British Speedway Forum

although some have intimated that it would be expensive if riding for 2 clubs due to switching admin fees.

If that were the case then a decision has to be made on him riding for only one club this season.I am a Somerset supporter and would love to have our skipper back but I feel the best solution would be for Nick to return to Somerset ( if poss ) and JD to ride for the Lions.In saying that though bearing in mind all the work Debbie is putting into this for JD and the Rebs it would have to be the Rebels,a very difficult situation which I think is going to all end in tears unfortunately.

Isnt it weird, speedway riders are self employed, so surely Jason doesnt need to be sponsors by an employer? Or they're not actually self employed?

puzzling quote in an article written by a Helen Kennedy in this weeks Star. Talking about Somerset's opening match challenges against Plymouth. Gary is quoted as saying "it will see an early return of Kyle Newman which should provide added spice to the matches and with Kyle lining up for The Devils it will give an additional edge no doubt."

No mention of Alex Davies, very strange, perhaps it's his visa problem!

Isnt it weird, speedway riders are self employed, so surely Jason doesnt need to be sponsors by an employer? Or they're not actually self employed?

I think they must be self employed as I don't think the clubs pay their tax or NI.

• Like 2

Nick would probably continue improving and are there many other possible number one rider

Would love to see Nick back. Does anyone know ,if he does come back, how many meetings he would miss as he'll be Swindon's asset, U21 Aussie WTC and could also enter the World U21.

puzzling quote in an article written by a Helen Kennedy in this weeks Star. Talking about Somerset's opening match challenges against Plymouth. Gary is quoted as saying "it will see an early return of Kyle Newman which should provide added spice to the matches and with Kyle lining up for The Devils it will give an additional edge no doubt."

No mention of Alex Davies, very strange, perhaps it's his visa problem!

Alex Davies has not been able to get a visa. Ashley Taylor has said this in the paper.

If I read that correctly the BSPA can sanction his Tier 5 visa as a temporary worker from 1st March to 31st Oct?

Although for whatever reason they seem unlikely to do so - if as mentioned on this thread, it's too expensive then maybe the rider should stump up the money themselves otherwise it's going to be a long old year for them sat back in Australia.

Although for whatever reason they seem unlikely to do so - if as mentioned on this thread, it's too expensive then maybe the rider should stump up the money themselves otherwise it's going to be a long old year for them sat back in Australia.

The figure suggested was approx £400 per application which in itself seems reasonable.

The significant expense was that to switch between employers on this type of visa meant paying this fee each time (so potentially each meeting)

If this was correct then it would make riding for more than one team impractical.

The figure suggested was approx £400 per application which in itself seems reasonable.

The significant expense was that to switch between employers on this type of visa meant paying this fee each time (so potentially each meeting)

If this was correct then it would make riding for more than one team impractical.

Leicester best get looking for a new no.1 in which case.

• Like 1

Leicester best get looking for a new no.1 in which case.

It could all be a load of bull though!

I hope it is sorted satisfactorily. The PL will be the poorer fot it if not.

• Like 1

Would be amazed if Nick Morris rides for the Rebels now.

Hope Doyle gets his permit, and that lessons are learnt for all Aussie riders!

Edited by superguest

Doyle reckons he is still going to be busy according to his twitter last night , saying he can still ride in all parts of Europe just not the UK

Doyle reckons he is still going to be busy according to his twitter last night , saying he can still ride in all parts of Europe just not the UK

From his Twitter Account

@SpeedwayGP I would like to clear 1 thing up. I will still be able to ride Poland Denmark swedan anywhere in Europe except uk.