British Speedway Forum

Has any one got a link to the BBC interview, thanks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p01jgh9t

Thank you for Posting the 'Link' topaz325. :t:

I thought Tai did very well in his Interview. I am more impressed each time I see him. :approve: :approve:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Would Tai, if nominated, be willing to fly back from his home in Australia?

Even if he is nominated, turns up on invite, I'm not sure I'd want to sit through almost three hours of cack for what is almost a foregone conclusion result. I think I can remember what Tai looks like, thank you, and don’t really need a pan of a wobbly camera on his face. Remember sitting through countless shows in the past, not one mention of speedway.

Even if Tai does get a mention, it’ll be like watercress on a salad plate. No point in it really.

A bit like this post then.

• Like 3

Oh my god... people are really deluded. Tai Woffinden for BBC Sports Personality Of The Year? You having a laugh?

Barry Briggs, so I am led to believe, was edged into runners-up spot by what some say was dubious tactics when the sport was massive during the 50s... and even England's Grand Slam winning team of 1980 failed to hit the spot when the show went out at Christmas later that year. Speedway is in a bad state at the moment and the broadcaster is spending a fleeting time interested in the sport right now.

Tai Woffinden, likeable though he may well be, hasn't a chance.

Now, did someone win Wimbledon (Tennis) who is actually British?

Tai Woffinden, though having slightly more personality than Andy Murray, I don't think he has a chance...

BRIGGO was runner-up twice in 1964 and 1966 and Tai is British, born in Scunthorpe. I would agree that he hasn't a chance of winning but an effort should be made to at least get him some recognition

• Like 1

BRIGGO was runner-up twice in 1964 and 1966 and Tai is British, born in Scunthorpe. I would agree that he hasn't a chance of winning but an effort should be made to at least get him some recognition

And a dubious runner up at that!!!!

I couldn't agree more. Any advice on where to drop an e-mail would be welcome. :t:

And a dubious runner up at that!!!!

Yes - there are those, like me, who honestly believe that Briggo won it - but the Sport was not fashionable enough for the BBC. :mad: :mad:

Edited by The White Knight

I couldn't agree more. Any advice on where to drop an e-mail would be welcome. :t:

Yes - there are those, like me, who honestly believe that Briggo won it - but the Sport was not fashionable enough for the BBC. :mad: :mad:

Haven't the beeb admitted to the fact now? The same thing happened with some fisherman later on if I recall, an organised campaign like the one for Briggo polled him the most votes

They put a stop to it by having 8 hand picked candidates now though

DON'T even think they invited Loram when he won back in 2000 either, but I could be wrong.

Haven't the beeb admitted to the fact now? The same thing happened with some fisherman later on if I recall, an organised campaign like the one for Briggo polled him the most votes

Yes. In the early 90s, the Angling Times ran a campaign for everyone to vote for Bob Nudd. He polled a massive number of votes, but the BBC decided to discount organised campaigns.

• Like 1

Ironic really - a bit like the SGP!!!

• Like 1

Thought Tai came across really well in both the BBC TV and radio interviews. Rob Bonnet clearly did a bit of research for his Radio 4 Today interview. Perhaps BSI should invite him along to Cardiff next year? The more friends we get in the media the better.

Has any one got a link to the BBC interview, thanks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p01jgh9t

Thank you for Posting the 'Link' topaz325. :t:

I thought Tai did very well in his Interview. I am more impressed each time I see him. :approve: :approve:

Off the BBC Link::

:::::::

Meet Britain's latest world champion Tai Woffinden

DURATION: 02:49

Tai talks to Breafast's Sally Nugent about becoming the Speedway World champion.

::::::

Does the 02.49 indicate how long the BBC item on Tai Woffinden lasted? If so, that's hardly a mega breakthrough for speedway is it?

Please stop talking about SPOTY. It is not going to happen. He might get a 5 second mention, or his name might scroll accorss the screen at some point, but that will be it.

Andy Murry, Chris Froome, Ben Ainsle, Alistair Cook, Justin Rose, Mo Farah, Christine Orhorogu are shoe in for nominations. Add a Lions rugby player, and it's clear that there won't be room for a minority sport in the final candidates. Tom Sykes or Cal Crutchlow are more likely to be in than Tai. I'm not saying that this is how it should be, but remember the nominations are done by people like Sue Barker.