British Speedway Forum

I'll say one thing for Birmingham they do try hard to get people to attend with low admission prices.

The season ticket works out at £13.10 per meeting. Bargain!

............and here was me thinking the pedal had dropped off!!!

No such luck :sad:

............and here was me thinking the pedal had dropped off!!!

I was hoping for the arm and the crank with it!

• Like 2

Well I was one of about 12 people to show up to see the Brummies have a spin today.

King - Looked sluggish to me. Certainly not as fast as he can be around PB. He can look so-so sometimes then come to life the week after so overall I'm sure he'll do his job.

Skornicki - He looked quicker if anything than he did last night at Monmore so positive signs there for you. He's had some good rides around PB when I've seen him so could have a really solid season.

Barker - He was definitely quicker toward the end compared to earlier on. He always looks pretty wild and on the edge of control so I never read anything in to that. It's just a case of how fast he's going while looking wild with him!! :D

Nermark - Bit of 'meh' practice by him. Can't see him pulling up any trees if I'm honest so nothing much to say really. He wasn't all over the place or notably slow though.

Kennett - Easily the stand out rider there today. He looked very quick, sharp, smooth and riding the track pretty hard for a practice. He could make or break the Brummies season.

Starke - I'd put him up there with Kennett. He looked very comfortable and quick too. He alongside Kennett will have a big impact on the way their season pans out. He can gate consistently well and can be very quick when out from in clean air. He could surprise a few.

Lambert - Simon looked a tad uncomfortable going in to the turns a few times but seemed to have some pretty good kit under him. If he can get to grips with PB and just smooth out his cornering compared to today he and Starke are my tip to be potential spoilers at reserve. While everyone is watching Kerr/Rose and Morris/Jacobs these two might be racking up the points themselves.

Thanks for the info heathen.. I see you went to wolves as well today then who do you think is shaping better ?

Before anyone jumps down my throat as people tend to do on this thread yes I know its p&p ....

Well I was one of about 12 people to show up to see the Brummies have a spin today.

It was a lot more than that! :nono::lol:

Great to see the big Red B featuring prominently on the new race suit again!

Odd looking at them not being bright yellow!

They took pills for the jaundice this year.