British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

i would like to see the lions go elite in 2014, so we dont have to suffer all the moaning on the premier sites on b,s,f

If theres no Sky deal then Leicester would be crazy to join the EL,if Sky do re-new their deal then I suppose the extra money will be a temptation.Seems to me the biggest factor in favour of Leicester joining the EL is geographical with the other EL clubs around them

Honestly Gemini , normally your posts are sensible and unbiased , but having read all the posts on the Leicester threads over 3 or more years , you thinking David Hemsley has any morals is Plain and simply silly ,

You may have a good point there. One of my least thought out posts. :rofl:

• Like 1

i would like to see the lions go elite in 2014, so we dont have to suffer all the moaning on the premier sites on b,s,f

We will have the Ipswich threads for that. :D

• Like 1

perhaps not!! :-P

I'd like to see Leicester come up, the EL NEEDS more teams, more variety, good for SKY, good for the fans B-)

Should mean more meetings, I'm from the weekly speedway is best brigade and full season long too!

It's been good supporting our Young Stars too of course!

Edited by Trees

gmmm. never thought about them moaners.
  • Like 1

Lets just hope that the "alleged" promoters who "allegedly" blocked the application last season do not do it again, it seems as though it's a matter of the old boys club sticking together, shame that as despite his critics DH trys hard to put on a good meeting, I chatted with him at length at The Pride of Midlands meeting and he is optimistic that the move will go ahead, possibly needs a few more bums on seats to balance the books, but take a look around at the work that's gone into the stadium he's getting there and given some of the older stadiums I would say it's right up there with the best.

• Like 1

Lets just hope that the "alleged" promoters who "allegedly" blocked the application last season do not do it again, it seems as though it's a matter of the old boys club sticking together, shame that as despite his critics DH trys hard to put on a good meeting, I chatted with him at length at The Pride of Midlands meeting and he is optimistic that the move will go ahead, possibly needs a few more bums on seats to balance the books, but take a look around at the work that's gone into the stadium he's getting there and given some of the older stadiums I would say it's right up there with the best.

I would not criticise DH going EL but if he needs a few more bums on seats he is taking a big gamble given the nature of the product on offer these days.Does he thinks riding in local Derby's against the same 3 or 4 Teams is the way forward. Edited by Fromafar

I would not criticise DH going EL but if he needs a few more bums on seats he is taking a big gamble given the nature of the product on offer these days.Does he thinks riding in local Derby's against the same 3 or 4 Teams is the way forward.

If certain possibilties come into force the EL could have more teams than the PL next year.

It could be those in the PL riding the same 3or4 local derbies.

If certain possibilties come into force the EL could have more teams than the PL next year.

It could be those in the PL riding the same 3or4 local derbies.

Will it be an Elite League in name only then.

Will it be an Elite League in name only then.

totally agree on that point.

The concept of speedway is a good thing, 4 riders racing on a track for 60seconds, however I feel that some teams across all the league's are either fielding riders who are far better than their average portrays (possible average manipulation) or are weak from 1-7. If I were to recap the team's it would be as a start all riders should be graded into categories top flight riders in group A, such as Hancock, Ward, Holder and the likes, group B, such as Kennett, King, Barker, group C, such as Auty, Roynon, L Bjerre, group D, should then be out and reserves only, group E should be the young guns trying to make it in to top flight speedway. Every team should be made up from these groups, 2 from group A 2 from group B, 1 from group C, 1 from group D & 1 from group E. That way in all races there would be equal opposition to race against. Unless you are the team which fields 7 really strong riders, who run a muck at every track and get 5-1's and 4-2's follow the leader speedway is boring. Just my thoughts on how to improve racing from the team set ups.

I dont think Hemsley really considers finance when he makes decisions about Leicester speedway, If business sense ruled the roost at BP then he would

never have put money in to speedway; the ROI just does not justify it!

never have put money in to speedway; the ROI just does not justify it!

On a number of occasions in various areas of communication DH has referred to the business plan. Like all owners of sport related business as an owner or majority shareholder you are involved either as a hobby for the rich or to make a living and return on investment. I think DH is in the latter and if the Lions get to compete at the highest level he will be on track with his plans complete with as many local derbies as possible.

The concept of speedway is a good thing, 4 riders racing on a track for 60seconds, however I feel that some teams across all the league's are either fielding riders who are far better than their average portrays (possible average manipulation) or are weak from 1-7. If I were to recap the team's it would be as a start all riders should be graded into categories top flight riders in group A, such as Hancock, Ward, Holder and the likes, group B, such as Kennett, King, Barker, group C, such as Auty, Roynon, L Bjerre, group D, should then be out and reserves only, group E should be the young guns trying to make it in to top flight speedway. Every team should be made up from these groups, 2 from group A 2 from group B, 1 from group C, 1 from group D & 1 from group E. That way in all races there would be equal opposition to race against. Unless you are the team which fields 7 really strong riders, who run a muck at every track and get 5-1's and 4-2's follow the leader speedway is boring. Just my thoughts on how to improve racing from the team set ups.

I think the concept of the average cap deals with the problem of a team fielding 7 top riders. However I do think once a team has made such choices they should not be forced to lose riders just because they made good signings in the first place. Edited by 1 valve