British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Good words of advice, even if they do come from a Coventry fan.

http://speeding-motorcycles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/114-for-2014-and-other-things.html?m=1

what a great balanced piece of writing.

FFS!!!!!!!!!

Leicester fans, give ya selves a bloody chance. Things may have been a bit sh!te for you in the PL but you're a relatively new club.

Ok, you've not been happy with the racing and all but I can say from a King's Lynn perspective we won shed loads in the PL but the racing wasn't the best and since moving to the EL things have improved.

How long you been going since your return? 3-4 years??

I have never heard a group of fans whine on and on and on like this lot. Your promoter is willing to put his money where his mouth is and pulled the club up to the next level. DH and his bird make mistakes but this is new. They don't understand the wage demands of the EL. Neither do you or I and I can't see other promoters helping by disclosing what they'd pay so they're left to sink or swim. That's the way of British Speedway.

Come August and things are all t!ts up that's the time to whinge but right now whinging all you like isn't gonna help or solve anything at all. This is the time the club needs help & full support.

Let's see some romance Lions xxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 6

Tbf we've been moaning like this for years, just on the premier league thread where maybe everyone didn't notice us!

Also some of the comments about the promotion not being able to afford riders, getting shocks about pay demands etc are coming from non Leicester fans. So it's not always us moaning with each other.

Edited by Astill lodge lion

He said in his Facebook page that he came onto this Forum thread himself for the first time in a year only to see himself being slagged off to the hills by 'Lion King' before he's even ridden for us.

And he can't wait for season to start to prove this doubter wrong.

To this time he's got 115 Likes to his Post and 57 Comments all supporting him and slating Lion King.

You know how it works though Hurricanes. Facebook at times almost seems like it was designed to encourage peer pressure and mob rules. That's how facebook works and is it's major drawback, especially on fan sites such as the Leicester ones.

That's why the likes of us are on BSF and not facebook. it's gives the opportunity to make a point without being drowned out by the mob whenever they feel like it.

Let's look at what's been said. Have you read it. In 36 pages of this thread there is 1 post from Lionking pointing out he thought Tom Perry was not our best option and that he thought he had a shocker of a season just gone. Surely even you'd have to admit at best he lost his way last year for whatever reasons. I like Tom Perry as a rider a lot, i've said it often on here, i've backed him as someone i'd like to ride for Leicester on numerous occasions ever since his first appearance at BP in 2011 and yet i couldn't really disagree with the point Lionking made. Even then the criticism is of the management's decision to pick the riders and not particularly the rider/s. Certainly not really worthy of the response from baying hounds i've seen on here (and i guess on facebook also) but probably explains why they appeared.

Mick.

• Like 1

I just don't see the logic of wanting Simon Lambert over Max Clegg as LionKing wanted and also think the 2 (as you have to look at them combined seeing as the higher ranked you picked in round 1 the later pick you got in round 2 and vice versa) were good picks.

SLambert v Clegg?

Lambert , a long time rider, coming off a bad injury after a year where he got dropped from PL Team and dropped down to NL

v

Clegg who is 16 and increased his NL Average by 1.7 points last season and showed good strides in the right direction from the age of 15 to 16, giving hope that he'll improve further next season.

Also as a pair the NL boys ride together at Dudley so know each other styles and Perry at his best for Somerset was excellent at Leicester track. And picking Perry as 10th seed gave promotion chance to pick their first choice on Clegg.

Sound basis for picks as I see it.

And Volty, if a lot of people supporting somebody with posts using their real names on Facebook is "a mob" , what is the name for a lot of people on this Forum constantly being negative about almost everything and shooting down almost anyone who dares not be negative, posting fully or partly anonymously called? "A Mob" again dare I say? Or "a Mob of Keyboard Bandits" ??😜 😁

Edited by hurricanes

Jason Doyle - great signing for you.

I wish we could have seen him back at Brum this year - our most consistent rider over the last season.

I agree! :t: I've seen him fly around Beaumont Park on several occasions. The Lions fans should enjoy watching him B)

And Volty, if a lot of people supporting somebody with posts using their real names on Facebook is "a mob" , what is the name for a lot of people on this Forum constantly being negative about almost everything and shooting down almost anyone who dares not be negative, posting fully or partly anonymously called? "A Mob" again dare I say? Or "a Mob of Keyboard Bandits" ??

You're answering your own question hurricanes. If you're kicking against the pricks then some might feel they require a level of anonymity for just the reason Lionking is probably thankful of his. Doesn't bother me much whether people know who i am or not but does make you think after you look at that response to what looked to me to be a fairly innocuous view about one persons view on a rider, and that just because that rider just happened to take offence at it. Makes you wonder what's gone on.

Edited by volty

You're answering your own question hurricanes. If you're kicking against the pricks then some might feel they require a level of anonymity for just the reason Lionking is probably thankful of his. Doesn't bother me much whether people know who i am or not but does make you think after you look at that response to what looked to me to be a fairly innocuous view about one persons view on a rider, and that just because that rider just happened to take offence at it. Makes you wonder what's gone on.

But it's obvious that most of the more critical posts on here and some of the language used by some, would not appear if people had to use their own names to post? And of course the old best rule of 'don't post anything that you wouldn't say to the persons face' is never followed on here by those who spread hate and use the more direct language which is why the BSF's name is in the gutter and those who put points reasonably and use the Queens English are drowned out by those who shout loudest with the worst language.

As for 'what's gone on' re Tom Perry? Nothing's 'gone on', just a human being Rider reasonably wanting to be given the chance to prove himself at a new Club before being slated, that's all and not too much to ask I wouldn't think ?

Edited by hurricanes
  • Like 1

Mads Korneilussen confirmed as 3rd Heat Leader in another DH interview on Radio Leicester this morning.

Also confirmed by himself on twitter.

Also confirmed by himself on twitter.

Great bloke, by all accounts

Where I think the line is crossed unacceptably as regards comments about the promotion and management of Leicester, is when insinuations and guesses about the financial situation and viability are made. If I owned a business, I would take great offence (and perhaps more than just that) if anyone, customers or not, began to create unfounded rumours about the viability of my business.

• Like 3

Great bloke, by all accounts

Where I think the line is crossed unacceptably as regards comments about the promotion and management of Leicester, is when insinuations and guesses about the financial situation and viability are made. If I owned a business, I would take great offence (and perhaps more than just that) if anyone, customers or not, began to create unfounded rumours about the viability of my business.

A very good point. One that I totally agree with.

Some people come on here claiming to know everything about DH and Leicester Speedway in general, only for what ever they have posted to turn out to be wrong or just made up.

Edited by nightshift
  • Like 2

Really good signing, Mads is a top bloke and always gives his all for the team, unfortunate with injuries this season, one caused by Poole superstar Stachrya !!.