British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Brandonapolis 18th October 2013

Not Ben Barker again, the less I see of him the better!

The weather forecast is looking abit more promising.

Hoping for a win for any of the bees Nicholls, Zengota, Summers or Harris. Also wouldnt mind NKI or Rory.

(Anyone but KK and Barker)

• Like 1

Just been told Horton selling a March 2013 programme the original stageing of the meeting for £3 in October 2013 that has to be another record and another shot in the foot .

Just been told Horton selling a March 2013 programme the original stageing of the meeting for £3 in October 2013 that has to be another record and another shot in the foot .

That was announced earlier in the week so fans knew in advance. Fans choice whether or not to buy one and at least they were told unlike before.

• Like 5

That was announced earlier in the week so fans knew in advance. Fans choice whether or not to buy one and at least they were told unlike before.

Announced or not this beggars belief as you still have to pay £3 for a completely useless programme just to get the insert...!!!! whether you want the programme or not...!!!! now if he say charged say 50p fo the insert alone or £3 for the programme with the insert I could have gone with that but no he gave no choice and I dare say some like me got ripped off for the programme they did not want. He should wear a black mask and have a horse called Bess.

• Like 1

1] Iversen won.

2] Track was wet at beginning, dried out a bit so the times improved and then the rain came down again.

2a] Like all meetings there were some good races and some follow- the- leader ones. Just proves big stars don't necessarily mean brilliant racing. Personally I'd rather watch the National League lads but then I'm not a fan of individual meetings anyway so wasn't really bothered who won.

3] Small crowd.

My own thoughts - good presentation with all those cars. :shock: Well done to the referee on keeping things moving at a very fast pace as the 'two minute' lights were put on as soon as a race finished. In fact in one of the latter heats they went on before the race ended - now that's pushing it a bit. :lol: Congratulations to Iversen and please can we sign Kenneth Hansen for 2014?

Oh and the band was good.

Edited by Gemini

Been told Kasprzak was providing comedy by riding in his Bees kevlars? The cheek!

I was abit surprised to see him wearing them. Not surprised to see him fail to win a race though.

Congratulations to Iversen, a very likeable winner.

The 2 riders who really provided excitement tonight were Harris and Hansen. Both looked fast and took risks to get the points. Would love to sed both with the bees next year.

Really pleased for Zengota being announced bees rider of the year. Very deserving and hopefully a bee next season again

Horton announced that Brandon with host the christmas cracker meeting this year. 29th Dec

Was a good meeting

• Like 2

Horton announced that Brandon with host the christmas cracker meeting this year. 29th Dec.

Really? Never heard that - in fact didn't hear much all night as the p.a. was awful on the back straight and kept cutting out, although it did have it's advantages. :lol: Great news anyway and hopefully the weather will be okay.

Presumably Chris Simpson had already departed? What was the music and presentation like?

Presumably Chris Simpson had already departed? What was the music and presentation like?

Unfortunatley the PA wasn't working properly.

I'm glad Dave Hammond is back as an announcer - best speedway announcer ever. Bar none. Plus he and Yorkie bounce off each other so well. Shame we couldn't actually hear them last night though.

As for the programme debate, I do understand the need to use up the old programme - no promotion can afford to throw money away. However, I did think a bit more work could have been done on the insert (i.e pin pics of the riders not in the original line-up), plus given it was a 7-month delay maybe sell the programme for £2 instead of £3 as a goodwll gesture to the fans? It would have still left a healthy profit margin for the proggie. A bit of food for thought if the Cov promotion are in need of using such an old programme again.

End-of-season fare last night. The two newcomers, Kenneth Hansen and Jamroll provided much of the entertainment.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2