British Speedway Forum

Its 20% when added and 1/6 when subtracted clearly too difficult for people to work out if you spend 200 on fuel they won't get back 40 which is 20% it will be 33 quid

• Like 2

Its 20% when added and 1/6 when subtracted clearly too difficult for people to work out if you spend 200 on fuel they won't get back 40 which is 20% it will be 33 quid

Correct... :t:

• Like 1

Very good joking aside I have sponsored robert lambert at k.lynn this season and bought his helmet that for some reason is is exempt from vat I assumed because it was safety gear maybe ?

Very good joking aside I have sponsored robert lambert at k.lynn this season and bought his helmet that for some reason is is exempt from vat I assumed because it was safety gear maybe ?

That's great news that you've done that but, can I ask with you clearly not being a Stars fan why you've done that? Not being critical of anything but what about your teams own youngsters??

It just seems random to sponsor another teams rider to me

That's fine mate at the. Time I agreed to sponsor robert birmingham had 0 riders signed and there was doubt about are future. I had my first child in november and it was his christmas present he will have my lads name on his kevlars next season I would rather support the future of the sport rather than more established riders ... I hope to keep my very modest sponsorship going throughout hes early years... you behest know he may bee a brummie in the near future

• Like 3

Birmingham's last junior rider was back in 2007, a certain Paul Starke who rode for the Birmingham Bulls in the Academy League, in that era...and he's still Birmingham's promising National League junior this coming season.

ummm, actually, would Jack Roberts, Ben Taylor and Ludvig Lindgren have fitted the bill? Maybe Paul Starke isn't the only junior rider that Birmingham have had then.

Maybe Birmingham's long term interests would be better off with junior fans in the late teens and early 20's being sponsored! You can pick up riders from anywhere, Young fans aren't so easy to come by.

Now that they know roughly what the season's wage bill is likely to be, they had better see about financing it...and not make it reliant on people walking through the door, because

1) there will be fewer of them, and

2) judging by the fans in the promotional video (on the web site and

), the average revenue per fan won't be much higher than £10 which is the basic discretionary admission price.

Actually, if it wasn't such a desperate situation, this could have been the acid test of the oft mooted theory on BSF that speedway admission charges should only be £10 per adult. That's what the Brummies will average from their fanbase, let's see if they can make the business sustainable at that level of revenue.

What would of course help is if some serious sponsorship could be found or someone who can acquire sponsorship can be hired so that he can get on with it straight away.

If that's the case, sponsorship ties with Saga FM or Retirement homes etc could be utilised?!

Danny the cowboy king on biker fm tonight from 8pm

Is chris simpson back on the centre green next season ?

If not is it the fella from leicester again ...anyone but porky infact could I apply myself to do it free of charge...

Does anyone else think the Press n Practise timings are a little 'odd' - only open to the public from 3.45pm? Normally opens sometime between 12-1pm.

Does anyone else think the Press n Practise timings are a little 'odd' - only open to the public from 3.45pm? Normally opens sometime between 12-1pm.

Very odd. I'd have thought that the riders would have been finishing up and wanting to get showered / changed by 3.45pm. Without any decent organisers and decision makers there now, you have to expect odd things to come out.

Any news yet on who's accepted their invitations to the Selco Classic Individual meeting yet?

Hi folks the tickets for the selco classic are for sale on Amazon and group on for £7 each I have just ordered myn wasnt going to bother with a busy and expensive first week but for £7 be silly not too

Slap in the face for season ticket holders again (are there any of them left any more?) - a season ticket costs £13.10 per meeting, based on the 19 fixtures pre-play-offs, but you can now get in for £7 instead.

And it's not the first time either. Last year someone buying tickets from the telephone hotline with all the 10% discounts and taking advantage of all the promotional offers on Groupon etc would have saved over £50 during the course of the season compared to the 2013 season ticket price. No wonder that the season ticket offer was extended, no-one was buying them, and who'd be surprised at that?

Slap in the face for season ticket holders again (are there any of them left any more?) - a season ticket costs £13.10 per meeting, based on the 19 fixtures pre-play-offs, but you can now get in for £7 instead.

And it's not the first time either. Last year someone buying tickets from the telephone hotline with all the 10% discounts and taking advantage of all the promotional offers on Groupon etc would have saved over £50 during the course of the season compared to the 2013 season ticket price. No wonder that the season ticket offer was extended, no-one was buying them, and who'd be surprised at that?

The Selco Classic was not included the the season ticket deal it was for league meetings only

& the Brummies season tickets & on the night entry is the cheapest in the league

suggest you slag some other team off getting fed up for your anti Brummie posts.

• Like 4