British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

SteveBrum why exactly do you hate all things Poole ? Sensible answer please.

Now your asking far toooo much... :rofl:

The discussion on the ban of air horns isnt about hating Poole. Air horns aren't allowed at Perry Barr.

It is no surprise that some are happy to turn those facts into a Poole hate thing.

I don't hate all things Poole. I enjoy my visits to Poole and enjoy the track and racing and find some very decent Poole supporters also. I know the blinkered ones will ignore that part because it doesn't suit their blinkered view.

I , like many on here and on the terraces, are not a fan of Matt Ford and some of the tactics used by Poole over the recent years. Dont ask me to list them because they have made public by many time and time again and ignored by those with blue blinkers on, or just dismissed as `jealousy`.

It is like i have said before when MANY supporters up and down the country and on this forum continue to point out that MF is great for Poole but not for British Speedway there should come a time in any sensible supporters of Poole may just question why so many think that way.

However i dress it some will just turn it into i just dislike Poole stance.

There are many , if you read the forum widely, that say exactly the same thing.

Now your asking far toooo much... :rofl:

You most certainly would be asking to much for you to accept there is a ban on air horns at Perry Barr but just put 101 reasons why there shouldn't be.

The smoking analogy someone used springs to mind. In Starman`s world you probably would still smoke in pubs and smoking is perfectly healthy for your lungs. :rofl: :rofl:

The discussion on the ban of air horns isnt about hating Poole. Air horns aren't allowed at Perry Barr.

It is no surprise that some are happy to turn those facts into a Poole hate thing.

I don't hate all things Poole. I enjoy my visits to Poole and enjoy the track and racing and find some very decent Poole supporters also. I know the blinkered ones will ignore that part because it doesn't suit their blinkered view.

I , like many on here and on the terraces, are not a fan of Matt Ford and some of the tactics used by Poole over the recent years. Dont ask me to list them because they have made public by many time and time again and ignored by those with blue blinkers on, or just dismissed as `jealousy`.

It is like i have said before when MANY supporters up and down the country and on this forum continue to point out that MF is great for Poole but not for British Speedway there should come a time in any sensible supporters of Poole may just question why so many think that way.

However i dress it some will just turn it into i just dislike Poole stance.

There are many , if you read the forum widely, that say exactly the same thing.

You most certainly would be asking to much for you to accept there is a ban on air horns at Perry Barr but just put 101 reasons why there shouldn't be.

The smoking analogy someone used springs to mind. In Starman`s world you probably would still smoke in pubs and smoking is perfectly healthy for your lungs. :rofl: :rofl:

Ha Ha, you make me larf... Not.

Ha Ha, you make me larf... Not.

Your debate on why its OK to use air horns at Perry Barr made me howl tho.

At least you are good comedy value, thanks for that.

Your debate on why its OK to use air horns at Perry Barr made me howl tho.

At least you are good comedy value, thanks for that.

Not comedy Steve, its fact..

Not comedy Steve, its fact..

Correct , its fact air horns are not allowed at Perry Barr.

The comedy came from your discussion on it.

Hello I have been asked by a member of HS2 Ltd who are looking for a few good men with picks and shovels to dig the tunnels for the afore mentioned high speed rail line from London to Birmingham - I pointed the gentleman concerned to the British speedway forum where apparently there are one or two people who are prepared to dig themselves into a hole with the greatest of ease :P

forget it Steve - you can't (and you wont) win this one :P

A bit like the huge cheer that went up at Poole when danny King fell off it got the loudset cheer of the night, glad he got up and walked away.

Well that's a lie....try stating facts next time!

• Like 1

Personally, I find this statement both fair and balanced.

It's unfortunate that given any large group of people attending a sporting event like football/speedway etc, you will have a small minority who spoil it for the vast majority of fans.

I have seen this with my own eyes at Villa Park, AFC Bournemouth etc etc....you name it and there will be various incidents which leave the vast majority of decent fans annoyed.

However, I'm pretty sure that collectively, the Poole supporters didn't visit Perry Barr with the intention to deliberately cause trouble but a few got carried away with the occasion and ignored the requests to stop. There are no excuses and I'm sorry to hear that this happened and I sincerely hope that no complaints was made to Birmingham City council by local residents who I would hope, would take into consideration, the importance of the occasion.

That is my own take on the matter and it is all I indeed to say. It happened, so please can we learn some lessons and move on to next season.

As always, good luck to the Birmingham Brummies in your efforts to build another exciting team that once again, you can be proud of.

Just got back from a few days away. This, in my humble opinion is the best post on here and really is all that needed to be said.

As usual Gavan is spewing anti Poole rhetoric and is way off the mark as usual.

Poole did not disrespect it. A few travelling supporters who were having a good time, and I mean few who got carried away in celebrations, blasted their airhorns.

Several Poole fans, myself included, have said they were out of order once told not to use them.

Far more important is the music issue at the presentations. A single Birmingham employee bringing the whole of the club into disrepute by his actions is far more serious and has already led to the promoter issuing an apology for this persons "pathetic and childish behaviour". I should imagine said person has cooked his goose with the sport and we will hear no more of him, either at an EL club or the GP in Cardiff.

Just another rant at Poole for the sake of ranting. Surely he should be ranting at Birmingham for what happened in the presentation? Or has he double standards?

There is a big BIG massive and I mean MASSIVE difference here. The Birmingham management have apoligised for this (Even though it wasn't actually their choice.) I note that the Poole management haven't addressed the behavior of a few of there fans.

That's the first difference

The issue with the music (which was funny by the way and you wouldn't have an issue with it if it wasn't) doesn't carry with it a threat of closing Poole speedway down. The air-horn issue does (as explained very well by Brian Buck.)

Incidentally someone has told me that at Poole when Birmingham riders won a heat (didn't win many to be fare) that the Benny Hill theme was played. I wasn't there so not going to take it on the word of one person. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

Just got back from a few days away. This, in my humble opinion is the best post on here and really is all that needed to be said.

There is a big BIG massive and I mean MASSIVE difference here. The Birmingham management have apoligised for this (Even though it wasn't actually their choice.) I note that the Poole management haven't addressed the behavior of a few of there fans.

That's the first difference

The issue with the music (which was funny by the way and you wouldn't have an issue with it if it wasn't) doesn't carry with it a threat of closing Poole speedway down. The air-horn issue does (as explained very well by Brian Buck.)

Incidentally someone has told me that at Poole when Birmingham riders won a heat (didn't win many to be fare) that the Benny Hill theme was played. I wasn't there so not going to take it on the word of one person. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

The issue with the music is under birminghams control, air horns by a few high spirited fans is not so there is nothing for poole to apologise for.

Commiserations to all you losers who don't support the Poole Pirates, the best Elite League team over the years !

Well, you don't really help yourselves out do you?

Edited by Kester
  • Like 1

The issue with the music is under birminghams control, air horns by a few high spirited fans is not so there is nothing for poole to apologise for.

I disagree - the Poole fans are the responsibilty of Poole Speedway.

An extreme analogy but who do you think are punished when hooligans rip out seats at football grounds?

It is the clubs even where individuals are not caught.

Hasnt there also been lots of 'we done it for our fans / the fans are our club' type rhetoric when describing the win?

Cant have it both ways.

That said I think overall this is a bit of a storm in a teacup.

I doubt an isolated incident such as this would actually threaten Birmingham Speedway but Id also say thats not a risk worth taking so I can understand the stance of both sides.

Speedway may well have many more polarised debates over the next few months that need to be resolved in order for the sport to stabalise and rebuild.

Lets hope these debates can be more constructive than much of this thread or we may end up with nothing to debate in the future.

Well, you don't really help yourselves out do you?

well said kester.

its not a hatred of Poole but a few so called fans see it that way.

This is a speedway forum which means that it is a place for discussions about relevent speedway topics.

Is it fans fault that almost every single issue that has reared its head this season has somehow involved Poole?

Is this coincidence?

Of course it isnt so it will be discussed.

Some Poole fans are open to this.

Some are just clueless and blinkered and literally like the child in the playground put there fingers in their ears so that they cant hear.

They accuse 1 or 2 on here (mainly me and stevebrum) of being anti-poole. These fans really need to get a life. Ok so maybe we put our point across more than others and maybe with more anger but so what.

The fact that im still waiting for our resident forum comedian to answer at least 5 of the points ive raised just shows his intellect in my eyes.

Then to twist it more we get the jealousy line which is rather tiresome and miles from the truth.

The facts are simple.

Matt Ford isnt liked much outside of Dorset.

That coupled with 1 or 2 Poole fans on here is the reason why the club isnt liked.

by the way my previous post wasnt aimed at people like

piratenick

dorsetdelight

starman

foreverblue

skidder

these are poole fans who quite rightly defend their club and although i disagree with them on stuff at least they are reasoned in their argument.

the forum comedian however hmmmm

• Like 1

well said kester.

its not a hatred of Poole but a few so called fans see it that way.

This is a speedway forum which means that it is a place for discussions about relevent speedway topics.

Is it fans fault that almost every single issue that has reared its head this season has somehow involved Poole?

Is this coincidence?

Of course it isnt so it will be discussed.

Some Poole fans are open to this.

Some are just clueless and blinkered and literally like the child in the playground put there fingers in their ears so that they cant hear.

They accuse 1 or 2 on here (mainly me and stevebrum) of being anti-poole. These fans really need to get a life. Ok so maybe we put our point across more than others and maybe with more anger but so what.

The fact that im still waiting for our resident forum comedian to answer at least 5 of the points ive raised just shows his intellect in my eyes.

Then to twist it more we get the jealousy line which is rather tiresome and miles from the truth.

The facts are simple.

Matt Ford isnt liked much outside of Dorset.

That coupled with 1 or 2 Poole fans on here is the reason why the club isnt liked.

trouble is you beat the same drum ,you may not like it , but the bspa & scb make and uphold the rules not matt ford , if it was illegal moves ford was making the bspa or scb wouldn't allow it , ford does whats in the joke of a rulebook your promotion the same as everybody elses helps make it, if you have issues take it out with them your own promotion ,I don't like ford and what he does (he does whats right for poole tho) but the simple answer is the rulebook stinks don't blame ford for that he doesn't make the rules
  • Like 4

What are your thoughts about the disgraceful behaviour of the guy in charge of the music? I guess you think that's fine because it's only Poole?

It's not only Poole. They played 'What's New Pussycat' for Peterborough, and nobody whined then.