British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

As usual Gavan is spewing anti Poole rhetoric and is way off the mark as usual.

Poole did not disrespect it. A few travelling supporters who were having a good time, and I mean few who got carried away in celebrations, blasted their airhorns.

Several Poole fans, myself included, have said they were out of order once told not to use them.

Far more important is the music issue at the presentations. A single Birmingham employee bringing the whole of the club into disrepute by his actions is far more serious and has already led to the promoter issuing an apology for this persons "pathetic and childish behaviour". I should imagine said person has cooked his goose with the sport and we will hear no more of him, either at an EL club or the GP in Cardiff.

Just another rant at Poole for the sake of ranting. Surely he should be ranting at Birmingham for what happened in the presentation? Or has he double standards?

You mention double standards Steve, that's interesting. Now I'm going to have to depend on others to flesh out the details. However wasn't there an incident some years back with Savalas Clouting's Mom when he rode for Ipswich. If I recall when Ippo visited Poole shortly afterwards and Clouting came out for his first ride your PA man played 'Tie your mother down'. The majority on here, including myself, thought it was clever, and very funny. Now the joke's at Poole's expense, the laughter's died. Strange that.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight birmingham play "money money money " This is terrible what a crime the FBI ,mi5 ,mi6 ,bond ,jason bourne & the sweeney should be bought in & the perpetrator shot. Bloody hell with all the troubles in the world & our sport on its knees lighten up everyone FFS.

Bit like air horns hey :-)

No it's not! Can you at least try and be respectful of the conditions attached to the Brummies racing - no need to be flippant and the "I'm alright Jack" attitude! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

No it's not! Can you at least try and be respectful of the conditions attached to the Brummies racing - no need to be flippant and the "I'm alright Jack" attitude! :rolleyes:

I think they might have a different attitude if the boot was on the other foot----but as the saying goes "you can't educate pork" :wink:

No getting through to you is there.. My issue is there's more noise than that in the area, and would totally drown out airhorns.. but you have it your way..

You have a one man battle on your hand. Air horns ARE banned and that ISNT the issue, unless you wish to use them when you visit Perry Barr then you should be ejected from the stadium for doing so. I know you will still see it only in one dimension so its becoming a wasted to and fro debate. Plus , to any one reading this thread they know you have no legs to stand on because the earth you have moved to somehow try and make a point of a closed discussion means you should have visited Oz and be on the way back. However it has been fun reading your `comments` - its given the forum a laugh all afternoon, thanks. :t:

This is getting ridiculous, air horns are not allowed at perry barr, whether the few fans that used them did or didnt see the signs is also irrelevant, when the fans in question used them at the same time at the announcement both sets of fans found it midly amusing. They should not have used them after the announcement.

At last, a Poole fan who actually sees the point. :t:

I think it is safe to say that between us, we have done this issue to death and should let it drop now. It is clear from the exchanges that although both "sides" think that the air horn ban is nonsensical, there is general agreement that as long as it exists it should be observed but unfortunately, given the time over again, the moronic few who wouldn't do the decent thing last Tuesday and abide by it, would do exactly the same again next time.

As one poster has said, it is unlikely that there will be any comeback from the Council unless any local residents complain and the only likelihood of that happening would be if some supporters happen to say to non-supporters living locally that they were used (there are still a hard core few who would have the speedway shut down if they could.) That's why I urge people from other tracks to abide by the ban.

Just to back up this statement, after the track had been operating for about a month in 2007, a lady living in Nash Square (the closest residential road to the stadium) noticed a report on the Brummies match at Rye House the previous Saturday night and knowing nothing about speedway and not realising that it was an away match, she wrote to the Council to complain that we had run on a Saturday night when we only had permission to run on Wednesdays, and that the noise was horrendous! In addition, as she was employed as a secretary at the University opposite the stadium, she gave this information to her boss who also complained to the Council and declared that this was conclusive evidence that the speedway club wouldn't comply with the conditions! The Council took the complaints seriously as would be expected, and although in this instance we had no difficulty in providing evidence that the complaints were a nonsense this gives a good enough indication of why we need to comply with the conditions we accepted when we were given a planning consent.

I know the majority of Poole supporters (and I gather that there were over 500 of them) did respect the request not to use horns last Tuesday, but a significant number didn't and had we not raised this issue, this would have given a clear message to moronic types from other tracks that it would be clever to defy it.

Regarding the other subjects that people have raised on this forum. The question of pop concerts at Villa Park was raised with the City Council in discussions before our planning application was first logged, especially after one of them was so loud that it could be heard 15 miles away in Lichfield and was the subject of hundreds of complaints from people living in the vicinity, and the breathtaking reply from the Council ws that because the organisers had complied with all of the conditions (none of which they were prepared to make known to us), this had been acceptable. It was indeed a case of one rule for one party and a one rule for the other as someone has said!

Going 15 minutes beyond the 10pm curfew on September 30th was a breach of the planning conditions, but this was the first occasion that this has occurred in the 7 seasons that the track has been running, so if there should be a complaint lodged, it will be fingers-crossed that the Planning Officers (who do not seem to be so anti-speedway these last few seasons) will appreciate the reasons and overlook it.

In respect of the Tuesday race night, an application made by Tony Mole before he passed on the promotion, to vary the condition that we only run on Wednesdays and Bank Holiday Sundays was approved by the Chief Planning Officer who has the discretion of making minor amendments without these having to go before the full planning committee, and we now have permission to operate on any week night conditional on us not running on more than one night in each week.

I hope this answers the remaining questions that have been raised and I suggest that we let this matter rest now.

Well said Brian. But the `few` will still make an issue of it and see it as just being `Poole Haters`. Sadly that is how narrow of mind some Poole fans are.

Well said Brian. But the `few` will still make an issue of it and see it as just being `Poole Haters`. Sadly that is how narrow of mind some Poole fans are.

Don't be pathetic to try and score a point. No one is trying to make an issue of it. Starman is saying the rule is ridiculous but the rest of us have said those who continued to use them after being asked not to shouldn't have.

It's really not worthy of continued discussion but I guess you have to find some topic to "have a dig".

What are your thoughts about the disgraceful behaviour of the guy in charge of the music? I guess you think that's fine because it's only Poole?

• Like 1

Words fail me.

Don't be pathetic to try and score a point. No one is trying to make an issue of it. Starman is saying the rule is ridiculous but the rest of us have said those who continued to use them after being asked not to shouldn't have.

It's really not worthy of continued discussion but I guess you have to find some topic to "have a dig".

What are your thoughts about the disgraceful behaviour of the guy in charge of the music? I guess you think that's fine because it's only Poole?

The only ones having a `dig` were Poole fans who leaped out the minute it was commented that some who used air horns called those people `sore losers` when asked not to use them with comments such as `so what`. To then compare those actions with `well the guy in charge of the music was disgraceful` as a valid "one cancels out the other" says more about your stance than anything.

The use of the music seemed a very stupid move and have clearly backfired, why should i feel a need to back it or support it.

However one (the presenter or dj) can be replaced. Losing your licence because of being revoked due to not complying with such ridiculous demands are however a possibility.

I am sure it wont come to that, however the hard work put in by Brian Buck and Co to get Speedway back in Brum entitles him and others within Birmingham Speedway every right to feel a little `prickly` when some fans flagrantly dismiss actions to cease.

I guess from your perspective one bad deed cancels out the other so there is no need to have any sympathy with the conditions that apply at Perry Barr, but then of course i am bound to be on Birmingham`s side because i hate all things Poole, i suppose.

A bit like the huge cheer that went up at Poole when danny King fell off it got the loudset cheer of the night, glad he got up and walked away.

No cheer when Danny fell at birmingham but a cheer when thj fell, I said at the time it happens everywhere but it was said by some that it only happens at poole which of course is rubbish. I only mentioned the thj cheering for balance because we had pages about the awful poole fans at the time

Hurray, somebody with a bit of sence on this forum. Thats exactly what i said, but as per usual the Anti Poole brigade don't understand it and because it concerns poole, they jump all over it without reading it... very sad.

I guess from your perspective one bad deed cancels out the other so there is no need to have any sympathy with the conditions that apply at Perry Barr, but then of course i am bound to be on Birmingham`s side because i hate all things Poole, i suppose.

You said it..

Lol, respectful ? Never been to brummies and never will. I get a nose bleed if I go past the new forest. Said my bit on it.

You said it..

Thankfully all of your comments are too , in case anyone is in doubt of your thought process.

Thankfully all of your comments are too , in case anyone is in doubt of your thought process.

Ha Ha.