British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Watched Kasper at Rye last year - great racer, but can't gate for toffee (at best he reaches the first bend in 3rd) if you want him to get points make sure the track's not slick

Rumour he's having gating lessons off Bomber Harris

• Like 3

Rumour he's having gating lessons off Bomber Harris

That could actually make an improvement, it's really that bad.

• Like 1

If it's well known and accepted that this lad is a really crap gater then why the hell have we signed him?

Ashfield has been gate and go for season after season in recent times.

Was it simply mathematics?

he wont score a lot of points - save outgoings?

Won't score a lot of points, crowds impacted by riders like this, reduce incomings.

I'm sure the Glasgow promotion don't do all the work they do to make speedway at Ashfield possible, to then shoot themselves in the foot.

Crowds were not great when you won the league scoring 55 points most weeks and winning a lot of your away meetings.

A lot of close home meetings this year and I don't see Glasgow doing all that much away from Ashfield similar to 2012 (in my opinion)

Glasgow as has been said is a hard track to pass on especially if the person in front covers the main 2 passing points.

Mid table

Edited by RobinH88

Crowds were not great when you won the league scoring 55 points most weeks and winning a lot of your away meetings.

As you don't do quotes and leave it to others to work out what you're referring to I'll assume you're referring to my post.

I don't see the relevance of your point in relation to the point being debated, namely deliberately signing a rider for his negative economic impact.

Won't score a lot of points, crowds impacted by riders like this, reduce incomings.

The Ksiezak effect doesn't apply here as most fans have barely heard of Lykke never mind seen him. He will be given a chance and if he is that bad we have the opportunity to change with the first averages when Berge comes off an assessed 5.00, if we can afford to.

A lot of close home meetings this year and I don't see Glasgow doing all that much away from Ashfield similar to 2012 (in my opinion)

Glasgow as has been said is a hard track to pass on especially if the person in front covers the main 2 passing points.

Mid table

Mid table would represent progress after the last 2 seasons, we'll take it.

• Like 4

The season beckons,give the guy a chance. If he doesn't cut the mustard he won't be there long. C'mon lets have some positive vibes as I'm sure he wants to have good paydays.

• Like 2

He's a really nice lad, don't forget he's a good racer - seen plenty of wins from the back in ht2. Definitely entertaining, but also frustrating

As a Diamonds fan I just hope that Mark can make an impact for you and regain a true average. I was there when he scored a dead heat first with Ludvig Lingren last season and again during his probs. late season. I truly hope he has a couple of good seasons left in him even at Brough.

Kasper can be something of an enigma, fantastic battler, terrible gater. If he adds the ability to gate to his game he'll up his average.

• Like 1

As a Diamonds fan I just hope that Mark can make an impact for you and regain a true average. I was there when he scored a dead heat first with Ludvig Lingren last season and again during his probs. late season. I truly hope he has a couple of good seasons left in him even at Brough.

Lemo just needs to maintain his average of 6.5. He won't be under pressure to go out as No1 or win the big heats as they will be shared with Wolbert, Pijper and Crusty. Riding at No3 makes it easier for him and hopefully he can pull in some decent points. A decent signing for us in the circumstances.

• Like 5

Is it time to make a change to the team and order?! How about:-

Kevin Wolbert 8.42

Dimitri Berge 5

Christian Henry 7.05

Rusty Harrison 6.59

Theo Pijper 7.36

Kasper Lykke 3.92

Anders Thomsen 4.16

Total 42.5

Edited by cheggie
  • Like 1