British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Great that there was no announcement on Sky that tonight;s 2nd leg was cancelled and the British Riders Championship was shown instead. Also great that Sky Sports did not mention tomorrows match that had been postponed from today but told us you could watch Scotland v Croatia on SS1, Republic Of Ireland v Kazakhstan on SS2, Belgium v Wales on SS3.

Just shows that Sky Sports could not care less about Speedway and probably tomorrow night will be the last time they will ever mention it

There were quite a few notifications on Sky Sports News today that the meeting had been postponed and rescheduled for tomorrow.

Incorrect statement ! Under SCB regulations, the meeting referee exercises supreme control of a meeting from the time of entering a stadium until he/she declares the meeting closed.

14.6 The main duties of the MEETING STEWARD (appointed by the SCB) are:

• consultation with the Staging Promoter, Meeting Coordinator and Meeting Referee on all matters relating to the staging of a Meeting and especially at any time when the staging or continuation of a Meeting is in doubt.
  • The decision to delay the Start, to order a postponement or abandonment is at the Meeting Stewards sole discretion, in which case no further racing, practice or use of the track is permitted.
  • Prior to Start Time, hold a Briefing Meeting to which all Riders, Team Managers, Meeting Referee, Meeting Coordinator and Clerk of Course must attend, with others being invited at the Meeting Steward’s discretion. At this Briefing, s/he will advise at which time the track walk may take place (Riders/Team Managers only).
  • During the Meeting, the Steward shall be readily available in the Pits Area and be the Official responsible for undertaking any further track inspections.

Great that there was no announcement on Sky that tonight;s 2nd leg was cancelled ...

It wasn't cancelled, it was postponed - SCB Nomenclature:

• Cancellation: A Meeting that is not staged on the date fixed nor re-staged.
  • Postponement: A Meeting not staged on the fixed date and rescheduled for a later date.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 1

Sky schedule shows Speedway EL Final 2nd leg on SS4 tues at 7pm

Stevebrum really needs to understand what trolling is. Commenting on a Poole thread about the topic is not trolling. Coming onto a Poole thread and making some repetitive inane comment to raise hackles amongst the Poole fans is.

Thanks for confirming that when Shovlar spouts his bias wind up trolling on other threads that it is indeed trolling. Thanks for confirming for all of us.

By the way, we all know anyway.

There must be one hell of a lot of trolls on Poole threads, or perhaps the truth hurts.

• Like 3

Well I have managed to get tomorrow off as well to go after much grovelling but got to work sat instead :(

I don't see why people are having a go at any Sky influence in restaging the meeting tomorrow?! I mean its not as if they are showing the England/Poland footie - its on ITV!! :P

But they are showing Scotland, Wales and Ireland's internationals and all three could pull in an audience as big, or probably bigger than, the speedway. It's hard not to get the feeling that Sky just want to get the meeting over with and they can walk away from the sport (as they undoubtedly will).

Altogether it's a miserable end to a pathetic season.

They dont get very good crowds for a premier league club

42k, 37k, 34k is truly abysmal. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

42k, 37k, 34k is truly abysmal. :rolleyes:

Not bad but compared to most top clubs who get a capacity crowd every week and they only had 22k for the spurs cup match.

Edited by foreverblue

Well I have managed to get tomorrow off as well to go after much grovelling but got to work sat instead :(

Should have just sent one of your allies AKA hougaard racing. I'm sure he would have worked for you. Your boss would have been non the wiser seen as your identical

So why did Pearson say that Poole would "pull the plug" on the meeting after heat 10 when 7 up.Someone must have it on Sky Plus

Shouty and Screamy were banging that drum from about heat 5.

Not bad but compared to most top clubs who get a capacity crowd every week and they only had 22k for the spurs cup match.

Probably pulled down by the opposition as Villa are better supported than Spurs this season.

Mind you Man City only got 2,500 more for their match against the current FA Cup Holders, virtually half their average.

And Man Utd lost 10,000 off their average despite hosting arch rivals Liverpool.

Cup crowds these days are low in football; I mean in Elite League Speedway the cup crowds dipped to zero this year !!!

Edited by 500cc

I go back to my point. do you think if Poole had been less than 7 points up the meeting would have been stopped?

your wasting your time Kester give up mate. ive tried countless times to get CERTAIN Poole fans to answer questions but SOME lack the intellect to actually answer. They would rather just either call you jealous or anti-poole.

Shame that on a forum SOME people cant discuss

Could someone from the south mafia let me know the Poole septet for Tuesdays match please?

I wish to place a large wager on the outcome of the 2 nd leg and I would like to know if messrs tungate and dyer are available for said fixture.

Yours in sport, roo

Coast ffs

mate this could be run in a months time and i would wager Dyer would still be 'unwell'

Incorrect statement ! Under SCB regulations, the meeting referee exercises supreme control of a meeting from the time of entering a stadium until he/she declares the meeting closed.

Think you will find that you are incorrect.

When a Meeting Steward is appointed, in this case Tony Steele, they supersede the referee when it comes to decisions regarding the continuation of the meeting in adverse conditions.

Thanks for confirming that when Shovlar spouts his bias wind up trolling on other threads that it is indeed trolling. Thanks for confirming for all of us.

By the way, we all know anyway.

There must be one hell of a lot of trolls on Poole threads, or perhaps the truth hurts.

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang a Troll is a person (for example SteveBrum) ;)

who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment.

Edited by Flyin Panther
  • Like 1