British Speedway Forum

We used to regard black people as being a low intelligence inferior race too.

As late as the 1930's when Jesse Owens returned to the USA for a welcome home ceremony with the president, he had to enter the hotel by the back door and use the goods lift.

If the USA still operated like that, the president would have to use the goods lift.

Such outdated bigotry is in the past.....only a numpty would bring ancient history, and his outdated prejudices, into a thread about about our well deserved world champion who has already given speedway considerable amounts of publicity just 7 days into his reign, and will hopefully continue to be a fine ambassador for the sport well into the future

Whilst I mostly agree with you JL - people ARE allowed an alternative view you know.

• Like 1

The irony being, of course, that you hark back to a time when speedway riders had greased back hair, fags hanging out their mouths and wore black leather. Hardly a sign of being a member of mensa, was it?

Wahey you've found something Gustix has to approve of!

Never seen Tai with a fag hanging out of his mouth :approve:

Whilst I mostly agree with you JL - people ARE allowed an alternative view you know.

Just to let you know i am not posting anything on this subject

Just to let you know i am not posting anything on this subject

You just did. :wink::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think people like David Beckham, Robbie Williams etc etc who cover themselves in tats, are being irresponsible to their young followers. People like DB and RW are never going to have to get a 'proper' job and impress a perspective employer. Many many youngsters need to and it is really hard for them to get a job as it is, covered in tats up to your chin is not going to help things, surely? Speedway does not manufacture many millionaires as we know, therefore, even Tai may need regular normal employment in the future. All youngers need to look at the big picture.

• Like 1

But I did not say that people with tattoos were of low intelligence. It's just what we thought all those generations ago. Again it's catering for people who do not read things properly and then spin their interpretation on things.

Such outdated bigotry is in the past.....only a numpty would bring ancient history, and his outdated prejudices, into a thread about about our well deserved world champion who has already given speedway considerable amounts of publicity just 7 days into his reign, and will hopefully continue to be a fine ambassador for the sport well into the future

How far back are we allowed to go in regard to trying to link comments that involve the past?

Again, I emphasise - and obviously upset you to do so - that it was what we thought many years ago. Obviously education on various matters since then has given new light to what were once misconceived thoughts on various matters.

I again add this rider to what I said in regard to tattoos: "But I did not say that people with tattoos were of low intelligence." It's amazing how to justify an attacking comment on another Poster that certain parts of a quote are skilfully edited out - as doubtless you will now claim I have done in regard to your Post?

And the amount of publicity Tai Woffinden has generated for speedway. I have not seen anything in the mainstream media over the past four or five days - what have I missed in regard to him? But I am not decrying him as being a good speedway rider - it's his appearance that I have debated and I have had a good medium of support from others in regard to the image he presents.

WTF are tattoos being debated for?

Welcome aboard! It's in regard to the tattoos on a guy named Tai Woffinden and the media image he presents with his tattoos.

Edited by Guest

Because it's raining outside! :party:

• Like 1

Disgraceful. It never rained in the 1930s. Must be Woffinden's fault!

People who see rain are of low intelligence

People who see rain are of low intelligence

Welly! Welly! Fancy that!

Because gustix got NEEDLED. :rofl: :rofl:

See what I did there................... :t::rofl:

I'll get me coat. :rolleyes:

Because gustix got NEEDLED. :rofl: :rofl:

See what I did there................... :t::rofl:

I'll get me coat. :rolleyes:

I appreciate the joke - but sure it's TW who got needled? :unsure:

I appreciate the joke - but sure it's TW who got needled? :unsure:

LOL! Yes, TW has been well jabbed! :rofl:

Don't think much if Woffys tattoos personally but these days, they're pretty normal. Ok most have them hidden away but I can only think of one ex of mine who didn't gave a tattoo but he had piercings, again, most people have piercings. Where I don't think much of tattoos I do like piercings esieciakky the ears ones Tai has. As for people saying he'll always have holes there, that's wrong, you'd be amazed how quickly they close up.

If Tai has a few tattoos and looks like a yob it could be a selling point tbh, looks like a yob but is a likable, decent guy.

Anyway, I blame Havvy. Winning a World title wearing dreadlocks, that was the thin end of the wedge!