British Speedway Forum
RedcarRacer

Woffy Hopes To Stay In Uk In 2014

I am not keen on the earrings and tattoos as, like you I am old!!! However, his ability on a speedway bike speaks volumes for him and if that and his looks attract the younger supporters then that's fine by me!! In fact, it's essential.

Absolutely right. Tai winning the GP series could be the best thing that has happened to British Speedway for a good while. Let's hope that the potential can be maximised from his win.

• Like 1

. Now I am not the lover of ear rings and tattoos but from a marketing point of view I think these could be a big plus, he is right age and look, bit of a cross between a rock star, david Essex, barry sheen and Eddie kid. Get his face in tv, clothing and the like and I think he could be really big. Do the world of good for speedway along with his life story. One thing though keep the bspa out as useless bunch of toasters and will ruin anything they touch.

Your last sentence could get you a ban on sponsoring riders. Anything can happen in the strange place that is BSPA world.

Edited by Triple.H.

Job done I think. What's Max Clifford up to these days?

Oh yeah, so he is....

I think he is too busy at the moment !!!

I couldn't agree more! I just wish he would lose the earrings and get the tattoos surgically removed but then I am an old fart!

It's way too late for the earrings to be removed - he'll just be left with gaping holes which look much worse (in my opinion anyway). I'm not overly keen on the masses of inking - but then I don't have to be........ Good on Tai for being the confident, totally rounded pleasant young man he's turned into - hopefully it'll rub off on 'others'.

Your last sentence could get you a ban on sponsoring riders. Anything can happen in the strange place that is BSPA world.

Would like to see them try.
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more! I just wish he would lose the earrings and get the tattoos surgically removed but then I am an old fart!

Disagree here Chalkie, Tattoo's or modern day "Body Art" are seen on both sexes every where throughout the world, in Tai's case it also portrays that underneath the image lie's a very mature, hard working, honest, family loving man, I wouldn't want him any other way, except to see him permanently in an Aces bib. :wink:

Edited by hyderd

Disagree here Chalkie, Tattoo's or modern day "Body Art" are seen on both sexes every where throughout the world, in Tai's case it also portrays that underneath the image lie's a very mature, hard working, honest, family loving man, I wouldn't want him any other way, except to see him permanently in an Aces bib. :wink:

Eh? I agree that tattoos are very popular nowadays but there are limits! I really like Tai and he comes across very well and I am very pleased that he is world champion. If Tai wasn't doing speedway, his tattoos could be career limiting or ending - that's his choice though! Like Chalkie - I'm an old fart! :wink:

Eh? I agree that tattoos are very popular nowadays but there are limits! I really like Tai and he comes across very well and I am very pleased that he is world champion. If Tai wasn't doing speedway, his tattoos could be career limiting or ending - that's his choice though! Like Chalkie - I'm an old fart! :wink:

Noticed his mum also like tattoos.

I too am an old fart who wouldn't expect to be interviewed by a Bank manager for a tillers job, but a 23 year old Speedway rider? anyway I didn't intend my reply to insult or question Chalkie's post so the least said now, the better. :t:

• Like 1

Does it really matter what Tattoos he has as this is a young man who has reached the very top at just 23 and done it in such a way that the country should be proud of by raising money for charity and giving thousands of people time for photos and autographs.

Good to see he is looking at another year at Wolverhampton and give British Speedway a lift it very much needed.

• Like 1

Does it really matter what Tattoos he has as this is a young man who has reached the very top at just 23 and done it in such a way that the country should be proud of by raising money for charity and giving thousands of people time for photos and autographs.

Good to see he is looking at another year at Wolverhampton and give British Speedway a lift it very much needed.

Also doing "An evening with Tai Woffinden" at the Cleevland Arms,along with Nigel Pearson on Nov 7th.Photos,autographs etc.

I dislike tattoo's too but who really cares? Its no different to jewelry only he can't take it off ;)

Does anyone remember the BSPA doing anything this season to promote the fact that the World Champion (Chris Holder) was appearing at a track near you?

No, me neither. Therefore I won't hold my breath for a major publicity push for Tai, if he chooses to ride in Britain next year.

• Like 2

Does anyone remember the BSPA doing anything this season to promote the fact that the World Champion (Chris Holder) was appearing at a track near you?

No, me neither. Therefore I won't hold my breath for a major publicity push for Tai, if he chooses to ride in Britain next year.

Only a mention in every tracks local media!!! Don't forget the BSPA are the promoters themselves, not some separate organisation!!

I must say that I liked what he said in the interview at the Last GP that he was commited to doing his best to start a rider training school at Scunthorpe. There is so much need to help the young up and coming British riders to do their best not just for their clubs but their country.

Watched the British Rider final on Sky last night after the wash out of the Elite League final. What a sad lot we have we have Tai who stands head and shoulders above the rest, then a few older riders who still try and are still up there in the Elite League, but we need to do more for the young lads who ride in the lower leagues.

I think that it is time for all the Elite League clubs to offer reserve place to British riders the only way they are going to come on in world speeway is to be thrown in amoungst to to level riders and not just fight it out in the lower leagues.

All said though some of these guys who withoutout them the sport of speedway would be lost, ride week in week out with just one bike on a very restricted budjet and would need good sponsers and a good team behind them. Something they could hardly afford, as most of them live on a shoe string budjet. Hts off to them.

We need to find a solution to this doldrums that the UK riders team are going through at the moment, I am glad for what Tia has managed to do this year and hope he can repeate it again in the years to come. But for the sake of the sport we need more UK riders to be able to step up in to the class that now Tia has now made for himself, not just in the UK but on world stage. Lets make the UK a world beater again.