British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

I see Peterborough season tickets being quoted at £250 compared with Glasgow price of £340 for online sale after 5th January. Now that is a difference.

I see Peterborough season tickets being quoted at £250 compared with Glasgow price of £340 for online sale after 5th January. Now that is a difference.

Both Scottish clubs are regularly among the most expensive in the league , next year will be no different

£340, ? They must be expecting to win everything in sight in order to get enough meetings in to make that value for money !

£340, ? They must be expecting to win everything in sight in order to get enough meetings in to make that value for money !

Twenty meetings at £16 would be £320 - so there's the obvious possibility of a Glasgow season ticket actually costing more than just paying at the gate. That is zero insentive for anyone new to the sport. As has been reported the Glasgow promotion lost £50,000 last season so I can't blame them for trying to balance the books a bit more this coming campaign. In fact it'd be derelect in their duties if they did not but does this really exaplain a season ticket costing more than just pay at the gate? :nono:

Twenty meetings at £16 would be £320 - so there's the obvious possibility of a Glasgow season ticket actually costing more than just paying at the gate. That is zero insentive for anyone new to the sport. As has been reported the Glasgow promotion lost £50,000 last season so I can't blame them for trying to balance the books a bit more this coming campaign. In fact it'd be derelect in their duties if they did not but does this really exaplain a season ticket costing more than just pay at the gate? :nono:

It'll be more that 20 meeting though (16 league meetings, 1 KOC and 3 League Cup is 20, but you'll have the usual 5 or 6 challenges against Edinburgh as well :P ) but I agree £340 is a bit steep. Newcastle are charging £330 and also £30 to park in the Car Park for the season!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/plteamissues13.html

If you click on the above link and then select "ISSUE FINAL" it gives you a .pdf file of all the PL GSAs at the end of last season so that'll be what they are at the start of next season - reductions due for British riders of ??% for the 3 consecutive seasons after obtaining a "proper" average.

You'll need to do a wee bit of searching up and down the file but they're all there :t:

You should be able to find a similar list of GSA for EL riders too once you've found the PL one.

I believe the multiplication factor for EL doubling down to PL is *1.5 ie EL = 5 is PL = 5 * 1.5 = 7.5.

Had a quick look and some options are Lemon, Klindt, Kling, Nedermark, Sanchez and Poole. Also Birks but think may go back to Scunny.

Had a quick look and some options are Lemon, Klindt, Kling, Nedermark, Sanchez and Poole. Also Birks but think may go back to Scunny.

£340, ? They must be expecting to win everything in sight in order to get enough meetings in to make that value for

Glasgow season tickets are only £300 If bought before January 5th 14.

Glasgow season tickets are only £300 If bought before January 5th 14.

who will have any spare money left in glasgow, after xmas then new year cleans them out methinks .i know i will be in that boat.pity . i will have to pay at gate

Both Scottish clubs are regularly among the most expensive in the league , next year will be no different

Berwick are offering season tickets at £199, and £149 for OAPs.........

Berwick are offering season tickets at £199, and £149 for OAPs.........

Covers 17meetings 14 league,3cup (£39) saving. Edited by Fromafar

Now surely 18 meetings? 15 PL + 3 LC?

That'll be £11.05 per match (or £8.28 for the old folk).

Id imagine the League will ditch one of the 'joker' meetings.

I cant see promoters making themselves out of pocket with an extra meeting includedin the season tickets.

Now surely 18 meetings? 15 PL + 3 LC?That'll be £11.05 per match (or £8.28 for the old folk).

If they have already sold some on the the terms stated, why would they change it someone will lose out.(promotion or fans).Tricky one Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1