British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

trouble is you beat the same drum ,you may not like it , but the bspa & scb make and uphold the rules not matt ford , if it was illegal moves ford was making the bspa or scb wouldn't allow it , ford does whats in the joke of a rulebook your promotion the same as everybody elses helps make it, if you have issues take it out with them your own promotion ,I don't like ford and what he does (he does whats right for poole tho) but the simple answer is the rulebook stinks don't blame ford for that he doesn't make the rules

Unfortunately I believe Mr Ford pulls strokes that are contrary to the rule book and gets away with it as the BSPA/SBC are unwilling to sanction him, ie the cancelling of the meeting between Poole v Lakeside.... Belle Vue tried it [although a different way] but got a 3 point deduction. If Belle Vue knew the same rule as Mr Ford do you not think they would have used it?

trouble is you beat the same drum ,you may not like it , but the bspa & scb make and uphold the rules not matt ford , if it was illegal moves ford was making the bspa or scb wouldn't allow it , ford does whats in the joke of a rulebook your promotion the same as everybody elses helps make it, if you have issues take it out with them your own promotion ,I don't like ford and what he does (he does whats right for poole tho) but the simple answer is the rulebook stinks don't blame ford for that he doesn't make the rules

Agree with this. IF and WHEN something wrong has been taken place it is the COLLECTIVE responsibilty of all promoters to take action.

Lets face it its not just Poole that have been 'dodgy' many if not most have been involved in a situation that could be questioned.

The fact that the perception is that Poole have tried and succeeded more often is irrelevant to a great extent.

• Like 1

And Gavans rants continue. He has basically written one post in the last 6 months and just changed the words around.

"I don't like Poole".

Next hour.

"Poole I don't like"

Next hour.

"Matt Ford is good for Poole and bad for speedway.

Next hour.

"Matt Ford is bad for speedway but good for Poole".

And he says it so much he actually believes it!

Truth is he is clearly jealous of the success of the club. Dissing Matt and Middlo, then guess what, they win us yet another title!

Calling our team rubbish, and then guess what? Major egg on face when Poole romp home. I bet he was dreading it when Poole smashed Swindon and the writing was on the wall.

Gavan you can rant as much as you like, we all like a good laugh. And trying to brown nose some Poole fans is cringeworthy in the extreme.

Poole Pirates 2013 Elite league Champions, and loving it! :lol::cheers:

And the chances are we will be there or thereabouts in 2014. New big sponsors coming onboard and old ones returning with plenty of money so Matt can go out and get the riders he wants.

Well done to Matt Ford, Neil Middleditch, Giles, the backroom staff and the riders for making a record 4 finals in a row and delivering us 5 Elite League Titles.

Make that half a dozen next year please.

• Like 1

And Gavans rants continue. He has basically written one post in the last 6 months and just changed the words around.

"I don't like Poole".

Next hour.

"Poole I don't like"

Next hour.

"Matt Ford is good for Poole and bad for speedway.

Next hour.

"Matt Ford is bad for speedway but good for Poole".

And he says it so much he actually believes it!

Truth is he is clearly jealous of the success of the club. Dissing Matt and Middlo, then guess what, they win us yet another title!

Calling our team rubbish, and then guess what? Major egg on face when Poole romp home. I bet he was dreading it when Poole smashed Swindon and the writing was on the wall.

Gavan you can rant as much as you like, we all like a good laugh. And trying to brown nose some Poole fans is cringeworthy in the extreme.

Poole Pirates 2013 Elite league Champions, and loving it! :lol::cheers:

And the chances are we will be there or thereabouts in 2014. New big sponsors coming onboard and old ones returning with plenty of money so Matt can go out and get the riders he wants.

Well done to Matt Ford, Neil Middleditch, Giles, the backroom staff and the riders for making a record 4 finals in a row and delivering us 5 Elite League Titles.

Make that half a dozen next year please.

you are seriously one pathetic individual.

if you care to actually read what i write I HAVENT ONCE SAID I DONT LIKE POOLE!!!

I also said your ORIGINAL 1-7 WAS RUBBISH!!!! FACT YOU WERE BOTTOM.

You were the best team in the play offs by miles

You will be up there next year because of your promoter

brown nosing poole fans!! pathetic childish response i expect now. some of your fans are decent individuals. you unfortunatly are not.

when you care to read what i write and not twist my words to suit your argument then fine.

but to keep spouting rubbish and posts that have a go then you need to really get a grip pal

Well that's a lie....try stating facts next time!

I think you need to watch the sky coverage, as Danny goes down there is a huge cheer, it annoyed me on the night and since watching the TV coverage, it has really shown what the Poole supporters who cheered that night think of riders who fall off, I add not all of the supporters cheered but the ones that did in the main stand also jumped to there feet to cheer.

O M G the speedway grand final thread do people talk about how brilliant our end of season spectacular was NO, we have pages and pages of cr*p between bickering fans.If this is all a grand final can inspire fans to talk about then our once great sport is in big big trouble.

• Like 2

O M G the speedway grand final thread do people talk about how brilliant our end of season spectacular was NO, we have pages and pages of cr*p between bickering fans.If this is all a grand final can inspire fans to talk about then our once great sport is in big big trouble.

we know the sport is in trouble.

but as shovlar has showed on here many times......as long as all is ok in Dorset and Poole win we dont give a stuff about the sport

Trouble is, it was drab and predictable at best...
  • Like 4

Trouble is, it was drab and predictable at best...

Agreed like I said the sport is in big trouble

This was my first trip to Perry Barr & Ithought the racing was pretty good considering the rain that had previously fallen.

I would like to say that I was on the 1st bend at Perry Barr for the final. I never noticed any signs about no airhorns to be used, having said that I wasn't exactly looking for them either, where I was in my spot I could hardly see anything in my programme as the light was poor I was unable to read it.

Would like to thank the Brummie promotion for putting on a good show at such short notice.

No disrespect to Poole and well done on winning the title but like any sport money destroys it, and the play offs plays right into the hands of the money teams. Brum right from the off put together a team built to win a league campaign of which they did. Now with the play offs the money teams with average changes etc have the time and the money to swap and change their team to create a play off winning team and still make it into the play offs be it 10 points or more behind the league leaders.Now it does not always work but when it does it annoys the hell out of most speedway fans and this is why Poole get so much stick.Some fans say that the play offs add excitement to the sport some do but this years did not.So in my opinion until we return to the old system of top of the league wins the title the money clubs will have an unfair advantage if they don't get it right in the first place.

No disrespect to Poole and well done on winning the title but like any sport money destroys it, and the play offs plays right into the hands of the money teams. Brum right from the off put together a team built to win a league campaign of which they did. Now with the play offs the money teams with average changes etc have the time and the money to swap and change their team to create a play off winning team and still make it into the play offs be it 10 points or more behind the league leaders.Now it does not always work but when it does it annoys the hell out of most speedway fans and this is why Poole get so much stick.Some fans say that the play offs add excitement to the sport some do but this years did not.So in my opinion until we return to the old system of top of the league wins the title the money clubs will have an unfair advantage if they don't get it right in the first place.

Totally disagree. And so you are saying Poole should stop promoting, be financially as unsound as other clubs just to even it up a bit?

And I can tell you, Poole fans thought the playoffs were thrilling and great fun.

We will never go back to the archaic old top of the league wins. the Playoffs are here to stay and rightly so. Bring in big crowds and extra revenue. Without them the season would be over for the majority of clubs by late June. the playoffs bring the opportunity of success even if a team got off to a poor start.

• Like 3

Totally disagree. And so you are saying Poole should stop promoting, be financially as unsound as other clubs just to even it up a bit?

And I can tell you, Poole fans thought the playoffs were thrilling and great fun.

We will never go back to the archaic old top of the league wins. the Playoffs are here to stay and rightly so. Bring in big crowds and extra revenue. Without them the season would be over for the majority of clubs by late June. the playoffs bring the opportunity of success even if a team got off to a poor start.

oh dear you realy do forget what you write and post. is that brain of yours that fuddled.

who was the person that didnt agree with what Coventry did?

who was the person who kept saying it was wrong last year as Poole topped the table?

personally dont agree with the play offs although they are here to stay.

Poole were winners last year and Birmingham were this.

The play offs wil always favour a team that can change therie side and put a run together at the last minute.

Coventry in 2010

And if Peterborough would have come 4th they would have won this season.

If Lakeside held on to 4th they wouldnt have won.

Last season nobody came with a run and shock horror the top 2 was the final.

Birmingham built the best team this year only to see a team come flying past them having made about 10 changes.

Changes that Birmingham couldnt make as they were top.

Its not anti-poole before you start that crap again.

Poole lost out twice because of the play offs - this year it fell into their laps

We will never go back to the archaic old top of the league wins.

It's funny, it seems to be good enough for pretty much every other sport, just not speedway. I accept many fans like the play-off's, but those that rave on about it need to accept that perhaps just as many don't like them. Edited by TheReturn