British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

6 Thursday meetings so far in the fixture list, the same night as Sheffield ride in the Premier league at home, not to mention when Sheffield have to ride away to Ipswich & Redcar. Will Simon Stead be unavailable for much of the season?

6 Thursday meetings so far in the fixture list, the same night as Sheffield ride in the Premier league at home, not to mention when Sheffield have to ride away to Ipswich & Redcar. Will Simon Stead be unavailable for much of the season?

Looks like it, unless you decide to change your fixtures. Seems a odd move to me for that very reason.

Fixtures he'll be missing at present are-

April

18th- Coventry (h)

May

22nd- Swindon (A)

July

24th- Eastbourne (H)

August

9th- Wolverhampton (H)

14th- Belle Vue (H)

So you'll lose steady for a few meetings, but not an awful lot. Just a shame he'll be missing out on 2 of the biggest meetings round Leicester this season.

Edited by skj

What average does he come in on?

What average does he come in on?

From what I can see his average at the time of his injury for King Lynn was 5.56, so i presume that's what it will be. Which means , as the averages stand at the momment, his R/R rides will only be able to be taken by Ljung, Perry & Clegg, when there is a fixture clash with Sheffield, which at the momment looks like 7 possibly 8 matches.I know averages will change during the season & he might increase his while others move down, but as it stands at the minute leaves us pretty weak when Simon is missing. Unless of course there is any fixture changes to avoid this happening.

Of course when the new race format is known they maybe different rules regarding R/R, so I suppose we will have to wait & see for sure.

Edited by stevethelion
  • Like 1

RR should be abolished as it isn't fair that NL reserves would be used for, say, the 5th in the averages.

If they are creating a race programme to protect the reserves then its plain daft to then expect them to race against anyone higher than a second string.

Didn't i read that a number 8 will be available in case of injuries?

Guests should be allowed for ANY missing top 5 rider.

• Like 1

RR should be abolished as it isn't fair that NL reserves would be used for, say, the 5th in the averages.

If they are creating a race programme to protect the reserves then its plain daft to then expect them to race against anyone higher than a second string.

Didn't i read that a number 8 will be available in case of injuries?

Guests should be allowed for ANY missing top 5 rider.

Sense and speedway often do not sit easily together!

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1

I think steady is a decent signing, still has plenty to offer in my opinion and good luck to Leicester in the new season, they have a solid team.

Well done Leicester that is a good solid line up,should shake a few teams

Really, I bet Hemsley wishes he had a 1000 fans like you because I think its an awful team that will struggle at home and take some real thrashings on the road.

Really, I bet Hemsley wishes he had a 1000 fans like you because I think its an awful team that will struggle at home and take some real thrashings on the road.

Time will tell who is right on this. I don't think they look too bad a team at all though

I dont think there is too much evidence to believe the team will be awful - and I can only think your point of view is somewhat tainted because your team has lost EL status which frankly is a shame because I think the Peterborough raceway should have top flight speedway on it. Even so I trust you will still enjoy 2014 even if the Lions win more than you expect them to do.

The finalised team line-up looks well balanced enough to provide strong competition against most teams. well done the Promoters.

Now I have three wishes to ensure we can enjoy the fruits of their labours.

1. An avoidance of injuries so the team gets the chance to gel and go from strength to strength.
  2. A team manager who can enthuse the team to be just that – A team who are inspired to ride for Leicester & not just themselves.
  3. An improvement in the announcers performance to get the on track action and the supporters closer together with relevant, constructive & interesting content as opposed to being satisfied by filling the gaps between races with too much uncoordinated (at times) drivel.

If we can get the above then 2014 should be a great time to enjoy speedway at Leicester.

I've got three more wishes. 1] That they get a move on and have less tractor racing because we've come to watch Speedway not endless laps by the tractor. 2] No damn sun breaks to hold things up even more. Okay I know that's probably impossible to achieve but surely in this day and age there must be some way of hiding the sun? A removable 60ft high black plastic shield? I wouldn't mind helping to stick all the dustbin bags together. :D 3] Absolutely NO returning to the pits after a false start.

I'm not really into statistics like you are so don't understand the criteria applying to Simon Stead. He is a Swindon asset not Sheffield so why do the Tigers get priority? Because he signed for them first? :unsure:

Edited by Gemini

I've got three more wishes. 1] That they get a move on and have less tractor racing because we've come to watch Speedway not endless laps by the tractor. 2] No damn sun breaks to hold things up even more. Okay I know that's probably impossible to achieve but surely in this day and age there must be some way of hiding the sun? A removable 60ft high black plastic shield? I wouldn't mind helping to stick all the dustbin bags together. :D 3] Absolutely NO returning to the pits after a false start.

I'm not really into statistics like you are so don't understand the criteria applying to Simon Stead. He is a Swindon asset not Sheffield so why do the Tigers get priority? Because he signed for them first? :unsure:

Priority it seems is -

Asset

Premier

Elite

National

unless of course its a rearranged fixture and then the original fixture trumps all.

Definitely agree with #3 - it happens very rarely at Foxhall now, the PL riders seem much happier to go straight round to the start again. There have been minor delays with mechanincs running on track with spanners, sprays, etc. but these are much more bearable than seeing everyone troop back to the pits.

I thought the new rule for double-up/down is that if the EL team uses their own asset, they get priority (i.e. Worrall for BV & Ellis for Lakeside, so Ipswich lose out), otherwise the PL team gets priority.

PS: Am I the only one who thinks this Lions team looks poor?

Edited by Had Enough

Priority it seems is -

Asset

Premier

Elite

National

unless of course its a rearranged fixture and then the original fixture trumps all.

Priority should be

Asset first

If not an asset, which ever team signed the rider first

Not sure what they have decided about the drafted reserves, but they should be NL or PL club first if not an asset of the EL club

Edited by A ORLOV

I think you will find the Thursday fixtures will be cut right down the list that is issued was only a draft.

I already know speaking to a Belle Vue official i know their Thur 14th Aug fixture has been moved to a Saturday.