British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Congratulations El Champions Poole

Was always a sense of Poole only having to turn up. A really disappointing effort for British speedway's domestic showpiece and again shows the sport in bad light for any first timers tempted by the blanket coverage in the media of Tai's win. Speedway playoffs are all about timing. There's a lot of foreplay leading up to it but the cream rises to the top when the serious shift begins.

How dare you!!!

That is the most disrespectful post I have had the honour of reading. Granted it looks a VERY VERY steep hill to climb but nothing has been decided yet. I must admit I don't, Even in my wildest dreams, see a way back for us but the title of this thread is so disrespectful you should hang your head in shame.

Hilarious response! Talk about over the top! :lol:

Congratulations to Poole!

• Like 1

I have a lot of time for your posts on this forum Screamer..but starting a lets congratulate the Dorset conmen just after the first leg has to be one of your worst I'm sorry to say..

• Like 3

I have a lot of time for your posts on this forum Screamer..but starting a lets congratulate the Dorset conmen just after the first leg has to be one of your worst I'm sorry to say..

Probably just trying to jinx Poole! Grrrr.... ;)

Obviously Screamer edited his post.... Anybody who says we have won it thats their perogative, but i will tell you now, not Matt Neil any of our riders, or any Poole fan will not think that way untill its done. Our boys will still go to perry barr with a job to do, and Neil will be im sure making the riders aware of there responabillities. Nothing, will be taken for granted...

There's a lot of foreplay leading up to it but the cream rises to the top when the serious shift begins.

Interesting analogy...

It's still the Brummie's to lose, IMO, of course!

Can't see Poole winning myself as Brum came first in the league and Poole only just got into the play offs :P

• Like 2

Nobody disputes Poole are the best team in the play offs.

The issue is the way they got there

• Like 7

yes the way they got there is an issue

calling off a home match 24hrs before because of an injured rider then saying it was 'agreed' with lakeside when john cook said he didnt 'agree'

(think a stronger bspa chairman reqd to stop this happening again) matt ford certainly owes john cook one

wonder what would of been the outcome had a stunt like that been pulled on poole!

the belle vue farce seemed scripted, tangoman telling tungate to use ur head and stay on , so they can call it off after ten heats says volumes !

• Like 3

yes the way they got there is an issue

calling off a home match 24hrs before because of an injured rider then saying it was 'agreed' with lakeside when john cook said he didnt 'agree'

(think a stronger bspa chairman reqd to stop this happening again) matt ford certainly owes john cook one

wonder what would of been the outcome had a stunt like that been pulled on poole!

the belle vue farce seemed scripted, tangoman telling tungate to use ur head and stay on , so they can call it off after ten heats says volumes !

Agreed. Although I don't attend matches anymore and only rarely watch the EL on TV, I have always been glued to the TV for the play offs but this year I couldn't muster up any enthusiasm to watch even the play off.

With Poole effectively give a place in the play offs and the underhand goings on of this season the win will be totally hollow.

How can they get away with cheating when only a few weeks earlier other clubs have been sanctioned severely for 100% the exact same thing.

No one condones the Aces calling off a match because they had missing riders, but even the Aces promotion knew that it would be blatant cheating to cite that as a reason and concocted the whole water leak scenario. Ford is so in control of the sport that he doesn't even try and dress it up when he calls off the Lakeside match and yet one team is fined and the other gets away scot free.

Then the farce of the ten heat wonder at Belle Vue in September really put the seal on a whole sorry episode in British Speedway. A contrived result purely so poole could be in the play off.

The sad thing is that Matt Ford is a very good promoter and could have done so much for British Speedway.

• Like 6

Tai grabs the national headlines, and lets face it Elite league speedway is on its arse in this country, falling crowds and very little national interest, not a patch on the heydays of 60s/70s/80s. The play-offs are a joke,the top club are the champions. Not that many fans are left to care thesedays, with riders riding for 4 different teams, guests, rider-replacement, no-shows. Lets have one big league, or north-south divisions, more british riders. The sport is far too expensive for fans for what it is. A once great sport that rivalled footie crowds now struggling...sad.

It's not Matt Ford's fault that he is obviously the best promoter in the UK......it's the sheer unfit-for-purpose governance of the sport that allows his skills to undermine the competition as a genuine sporting contest with integrity.. .... I think that's the word he needs to ponder when he looks at the bigger picture and takes his fair share of responsibility for the demise of the Elite league as it inevitably meanders to a thing of the past.. I guess in the scheme of things he might just as well secure short-term gratification since i'm afraid there is no long-term future to worry about....still he's an entrepreneur and will be secure in doing something else by that time; whilst the rest of us remember how Speedway used to be before self-interest, desperation and profligacy by a few over the years took away what was once ours..ce'st la vie...

Thats the thing that Poole fans dont understand and us TRUE speedway fans can tell them time and again but they are not all intelligent enough to see the bigger picture. Its like its own little world down Dorset way, a little cocoon of trolls and deluded sycophants of Matt Ford.

Just in case Shovlar and the rest of the Wim..yawn Road army dont understand this is what 90% of the forum try and tell you.

Matt Ford is a brilliant promoter for Poole Speedway. he acted very quickly in getting riders in when he needed to and promotes the club very well which isnt that hard in a town where no other sport goes on.

Matt Ford is a businessman he only cares about himself and making money cant blame him for that.

Because of this the man pulls every trick in the book to get what he wants.

Look at any controversy in the elite league this season and Poole were involved somehow. Thats not by chance its what Matt Ford is all about. Win at all costs

People dont see what this is doing to the sport. Clowns like Shovlar are only concerned with the smaller picture and thats winning.

Doesnt matter that in 2 or 3 years time fans and promotions will be so disallusioned with the sport there will be no top flight speedway as we know it.

But thats ok as long as in 2013 it says Poole Pirates league champions.

i await the usual guff from the blue tints ....sour grapes....anti poole.......choking on cornflakes........jealousy.

Or will someone from Poole have the intelligence and decency to debate points. I doubt it

Thought you were warned twice recently to attack the post not forum members? Looks like you have again started attacking forum members.