British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

No - they'll blame injuries, the weather, the track etc. and claim it was a hollow victory - Just like last year! :rolleyes:

Oh look, a sarcastic, sneering remark from steveo - at the expense of all Poole supporters with of course, the trade-mark rolling eyes emotion at the end.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Oh look, a sarcastic, sneering remark from steveo - at the expense of all Poole supporters with of course, the trade-mark rolling eyes emotion at the end.

That's exactly how I remember it - are you saying it didn't happen?

And, as a result it wasn't sarcastic or sneering - it was based on facts! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

Poole were beaten by the better team in the PO final last season, that's the end of it. We were top after the whole season but failed at finish line. Just like Birmingham have done this year. Why are we still talking about this?

• Like 4

That's exactly how I remember it - are you saying it didn't happen?

And, as a result it wasn't sarcastic or sneering - it was based on facts! :rolleyes:

Oh look, yet another rolling eyes emotion!......Be careful now because as you said the other day to a Coventry fan "Watch you don't get dizzy rolling your eyes".............. You implied all Poole supporters in your post, which is not the case. Therefore, you should be more careful with the way you go about collectively accusing Poole supporters on here.

It would appear you have a habit of getting up some peoples noses with unnecessary and unwanted comments on other teams threads with someone the other day actually going as far as to call you " obnoxious "..............not that I would go that far of course!

However, at times, some of your posts do come across as sarcastic and sneering which is unfortunate because most of the time, the other posts are fine.

Still, it's a public forum and it takes all sorts I guess.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Oh look, yet another rolling eyes emotion!......Be careful now because as you said the other day to a Coventry fan "Watch you don't get dizzy rolling your eyes".............. You implied all Poole supporters in your post, which is not the case. Therefore, you should be more careful with the way you go about accusing people on here.

At times, you have a habit of getting up peoples noses with some unnecessary and unwanted comments on other teams threads with someone the other day actually going as far as to call you " obnoxious "..............not that I would go that far of course!

However, at times, your posts do come across as sarcastic and sneering which is unfortunate because most of the time, the other posts are fine.

Still, it's a public forum and it takes all sorts I guess.

I won't get dizzy but thanks for your concern. The trouble with the English language is that you can read into it something that isn't necessarily there. I used the term "they" - this can mean one or many or even all (as you chose to read it). As I said, I didn't accuse anybody - I was stating some facts! If I get up people's noses then I think that says more about them than me but if you don't want to read my posts you can always put me on ignore - it won't stop any quoted posts but it should stop most. I think you will find that I generally avoid attacking the poster and attack the post (as per the forum rules) but I am only human.

With regards to unwanted and unnecessary on other teams threads - are you speaking for "all" of the forum? :wink: My understanding of this forum is that I can post on whatever thread I want to and not limited to just my team's threads but you imply I shouldn't (unwanted and unnecessary) - but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that that isn't what you meant (the English language again).

By requoting what someone else has said you are, in effect, saying it yourself so I'm afraid you can't hide behind the "I didn't say it" tag.

Maybe next time I will check with you first to avoid coming across as sarcastic in the future? (To remove any element of doubt that was sarcasm) :rolleyes:

I'm glad my trademark emoticon has made such an impression on you - have a nice day (that wasn't sarcasm) :)

• Like 2

Poole were beaten by the better team in the PO final last season, that's the end of it. We were top after the whole season but failed at finish line. Just like Birmingham have done this year. Why are we still talking about this?

beacuse the play offs are there to make money thats it. they penalise the best team.

i appreciate they are here to stay.

It massively favours a team that can rebuild. It was obvious that if they got in the top 4 either Poole or Peterborough would win the league.

Poole in my eyes were champions in 2010 and Birmingham are this year.

If you have riders at the start of the season on averages of say 6.5 and one on 4 who dont perform and are actually averaging much less then their combined total is 17. Replace them with say a 2 riders on 7 and one on 3 who can improve their averages and then obviously you are much stronger.

Poole did a great job in getting the right riders in same as Coventry did in 2010.

What it means though is Birmingham this year and Poole in 2010 were handicapped by having the best team.

Last year nobody came with a late run so it was between the top 2.

But basically there isnt a lot of point topping the table if someone flies into fourth as they more than likely to win it.

Play offs need to go but i know they wont.

Oh just in case you cant read Shovlar this isnt a Poole bashing thread. You deserved to be champions in 2010 2011 and 2012 just not this year

I won't get dizzy but thanks for your concern. The trouble with the English language is that you can read into it something that isn't necessarily there. I used the term "they" - this can mean one or many or even all (as you chose to read it). As I said, I didn't accuse anybody - I was stating some facts! If I get up people's noses then I think that says more about them than me but if you don't want to read my posts you can always put me on ignore - it won't stop any quoted posts but it should stop most. I think you will find that I generally avoid attacking the poster and attack the post (as per the forum rules) but I am only human.

With regards to unwanted and unnecessary on other teams threads - are you speaking for "all" of the forum? :wink: My understanding of this forum is that I can post on whatever thread I want to and not limited to just my team's threads but you imply I shouldn't (unwanted and unnecessary) - but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that that isn't what you meant (the English language again).

By requoting what someone else has said you are, in effect, saying it yourself so I'm afraid you can't hide behind the "I didn't say it" tag.

Maybe next time I will check with you first to avoid coming across as sarcastic in the future? (To remove any element of doubt that was sarcasm) :rolleyes:

I'm glad my trademark emoticon has made such an impression on you - have a nice day (that wasn't sarcasm) :)

As put-downs or comebacks go, I would rate that as 1 out of 5 for effort. In fact It was so rambling I nearly feel asleep half way through!

I find it amusing to see your cage has been rattled and how clearly you yourself have highlighted that for everyone to see :lol: Also seeing you being in denial is rather funny but then not surprising.

Now off you rush to other teams threads to continue the bickering and giving opinions on matters that occasionally - are worthless......Hence unwanted and unnecessary ( Not sarcasm )

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

A more reasoned post which is worthy of response.

beacuse the play offs are there to make money thats it. they penalise the best team.

i appreciate they are here to stay.

It massively favours a team that can rebuild. It was obvious that if they got in the top 4 either Poole or Peterborough would win the league.

Any team can rebuild at any time. A promotion doesn't have to wait for an injury to occur. Any of the teams at the top of the league could have made changes at any time. To say an injury helped Poole is simply not true. Poole would have made the playoffs easier had darcy and Noddy not been injured. The reason we made the playoffs was the form of Josh G and our lower order riders who scored well at times.

Poole in my eyes were champions in 2010 and Birmingham are this year.

What about 2012? We again finished top? However, I do not go along with this. The rules are the team winning the playoffs are Champions. So poole won nothing in 2010 and 2012.

If you have riders at the start of the season on averages of say 6.5 and one on 4 who dont perform and are actually averaging much less then their combined total is 17. Replace them with say a 2 riders on 7 and one on 3 who can improve their averages and then obviously you are much stronger.

The rules do not allow this. You can only change one rider at a time. You cannot combine the averages, for example remove two 6 pointers and bring in 8 and 4 averaged riders to replace them. Unless you redeclare the whole team which means you lose points to work with if a rider has increased his average at the first Green Sheets.

What it means though is Birmingham this year and Poole in 2010 were handicapped by having the best team.

Both teams could have made changes at any time. In 2010 Matt Ford should have replaced Arthur Mrczozka who's early season form had deserted him. A rare ocassion where Matts faith in a rider was not warranted.

But basically there isnt a lot of point topping the table if someone flies into fourth as they more than likely to win it.

Play offs need to go but i know they wont.

Birmingham were sitting ducks for the last third of a season.Reamining at the top gave them a false sense of security but the form of Smolinski had gone and he had reverted back to a second string/reserve. Barker and King were blowing hot and cold and both Covatti and Auty were far too inconsistant. I said once the playoff pairings were announced that the winner would come from the Swindon/Poole side of the draw and so it proved. The Robins would probably have smashed Brum out of the park home and away just the same as pirates did. Phil Morris said that he was disappointed that the team gave their worst performance of the season in the playoff Final but it was always likely to happen. The team was never strengthened when it needed to be.

And i believe that is what most poole fans said at the time,

Shovlar i agree with most of what you say but there is no getting away from the fact that the injury to Darcy happened at the right time. poole were losing matches and who is to say how long, with a fit Darcy, Poole would have carried on.

As foreverblue said Poole would have still made changes but Darcys injury enabled them to make them sooner and get the right riders.

Holders injury devastating as it was, was more than adequetly covered and fair play to Ford for that.

• Like 1

Shovlar i agree with most of what you say but there is no getting away from the fact that the injury to Darcy happened at the right time. poole were losing matches and who is to say how long, with a fit Darcy, Poole would have carried on.

As foreverblue said Poole would have still made changes but Darcys injury enabled them to make them sooner and get the right riders.

Holders injury devastating as it was, was more than adequetly covered and fair play to Ford for that.

Darcy's injury forced our hand but it was very apparent changes had to be made and i don't think Darcy's poor early season form would have continued for long if he hadn't got injured.

As someone who attended the meeting at Coventry, i am amazed he is walking unaided now, it was the most horrendous crash i have ever seen, to survive that and be walking now is practically a miracle.

Roll on 2014 - wonder what it will bring as far as EL speedway is concerned?

Edited by Steve0

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but you seem to be essentially saying if a team replaces some underperforming riders, with some that increase their averages then that makes them stronger. Not exactly a eureka moment, is it. You could equally turn your example around and say if you replaced two riders on a 7 and one on a three who are underperforming, with two on 6.5 and one on four who can improve their averages, then obviously you are much stronger. It doesn't matter how the side is comprised, as long as there is significant improvement in a few riders, you'll be there or thereabouts.

I just can't agree. Poole in 2010 had the option of dropping Mroczka when he started seriously underperforming following injury. They could have brought in someone to replace him like for like and utilsed the extra two and a half points he added to his average, but they chose not to. Likewise this season, the Brummies could have done the same with Smolinski. It would have been harsh on either, but it would have undoubtedly made both teams stronger.

Last year nobody came with a late run so it was between the top 2.

Or in 2011, which kind of proves that a late charge into fourth on the back of a few changes, isn't as easy as you are suggesting.

This I do agree with, but it is part of the appeal of the play off system, and it's the rules as they currently stand. Momentum going into the play offs is essential.

Edited by Nellie

Yes.If they are not Poole fans. What fan wouldn't be jealous of the success? Normal human behaviour.

That statement about as stupid as the idiot who told us that diving round on a motorbike stoned out of your mind is what all young people do these days

Jealousy might be normal behaviour for you but I can't think of many speedway fans I have met that suffer from it. It seems that you and The Know seem to have this problem in trying to convince us that you are a cut above the rest and that because for geographical reasons you support a club that is successful it somehow makes you deserving of respect, although yo made no contribution to that success yourself.

Not jealous. Just disdainful of an immature and unsporting attitude, by s small number of supporters.

• Like 4