcomer to speedway, I don't pretend to know a lot about speedway. I am just happy to see a Leicester team riding again. As long as what ever team we manage to put together, that they ride with passion and heart , then I will gladly cheer and applaud them on each and every lap,. this is regardless who we decide to put together as a team

Whilst some posters may want to see DH fail, and probably have personal reasons why they may wish this, I do not. I'm simply a speedway fan with an allegiance to his boyhood team who wants to see speedway racing in a more entertaining form than what is currently on offer at Leicester. I personally don't feel that the Elite League will provide a higher level of entertainment than I have witnessed over the last three seasons, but I will be delighted if I'm proven wrong. As I have said before, so much to be admired about Leicester. The racing could be so much better, and needs to be so for the future of the sport there.

Edited by lionstigersnotbearsohmy
  • Like 4

Am fully behind the promotion putting the Lions into the EL & until the side is announced can't see any true confirmation that they will be living beyond their means.

Just hope the negative comments are from those who do not know the full picture or have ascertain agenda.

Of course it won't be until the 2014 season is completed & Leicester are running in the EL in 2015 that we will know if the decision is right. I just hope we are competitive in 2014 and not too far adrift of 9th place at the end of the season.

When we re-started in 2011 we had a pretty poor team to start with, maybe it will take a year or two to obtain a decent side.

All this saturday night stuff is irrelivent because GP weekends Leicester will run on a monday.

When there is no GP , Euro or F.I.M meetings on the continent we will run saturdays

Simples

Judging by the amount of FIM events it looks like Monday's ma.y as well be your racenight
  • Like 1

Am fully behind the promotion putting the Lions into the EL & until the side is announced can't see any true confirmation that they will be living beyond their means.

as just examples among many, i think if your tractors are disappearing, issues regarding work involving plumbers / sponsors, then the management choosing to ignore the negative value of their season tickets, to me points to living beyond your means. My personal opinion of course, and i'd hate to be seen as just someone with a chip on their shoulder but I can't believe anyone at Leicester wasn't hearing these rumours among many, many others last year.

At the end the day though if DH can make it work for him then all good. I can't see it though and mainly because of the action on the track hasn't been anywhere near of a standard that speedway fans have been willing to pay for.

Edited by volty

Hope the Jason Doyle signing (announced by David Hemsley on Radio Leicester this morning), starts to shut at least some of the negative doubters about signings up, a rider on the up who had his best season to date last season, people like Jenga who said the promotion 'didn't even choose the 2 riders' in the NL Draft? What a ridiculous statement, when they were chosen from the 23 available In the Draft both at points of the Draft when there was still most of the riders available to choose.

..... I won't hold my breath though. 😉

Can't wait for the next announced signing, as this shows some hard work going on behind the scenes by the Promotion.

• Like 1

Doyle to be number one? Could be a very solid top five a la Brum last year.

Great signing. DH said Doyle wouldn't be number 1. Always goes well round BP and knows the track. Very good and solid start to the team and gives us hope for a decent line up.

• Like 1

Doyle signing is a great start to the 1 - 5 build.

as just examples among many, i think if your tractors are disappearing, issues regarding work involving plumbers / sponsors, then the management choosing to ignore the negative value of their season tickets, to me points to living beyond your means. My personal opinion of course, and i'd hate to be seen as just someone with a chip on their shoulder but I can't believe anyone at Leicester wasn't hearing these rumours among many, many others last year.

At the end the day though if DH can make it work for him then all good. I can't see it though and mainly because of the action on the track hasn't been anywhere near of a standard that speedway fans have been willing to pay for.

Sorry to have to point out the obviouse Volty but when you say " you would hate to be seen as just someone with a chip on their shoulder" well that is just how it appears, not just on this post but many of your other views point the same way.

By all means voice your opinion but as I read it, you are doing so, not as a fan of the Lions but as a critic and frankly I dont see what you are attempting to achieve. You no doubt have a passion for speedway and it would be great to see you use that passion in a positive way. That said I guess if you dont like whats going on at Leicester then I guess you will be getting your speedway fix at some other venue next season?

• Like 1

Good start to team building.

Can anyone who heard the DH interview confirm or deny if Doyle will be #no1 ???