British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

The forecast seems to change alot at the moment so hopefully it will clear up by early afternoon to give them time to sort the track, no idea why ronnie russell is the track guru.

If the forcast is RIGHT we will be on, the track staff wiill have to do a bit of work but sweeping away the puddles to the inside and with a little sawdust and hoeing you'l be fine.

Personally, i hope they put the covers on just the bends, that would be a great help,and stick the airfences up over night so extra water does run off them onto the track if they put the up tomorrow, it will take far to long to cover the whole track and take them back up again, with 8 people at our place, it took 5 1/2 hours to completely cover the track and 5 to take them up, that was including roll the up and bag them. The track curtor at Brum will know what to do. We just have to rely on the forcast being right and clearing by 4pm.

Then i would strongly suggest if you are in the birmingham area you ring the club and offer your services, then, you will really find out what entailed...

I'm sorry,I don't accept this argument at all. Ole Olsen has covered the track at Vojens plenty of times and he manages to do the job despite the manpower involved.

If we are going to moan about the manpower needed to lay and remove the track covers what was the point of investigating in them at all? Surely, when they were purchased, the powers that be did not think they would lay themselves!

Sure it's a big job. But it can be justified by the importance of the meeting.

In terms of manpower, I suspect that if Brummies had put a note on their website earlier in the week requesting help to lay the covers on Thursday evening (for example) and remove them on Monday afternoon, they would have got a healthy band of helpers (especially they offered to feed the helpers and give them free entry to the meeting).

Surely all it takes is a bit of forward planning.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 1

I'm sorry,I don't accept this argument at all. Ole Olsen has covered the track at Vojens plenty of times and he manages to do the job despite the manpower involved.

If we are going to moan about the manpower needed to lay and remove the track covers what was the point of investigating in them at all? Surely, when they were purchased, the powers that be did not think they would lay themselves!

In terms of manpower, I suspect that if Brummies had put a note on their website earlier in the week requesting help to lay the covers on Thursday evening (for example) and remove them on Monday afternoon, they would have got a healthy band of helpers (especially they offered to feed the helpers and give them free entry to the meeting).

There lies a problem, forward planning doesn't seem to work nowadays in speedway! And as for a promoter giving away something for free !!!!!!

The forecast is looking a little better, maybe the track staff can work their magic, it might mean a delay in the start of the meeting and possible Poole might not be happy with the track, but I’m sure 10 heats can be run before the curfew. With Birmingham’s home advantage and Poole being a little put off by the track I predict a run off 4-2's before the meeting is called off after 10 heats at 40-20 I can’t see how that would cause any controversy. ;)

Edited by Pirio Barre

There's a lot of hot air on here maybe you all should go down and blow on the track and in no time at all it will be dry

what ever happened to that big hair drying thing they used a few years ago?

Edited by Pirio Barre

Matt ford uses it on his Barnet now

Sunny afternoon in the midlands at the moment !

• Like 3

Ronnie Russell stole it .
  • Like 1

Sunny afternoon in the midlands at the moment !

Don't know which part of the Midlands you're at - but just down the road from Perry Barr Stadium it's still grey & raining! :(

Sure these so called covers are a few tarpaulins laid over surface.

I think the ones we used at Poole were bin bags taped together

• Like 1

Volunteers mate, they don't grow on tree's.. Olsen will have his crew sorted. trust me, with 8 people it took us 5 1/2 hours to completely cover the track, and 5 to take them up, including rolling them up and bagging them. Just puttling covers on the bends and sticking the airfence up tonight is going to be a big big help.

Edited by Starman2006

I think the ones we used at Poole were bin bags taped together

Sellotape and bin bags perfect track cover.

Sellotape and bin bags perfect track cover.

:lol::oops:

Don't know which part of the Midlands you're at - but just down the road from Perry Barr Stadium it's still grey & raining! :(

nottingham