British Speedway Forum

So with the promotors conference this weekend it would have been nice to hear from the owners about their intentions for the Brummies next season. Says in the Star that its unclear whether the Brummies will race on next season and at what level, I dont think fans should be kept in the dark. You obviously cant say things for certain before the AGM but it would have been nice to hear from Alan Phillips about his intentions, instead it's been left to Graham Drury and Phil Morris. Drury says he's been asked 'a million times' about Birmingham Speedway next season but says 'he really doesnt know' and he's the co-promotor!!

I think we'll be going ahead next year, if Phillips wanted out, surely he would of gone public in search of a buyer by now ?, and you could hardly seel if no one knows you wanted to sell.

Or is that too common sense thinking for this sport ?.

Despite Horton's protestations I woulden't rule Barker out, depends what the lad wants himself.

Paying, I would imagine. :lol:

• Like 2

Suprise suprise Phil Morris quits as team manager at the Brummies a sign of things to come down at Perry Barr Im afraid.

Suprise suprise Phil Morris quits as team manager at the Brummies a sign of things to come down at Perry Barr Im afraid.

....to take on Team GB?

....to take on Team GB?

Full story in Birmingham Mail but Phil's decision has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Team GB

Paul

Full story in Birmingham Mail but Phil's decision has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Team GB

Paul

what was the reason he left ???

what was the reason he left ???

Seems hes upset with one particular person on the management side,and it was only Graham Drury that stoped him walking out earlier in the season.

With this story and other rumours about the PL on the Brummies forum, Alan Phillips can do one IMO now, almost British Champions to possible midtable PL fodder with an inferior team manager, that will really have sponsors and fans rushing through the door to make the finances healthier won't it :mad:

As I've said before, allegedly we went EL under Tony Mole as crowd levels in the PL were not good enough, so why the hell would they be good enough now ?, you certainly will have a drop off in attendance so any drop in expenditure is lost again by a drop in revenue, but at PL level it's that much harder to attract new fans and sponsors, so if there's any truth in it, it would be a daft decision commercially, especially as the 2014 EL appears likely to be barely a step up.

Seems hes upset with one particular person on the management side,and it was only Graham Drury that stoped him walking out earlier in the season.

I wonder who that could be?

Anyone provide the link about Morris leaving? I can't find anything on the Birmingham Mail site!!!!