British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Deek to Glasgow... Gota be :)

Behave you :shock:

Que ? You serious ? I suppose the fact that as you state, he was at reserve means that since then, every time he came back with the Monarchs, or anything else, he was at times unbeatable doesn't count. Wearing I may add his TIGERS outfit. If memory serves me right, he scored 15 points last time. This is NOW. That was THEN. Move on. :shock:

Agreed , Theo should be snapped up as soon as possible . Scores heavy round Ashfield and gives us a scoring threat on trips to the Dump .

Que ? You serious ? I suppose the fact that as you state, he was at reserve means that since then, every time he came back with the Monarchs, or anything else, he was at times unbeatable doesn't count. Wearing I may add his TIGERS outfit. If memory serves me right, he scored 15 points last time. This is NOW. That was THEN. Move on. :shock:

I'm serious. I would like to see as fresh a team as possible. Obviously Rusty and Anders are back, I'd retain Joey Ringwood at reserve but 4 fresh faces would be welcome.

I would much rather have Claus Vissing who's average is almost a point less than Theo's!

I'm serious. I would like to see as fresh a team as possible. Obviously Rusty and Anders are back, I'd retain Joey Ringwood at reserve but 4 fresh faces would be welcome.

I would much rather have Claus Vissing who's average is almost a point less than Theo's!

Amazing. You've forgotten already all the "new faces " we brought in last year ? Look where we ended up.

Amazing. You've forgotten already all the "new faces " we brought in last year ? Look where we ended up.

Last year we gambled on 2 unknown Aussie boys (who done well), Joe Jacobs who certainly didn't disgrace himself and James Wright. Joe and James were winding down throughout the year(quite rightly so) and Henning just wasn't consistent enough. So out of the new faces last year, who let us down?

I am not saying bring in new untried riders, I would just like a new look team of proven PL riders that haven't rode for us before.

I genuinly can't see the appeal of signing Theo! The year we won the league he finished at reserve! If we are struggling for riders I would happily take him back to the stripes but would not be a first pick!

Finished at reserve in the strongest Tigers team of recent memory. He would have been displaced to reserve by the fast rising Morris.

" So out of the new faces last year, who let us down? "

Eh, Harley Horwood. James wright. And sorry to say, young Joe.

I'm sorry mate but I really don't understand this antipathy towards a rider of Theo's indisputable calibre just because he's not ' new.' I honestly believe we've had enough of ' new ' untested riders. At least for now. Perhaps in another few years.

The bottom line is, the Tigers performance last year was in the main a damned disgrace. We need to get back some credibility in the sport now and we'll only do that on the track. With riders who can score, irrespective of who they are and what their past is. Crikey I'd even consider a certain American who also rode for the Eastern side.

Jeez. I don't believe I said that. :oops:

I know it's not the be all and end all of a season , but i'd love to track a team capable of giving that smug lot from the East a run for their money on the Track of the Year 2013 (as voted for by the drunken toilet attendant at the promoters conference ) . Fed up with the usual drubbings cause we have riders who canny ride the place . Doesn't have to be at the level of the humiliations dealt out in 2011 , but just to get past heat 5 before rolling out the black and white hat .

• Like 2

The sour faced Tigers that I encountered at the Play-off final would strongly disagree, apparently Claus is to big and awkward to be a speedway rider. They also whined about the lack of atmosphere, I'm not sure what they have to compare it to!

" So out of the new faces last year, who let us down? "

Eh, Harley Horwood. James wright. And sorry to say, young Joe.

I'm sorry mate but I really don't understand this antipathy towards a rider of Theo's indisputable calibre just because he's not ' new.' I honestly believe we've had enough of ' new ' untested riders. At least for now. Perhaps in another few years.

The bottom line is, the Tigers performance last year was in the main a damned disgrace. We need to get back some credibility in the sport now and we'll only do that on the track. With riders who can score, irrespective of who they are and what their past is. Crikey I'd even consider a certain American who also rode for the Eastern side.

Jeez. I don't believe I said that. :oops:

Wee Joe put half a point on his starting average, which isn't much but it was his first year in PL. I'd say Harley was finding his feet and had put a couple of decent scores together, not a world beater but seeing most places for the first time and coping with being away from home. James Wright was a huge gamble and it blew up on us spectacularly. His form has been on a downward spiral for a couple of years. I'd take the Fish in a heartbeat. Pure entertainer.

It was tough viewing last year. It isn't untested riders I'm looking for. First and foremost we need a team that will dominate at home

I did say I'd be happy to have Theo in the team I would just prefer to see new faces about the club.

I know it's not the be all and end all of a season , but i'd love to track a team capable of giving that smug lot from the East a run for their money on the Track of the Year 2013 (as voted for by the drunken toilet attendant at the promoters conference ) . Fed up with the usual drubbings cause we have riders who canny ride the place . Doesn't have to be at the level of the humiliations dealt out in 2011 , but just to get past heat 5 before rolling out the black and white hat .

I'm with you there Paulco. It's important for both teams to be closer in the performance stakes to make the derby thing interesting and a "must see" spectacle. It'd make the fact that we see them about 75 times a season more tolerable. That's why I'd also like to see Matty Wethers return and for the fact that he's a real trier and never gives up. And if we could squeeze Charles Wright in, that would help us at the Dale too + Magnus Karlsson? Edited by ragdoll64

Love the fact when Glasgow fans talk about getting riders they always want ones who can ride Armadale well. Forget Ashfield and the other tracks in the league just aslong as they ride Armadale well :).

Obsession :)

Edited by fred
  • Like 1

Think Tully, Theo, Claus, Matty & Deek would have been a good start but now that you have Rusty, one of them would have to drop out.

Oh wait - Andy Tully is not racing next year so problem solved!!

Love the fact when Glasgow fans talk about getting riders they always want ones who can ride Armadale well. Forget Ashfield and the other tracks in the league just aslong as they ride Armadale well :).

Not obsessed at all , now excuse me till i go and stick pins in my Craig Cook voodoo doll

• Like 2

More like embarrassment. Usually by ht4 we are a double figure score behind and struggle to reach 30 by the end. It would be nice just for once to be competitive at Edinburgh, even up to ht10 would do.

However your point is right, home form first!

Wasn't wee Joe, the only rider you had who's average increased, while all others decreased? Sounds strange to hear people saying he wasn't great when he was one of the higher point scores for Tigers most of the season away from home and your youngest rider? Strange thinking??