British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang a Troll is a person (for example SteveBrum) ;)

(for example Steve Shovlar or Flyin Panther)

the facts of this matter are quite simple.

the meeting should never have started.

the conditions at the end of heat 10 were no different to the end of for example heat 3

Poole would have won the meeting if it had of continued

It carried on because Poole knew this was a prime opportunity to take 4 points when Belle Vue had no Cook.

I dont blame Poole for wanting to call the meeting off after heat 10.

What i dont want to see is the clown he has become Middlo saying rider safety is important, when quite clearly it wasnt when THJ came off. he was happy to continue then.

And Matt Ford that night!! Had the indecency to talk about robbing the paying public!!

its not anti-poole Shovlar but Poole definalty scrapped into the play offs by dubious means

Pirates needed the 4 points and IMO would have continued until we got them. Once the meeting started there was no reason why it wouldn't finish, though I agree it probably should never have started in the first place.

If the meeting had continued Poole would probably have won by 20+ points over 15 heats. Both set of riders agreed to ride the meeting so the blame for the result should not be apportioned to Poole. Once 7 up at heat 10 the job was done and Belle Vue had no interest or fight to continue the meeting, so it was called at ten. Middlo did his job as any team manager would. 7 up at ten? Call it off. Not 7 up? Lets ride on! If he didn't have that view he shouldn't be team manager.

Why some on here have got so queer about it is not really understandable. Would they had it gone 15 heats the result would still have been 4 points to Poole and we would have still been in the playoffs because Lakeside were rubbish away from home, whereas Poole were again good on their travels in 2013.

No one disagrees that conditions were diabolical. But due to the closeness of the playoffs and the need for the meeting to take place before them with deadlines forced by Sky, and no time to fit in the fixture again before the cutoff, it had to go ahead. It would have been more farcical if lakeside had made the playoffs because this meeting had not gone ahead in time.

All the APB will moan until the cows come home about it but even if the track had been dry Poole would have got the 4 points. I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

The right top 4 made the playoffs in the end and from there let the best team win. Poole fans certainly don't think the title is tarnished in any way, shape or form. Hopefully tonight at 9.30 we will be celebrating a brilliantly won Championship against all the odds.

especially when their poles didnt fancy it and you could choose certain riders on a horses for courses rota

Apparently Poole are unchanged from last Monday. Bad "illness" Dyer has.

Did I read right Tungate failed a laste fitness test last Monday ?, only a bloke wearing number 4 walked past me looking fit enough as he walked through the gate by turn 1.

I am new to this forum and this is my first post but I just wanted to say that this has been the climax to a great season. Birmingham have stuck with the same team all season and deserve to win it. However, as a Poole supporter I would just like to say that this has been the most enjoyable season for years. The amount of bad luck and injuries suffered have made each meeting seem like a grand final in itself. For the sheer amount of hard work and determination Matt Ford has put in I believe that Poole deserve it even more. Bringing the legend Greg Hancock back to UK Speedway in itself has made this season worth while.

the conditions at the end of heat 10 were no different to the end of for example heat 3

It carried on because Poole knew this was a prime opportunity to take 4 points when Belle Vue had no Cook.

What i dont want to see is the clown he has become Middlo saying rider safety is important, when quite clearly it wasnt when THJ came off. he was happy to continue then.

And Matt Ford that night!! Had the indecency to talk about robbing the paying public!!

its not anti-poole Shovlar but Poole definalty scrapped into the play offs by dubious means

especially when their poles didnt fancy it and you could choose certain riders on a horses for courses rota

Why oh why are we still going on about this. We must of had hundreds of posts on this now and to say it is boring is an understatement. Poole won the meeting on a terrible track end of. Time to put a lid on it before we all end up in a coma. ;)

• Like 1

The fact we were good on our travels is good management at getting the right riders in and is not Poole's fault the away teams chose to ride when we had riders missing.

To be fair we didn't need four points but given the chance why not take them, i don't any reason why the meeting couldn't have been postponed to the following monday and should have been.

• Like 2

Did I read right Tungate failed a laste fitness test last Monday ?, only a bloke wearing number 4 walked past me looking fit enough as he walked through the gate by turn 1.

A damaged hand and concussion doesn't stop you walking!!! But it does have an effect on riding!!

• Like 1

Why oh why are we still going on about this. We must of had hundreds of posts on this now and to say it is boring is an understatement. Poole won the meeting on a terrible track end of. Time to put a lid on it before we all end up in a coma. ;)

i agree......but it was Shovlar who brought it up. im just answering his post

A damaged hand and concussion doesn't stop you walking!!! But it does have an effect on riding!!

and by all accounts Rohan is very lucky to be walking!!

The effects of a head injury should not be underestimated.

When Poole do something questionable some quite rightly jump on it - Rohans injury position IMO isnt one of those situations.

• Like 2

You try riding a 500cc bike with no brakes at 60 mph with a badly damaged hand...

This could be the last live British speedway match to be seen on TV for a while, so hope its a good one.

Poole would have won by seven on a decent track too, team in form and BV too inconsistent.

Anyone know how the track is looking,apparently there is dog racing there today, wonder if anyone walked in to the bookies to check it out.

This could be the last live British speedway match to be seen on TV for a while, so hope its a good one.

I agree Jimmy i hope it is a decent meeting,and the Brummies do themselves justice.They have been a credit to the EL great value and very entertaining welcome back Doyley next year to the Robins.?
  • Like 2

You try riding a 500cc bike with no brakes at 60 mph with a badly damaged hand...

Riders ride injured all the time if its important enough ..................