British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

At least the BSPA office have confidence - the Leicester sponsorship announcement has been placed in the PL news section! :D

Just looked, It's top of the Elite League news section not the PL section?😜

I'm sure you would appreciate another point of view Hamish. What teams declare the content of sponsorship deals? Maybe main Sponsors have been coming forward with bigger deals each season that the original ones couldn't compete with or didn't want to? There were considerably more names on the board if you see the photo's from the Friday presentation.

I see that since returning in 2011, Leicester have had quite a high turnover of main sponsors. Breedon, Elliot and Harry Jordan have all come and gone in succession. Jordan Road Surfacing were stadium sponsors last year, but have they now disappeared?

Harry Jordan has not gone - they are still a sponsor but not the main one. Jordan Road Surfacing are still sponsoring the stadium

I'm sure you would appreciate another point of view Hamish. What teams declare the content of sponsorship deals? Maybe main Sponsors have been coming forward with bigger deals each season that the original ones couldn't compete with or didn't want to? There were considerably more names on the board if you see the photo's from the Friday presentation.

Let's hope they all think its worthwhile to their businesses. I think McRaker may have been doing a bit of stirring!

i can they are both con men,a marriage it seems made in heaven.

There was me thinking that you were a DH lover lol

It will be an interesting season at BP or whatever it will be called this year.

Fair point Teemy, but it makes them sound a wee bit like my grandaughter and her boyfriends - you cannae keep up with who she's with from one year to the next, and I'd not want the lass to get a "reputation" if you know what I mean (small round things made from pastry with jam on)! Anyways I hope that Leicester's latest is going to be good at coughing up the wonga, and that Mr Hemsley doesn't forget to keeep the local sponsors happy.

Just looked, It's top of the Elite League news section not the PL section?

Really? Still PL this morning!!

How long are we going to wait for the Jason Doyle situation to be resolved. We are now in February with the season just around the corner and still no news.

All teams, with the exception of Birmingham 1 rider and Swindon 1 rider needed, have completed their line ups.

EL on my computer

Just looked, It's top of the Elite League news section not the PL section?😜

Maybe it's on both

can't say i'm convinced but maybe i'm wrong. Putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 there did appear to be a what you might guess was a last minute invite and call to arms for all supporters club staff posted on facebook but that most probably is just my cynical nature reaing into something that isn't really there.

There was a similar meeting last year when all season ticket holders and volunteers were invited.

• Like 1

No it's not, just looked again on both mobile and PC and it's quite clearly the top story on EL news on BSPA site with headline "Lions sponsor boost"

http://www.speedwaygb.co/elnews.html

Top story on PL is "Louis takes charge"

Are we bovvered?? :rolleyes:

EL on my computer

Must be me then.....!?

PREMIER LEAGUE - Club Press Releases

bullet3.jpg 03 Feb 2014 - RYE HOUSE SPEEDWAY ROUND-UP

bullet3.jpg 31 Jan 2014 - LEICESTER: NEW SPONSOR DEAL FOR LIONS

bullet3.jpg 31 Jan 2014 - IPSWICH: NEW TEAM BOSS ANNOUNCED

bullet3.jpg 31 Jan 2014 - RYE HOUSE: LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!

Edited. ...........and now its changed!!

Edited by Skidder1