British Speedway Forum
mikebaker

Redcar Bears 2014.

I agree. If Dyer hadnt doubled his average we would have been nowhere.

I doubt we went out all guns blazing to get him but just got lucky like you said RR.

So Brian H says we are getting an air fence now, the foam has to be flame retardant in foam fences now which has doubled the price.

Seems Summers and Skidmore are nailed on for next year and team is to be built around them - can't be too unhappy with that - both solid if unspectacular but you need those riders in any side.

Aaron Summers has signed for Bears 2014

So Brian H says we are getting an air fence now, the foam has to be flame retardant in foam fences now which has doubled the price.Seems Summers and Skidmore are nailed on for next year and team is to be built around them - can't be too unhappy with that - both solid if unspectacular but you need those riders in any side.

Yes, he now wants an airfence and because of that he will now keep the mandatory 'voluntary' £1 admission donation in place to pay for maintenance. What a surprise!

Edited by Bellers101

Well my hats will go off to Brian H and the brothres if they can bring in the top class number one he claims to be after. And another signing to turn heads.

Personally will be very happy with if we only see Summers and Skidmore back, we needed a fresh start.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/speedway/aaron-summers-signs-redcar-bears-6330767

Skipper Aaron Summers will lead Redcar Bears again next season.

The popular 24-year-old Aussie is the first rider to be confirmed for the club’s 2014 line-up - but promoter Brian Havelock expects more to follow shortly.

Havelock says he is looking at bringing an “iconic” No 1 to South Tees Motorsports Park next year and he is also chasing another rider whose signing would turn heads.

And the Bears supremo confirmed that 2013 Rider of the Year Hugh Skidmore could also sign on the dotted line for 2014 before long.

Record signing Summers, 24, returns to Redcar for a fourth season, and his third as skipper having succeeded Gary Havelock following the former world champion’s career-ending crash at the start of 2012.

“Aaron was one of the first to say he was keen to come back, along with Skidders,” said Havelock, “and we took that on board.

“Aaron is good, he’s reliable and he doesn’t live a million miles away.

“He’s no trouble and he wants to ride here.

“I’d expect Hugh to follow although we have several permutations and if things don’t work out with one of them you’re 0.4 over the average limit before you know where you are. But I do expect him to follow.”

Havelock has also revealed that he plans to have a big-hitting No 1 to spearhead the team’s Premier League charge next year.

“My thinking is that if I get a No 1, he’ll go out and get 10 points every meeting,” said Havelock.

“We haven’t had a No 1 who could do that for a while.

“Ulrich Ostergaard came in and did it but once he lost the No 1 racejacket, he went down.

“We’re potentially close to getting the guy I am after - we’re just waiting on the powers that be.

“He’s the sort of rider who would turn heads, and the one I’m looking at for lower down the order is as well.

“In fact I’ve got two cracking riders who want to come here.

“I think we’ll have a great side if we get where we want to be.”

The Bears’ first home meeting of 2014 will be a challenge match against Berwick on Thursday, March 27.

Riders will give their services for free and money raised will go towards the cost of an air fence which must be in place for the start of next season.

A return match will take place at Shielfield Park the following Saturday.

Might be Richard Lawson as your number 1, its confirmed he is leaving Workington

And isnt he a Peterborough asset? That would make sense in terms of Havvy snr saying powers that be, as he would need to talk to BSPA about him wouldnt he?

Would love him, but wont get too excited just yet...

And isnt he a Peterborough asset? That would make sense in terms of Havvy snr saying powers that be, as he would need to talk to BSPA about him wouldnt he?

Would love him, but wont get too excited just yet...

No, he is a Workington asset

Good start to team building, and it is nice to have at least one or two familiar faces in the side. Interesting to see who the new number 1 might be, although fairly certain we hear the same thing every year and we have not ended up with one yet!

Maybe someone dropping down from Elite? Or someone like Nick Morris who always seems to fly round our place (highly unlikely i know, but we can dream!)

I would have thought a "big-hitting No 1 to spearhead the team’s Premier League charge next year" and someone "he’ll go out and get 10 points every meeting,” said Havelock" won't come cheap as well as rider that will turn heads so maybe the money is in place??? Maybe he has found a pot of gold somewhere or he is paying them with hopes and dreams.

What about David Howe, he generally rides your place well??

I would have thought a "big-hitting No 1 to spearhead the team’s Premier League charge next year" and someone "he’ll go out and get 10 points every meeting,” said Havelock" won't come cheap as well as rider that will turn heads so maybe the money is in place??? Maybe he has found a pot of gold somewhere or he is paying them with hopes and dreams.

What about David Howe, he generally rides your place well??

What about David Howe - I saw him score a brilliant 18 Point Maximum at Brough a couple of years ago. :t:

What about David Howe - I saw him score a brilliant 18 Point Maximum at Brough a couple of years ago. :t:

I'm sure he scored a brilliant 15 point maximum for the Diamonds against the Bears at STMP a couple of years ago as well (I think)!! Edited by diamond@heart

Richard Lawson 8.28

Kozza Smith 7.15

Summers 7.14

Ostergaard 6.52

Skidmore 5.65

Adam Ellis 4.25

Rohert Lambert/Brady Kurtz 3.00

Total:41.99