British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Stoke V Mildenhall Nl Now 27/10

The meeting will be restaged on Sunday 27th October, 3pm start

What happens if Mildenhall beat the IOW this afternoon and progress to the KOC Final, surely Sunday is their home raceday,

Well am sorry can't be there (my daughter's 20th. birthday) - but though circs have determined it, one can't accuse Stoke Speedway of ending the season on a whimper - should be an amazingly good afternoon's entertainment!!

No excuses for next Sunday then Derek, as your daughter will be one week into her 21st year by then!! I'm a bit confused as to how Stoke get to ride at home against Mildenhall next Sunday, unless the Fen Tigers fail to reach the KOC Final. Surely the Suffolk side should then be racing the final on their home race day, and not riding away against a Saturday night club.

• Like 1

No excuses for next Sunday then Derek, as your daughter will be one week into her 21st year by then!! I'm a bit confused as to how Stoke get to ride at home against Mildenhall next Sunday, unless the Fen Tigers fail to reach the KOC Final. Surely the Suffolk side should then be racing the final on their home race day, and not riding away against a Saturday night club.

That's speedway...! If you know what I mean? :wink:

I'm a bit confused as to how Stoke get to ride at home against Mildenhall next Sunday, unless the Fen Tigers fail to reach the KOC Final. Surely the Suffolk side should then be racing the final on their home race day, and not riding away against a Saturday night club.

Apparently there are stock cars running at West Row on Sunday hence why Stoke will be entertaining Mildenhall. Should the Tigers reach the final I understand they will be riding Saturday night, but obviously wait for official confirmation from Mildenhall and the bspa.

What happens if Mildenhall beat the IOW this afternoon and progress to the KOC Final, surely Sunday is their home raceday,

Stock's I understand will be racing next Sunday at West Row

Yes I understand the KOC Final (if, of course, the FTs get there..) will be Saturday night..

Heaven knows what the plan is IF the semi's rained off today or it's another draw!! Surely there should've been a run off instead of a full-blown replay..?!

Now I hear that the MDL KOC Final part of this meeting is not going to happen....

Mildenhall v Isle of Wight this coming Wednesday, and as King's Lynn are at home to Dudley, I'll have to forgo my rain-off ticket from this afternoon. If Mildenhall reach the final, it has now been confirmed that it will take place on Saturday evening (I can't make that one with my ticket either). The MDL Final is now a one-leg affair at Coventry this Friday. What a chaotic end to the season!

• Like 1

Now I hear that the MDL KOC Final part of this meeting is not going to happen....

Spot on P1928. The Stoke website is now only advertising the NL matches against Kent Kings and against Mildenhall now. It specifically mentions 30 heats of racing.

Yes - the decision to cut the MDL Final was based on a couple of things. Some unavailability of riders but also that two Stoke riders (Payne & Tedham) were due to appear for the Spitfires having already ridden for the Potters in the NL Double Header. As reseves that could possibly mean 10 rides BEFORE the MDL match where they'd have a further three. I think it was thought this could cause problems and I reckon they're correct there...

Yes - the decision to cut the MDL Final was based on a couple of things. Some unavailability of riders but also that two Stoke riders (Payne & Tedham) were due to appear for the Spitfires having already ridden for the Potters in the NL Double Header. As reseves that could possibly mean 10 rides BEFORE the MDL match where they'd have a further three. I think it was thought this could cause problems and I reckon they're correct there...

Someone has not done their home work Lee Payne is no longer a reserve he is in the main body of the team as Luke Priest has dropped to reserve

Spot on P1928. The Stoke website is now only advertising the NL matches against Kent Kings and against Mildenhall now. It specifically mentions 30 heats of racing.

The website header never included the MDL meeting heats I can confirm and only ever said 30 heats. I hope that clears this up.

Edited by Derek 613

Dont bank on the weather this weekend forcasts are dire