British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

10 out of 10 to whoever is in charge of the music choice at Perry Barr. As Poole raised the trophy out blasts Money, Money, Money. :t::rofl:

Indeed, a brilliant choice and it sums up perfectly why Poole can have such an unsettled team and disjointed season and still come up smelling of roses at the death.

Congratulations to Matt Ford and his cheque book.

• Like 1

Well done to Poole, commiserations to Brum. Fair play to Phil Morris who was magnanimous in defeat and found the time to mention Ricky Ashworth.

Shame that a couple of the Brummie's boys didn't come to the party when it really counted but full credit to Poole especially Josh G whose performances were simply outstanding.

Good to see our old pal Steve Shovlar celebrating on the terraces.

• Like 4

Well done Poole Pirates on winning the play-offs.Those outside of Dorset will have forgotten who won them by the end of the week!

Just noticed this which has been posted on Brum forum from a member of track staff(who doesn't post on here):-

Congratulations to Poole, they may not have been the best team over the season but did what they had to do in order to win it in the end. Shame that a few of their fans didn't cover themselves in glory when Brian Buck asked them politely to stop using air horns and they showered him with foul mouthed abuse. When I asked them they called me "a bad loser" rolleyes.gif It is clear that they are not very gracious winners.....

• Like 2

10 out of 10 to whoever is in charge of the music choice at Perry Barr. As Poole raised the trophy out blasts Money, Money, Money. :t::rofl:

Did they manage to get round to playing = With A Little Help From My Friends?

• Like 5

Congratulations to Poole. Only one team in this contest which ended up being a little too easy.

• Like 2

Well done Poole Pirates on winning the play-offs.Those outside of Dorset will have forgotten who won them by the end of the week!

Just noticed this which has been posted on Brum forum from a member of track staff(who doesn't post on here):-

Congratulations to Poole, they may not have been the best team over the season but did what they had to do in order to win it in the end. Shame that a few of their fans didn't cover themselves in glory when Brian Buck asked them politely to stop using air horns and they showered him with foul mouthed abuse. When I asked them they called me "a bad loser" rolleyes.gif It is clear that they are not very gracious winners.....

Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking what was the reason for asking them to stop using air horns?

Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking what was the reason for asking them to stop using air horns?

They were having a good time !
  • Like 1

Obnoxious - just like your team.

Scum, that's the most appropriate word to describe Poole and how they are helping destroy the sport as a whole - SCUM

Love you too xxx

• Like 2

Surely, the most hollow league victory in the history of our sport.

Anyone that is happy with the plethora of Poole Speedway Clubs' antics throughout this season, clearly condones cheating, lying and deceit. And that says as much about YOU as it does Fraud & lap-dog.

Absolutely shameless - a despicable promotion that is truly below contempt.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

I expected Birmingham to get walloped in the final. They had a great season but they were never the #1 team as the table said - the running averages gave them Smolinski at reserve for a long spell which under the previous rules would not have happened. That amounted to extra league points. Brum beat a depleted Wolves team in the semi's to giove further false picture how good they are. Running averages brought in after dodgy averaging lowering by Poole in '09 and Cov in 2010. So Brummies fans, be thankful for Poole that you even got to the final ;) . Once more a new rule to close a loophole creates its own unfair situation - the eternal 'super reserve' (Smolinski / Hougaard).

More of an appeal than a pi$$take shurely?

Get in the pirates..... hope shovvy sprayed his bottles of moet all over uk martin!!!!

A thoroughly depressing night, wasn't really up for it before but still made the effort to go just in case, but it was flat from the off and the racing was terrible, the whole evening was just like waiting on death row for the inevitable. Despite everything that has gone on in the Elite League this year I'd maintained a fair bit of enthusiasm for this season and the next, but a lot of that was sucked out of me tonight, seeing that tosser Ford jumping around on the track really made it hit home what has actually happened. I can only hope that the winter brings the radical change that is required, but I haven't got my hopes up.

Poole, undeniably the best team in the playoffs, but still a despicable club. Proud of our efforts this season but it's no surprise we fell short at the final hurdle, will fondly remember the Peterborough away meeting and the first leg of the semi at Wolves this season, they were what domestic speedway should be about.

• Like 2