British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Christmas Cracker - Coventry - Sunday 29th December

The meeting will be a noon start on Sunday 29th December. Exact format to be confirmed but hoped to include both an individual event and a team meeting.

Pleased about the start time - let's hope the weather is dry and not too cold

• Like 1

It seems easy for promoters to get permissions from the relevant speedway bodies to run meetings like this out of the "regular season" Why does it seem unfeasible to get the correct permissions to run a rained off meeting from the regular season, just out of season......? For example, if a play off final is rained off late October, why cannot it be ran in the first week of November?

I understand that the SCB will sanction just one meeting per month (including indoor) in the 'close season' - if an important enough meeting was left hanging and needed to happen in November i guess an application to stage it COULD be possible...

Stoke had two consecutive meetings rained off on their last two race dates of 2013 in October and ended up failing to complete two official fixtures. I wonder if they sought an application to stage these 'out of season' or did not?

2014 COVENTRY signing Ryan Fisher is a confirmed starter for the Christmas Cracker at Brandon on Sunday December 29.

The Cracker is the only conventional speedway event to take place in the UK during the winter months, and meetings of this kind have traditionally attracted big crowds.

Fisher will be part of a much-changed Buildbase Bees team when the regular season gets back underway in March, having agreed to rejoin his parent club after loan spells with Plymouth and Peterborough.
The spectacular American will be keen to impress on his home track, after just missing out on a semi-final place in the Brandonapolis last month.

Also confirmed for the Christmas Cracker is Lakeside’s 2013 Rider of the Year Richard Lawson, who enjoyed a fine debut campaign at Purfleet and will return to the Hammers next season, although he is set to move from Workington at Premier League level.

The meeting will also see a return to the sport for former British Under-21 Champion and World Longtrack star David Howe, who missed the last two months of the season but has a strong record in winter events, including being a double winner of the New Year Classic in its stagings at Newport.

The Cracker, which gets underway at midday, promises to be a terrific family day out – especially as all under-16s will be admitted FREE.

Admission for all adults has been set at £15, and Coventry supporters are reminded that 2014 Season Tickets will be valid for the Cracker if paid for in full before

Christmas.
Further details on the line-up, and the full format for the day, will follow regularly over the coming weeks.

Looking forward to this, breaks the long gap between october and march ! Plus will be my first meeting at Coventry so hopefully weather good for us all and a good days racing.

• Like 1

2014 COVENTRY signing Ryan Fisher is a confirmed starter for the Christmas Cracker at Brandon on Sunday December 29.

The Cracker is the only conventional speedway event to take place in the UK during the winter months, and meetings of this kind have traditionally attracted big crowds.

Fisher will be part of a much-changed Buildbase Bees team when the regular season gets back underway in March, having agreed to rejoin his parent club after loan spells with Plymouth and Peterborough.

The spectacular American will be keen to impress on his home track, after just missing out on a semi-final place in the Brandonapolis last month.

Also confirmed for the Christmas Cracker is Lakeside’s 2013 Rider of the Year Richard Lawson, who enjoyed a fine debut campaign at Purfleet and will return to the Hammers next season, although he is set to move from Workington at Premier League level.

The meeting will also see a return to the sport for former British Under-21 Champion and World Longtrack star David Howe, who missed the last two months of the season but has a strong record in winter events, including being a double winner of the New Year Classic in its stagings at Newport.

The Cracker, which gets underway at midday, promises to be a terrific family day out – especially as all under-16s will be admitted FREE.

Admission for all adults has been set at £15, and Coventry supporters are reminded that 2014 Season Tickets will be valid for the Cracker if paid for in full before

Christmas.

Further details on the line-up, and the full format for the day, will follow regularly over the coming weeks.

So far, then, it seems like a premier event. Have any Elite league riders shown any interest?

Edited by Fanmale
  • Like 1

So far, then, it seems like a premier event. Have any Elite league riders shown any interest?

Fisher

sums up modern day individuals this does

What a sad individual you must be. Every thread, moaning this moaning that, trying to drop others in it, attacking folks trying to raise old scores.

Another "Don't go to speedway anymore", if it's that bad why not walk away as you have done and stay away.

• Like 4

What a sad individual you must be. Every thread, moaning this moaning that, trying to drop others in it, attacking folks trying to raise old scores.

Another "Don't go to speedway anymore", if it's that bad why not walk away as you have done and stay away.

hello, my "hide behind a stupid name" stalker is back......1 thing is for sure, you will never get to me by making snide remarks..

nor will you stop me or others who don't agree with you having a say..in MY opinion, its stating fact again, that individual meetings are 100%, clearly weaker fields than in the past...that must be obvious, even for you!!

hello, my "hide behind a stupid name" stalker is back......1 thing is for sure, you will never get to me by making snide remarks..

nor will you stop me or others who don't agree with you having a say..in MY opinion, its stating fact again, that individual meetings are 100%, clearly weaker fields than in the past...that must be obvious, even for you!!

as for your "dropping people in it quote", how many times do we here people sittin in a tree outside highlighted cos they havnt paid to go in????....so if you all happy to have people rip you off, you go ahead and leave him working for the club, no skin off my nose!

as for your "dropping people in it quote", how many times do we here people sittin in a tree outside highlighted cos they havnt paid to go in????....so if you all happy to have people rip you off, you go ahead and leave him working for the club, no skin off my nose!

"if you don't like it, go away and stay away"..you say....lovely p.r.........don't discuss the problems, just tell your fans to stay away..yet again your comments don't hold any substance

• Like 1

"if you don't like it, go away and stay away"..you say....lovely p.r.........don't discuss the problems, just tell your fans to stay away..yet again your comments don't hold any substance

No doubt there will be some common sense in there somewhere, but it's very well disguised. Walk on.

if you genuinely wanna "discuss" anything, im happy to chat with you, we may never ever agree, but im always happy to keep it civil

TWO members of Coventry’s 2013 squad and a club asset are among the latest riders to be confirmed for the Christmas Cracker at Brandon on Sunday December 29.

And supporters attending the festive event – which gets underway at midday – will also be able to enjoy a full support programme taking the afternoon schedule up to a 21-race programme.

The Christmas Cracker will be contested over a 15-heat format, culminating in the Final which will be the last race of the day.

The 12 riders each have four qualifying races with the top eight proceeding to the semi-finals, where points continue to accumulate. The top four after the semi-finals reach the Final, where progressive points will also determine the finishing order.

Interspersed with the main event will be the six-heat 2013 Midland Development League Knockout Cup Final between the Coventry-Mercia Vikings and Stoke, which will now be run over one leg at this special meeting after it was unable to be staged during the regular season due to poor weather.

Latest names for the Cracker include Coventry asset Josh Auty, who is set to return to Scunthorpe in the Premier League next season with his top-flight future undecided at this stage.

From the Buildbase Bees’ 2013 squad, Aaron Summers has accepted his invitation and will be back with Redcar next year, although like Auty he is unsure of where he will be racing at the higher level, whilst Stuart Robson is set to make a welcome return from the broken leg which curtailed his campaign back in August, having already signed on with Newcastle for 2014.

Also included is experienced Australian racer Kevin Doolan, who recently completed a highly consistent season with near-neighbours Leicester, and who also made several top-flight appearances for Lakeside.

They join Ryan Fisher, Richard Lawson and David Howe in the line-up with five names to be confirmed to complete the senior field.

Event co-ordinator Laurence Rogers said: “We’re happy with the way the meeting is coming together, we want racers who will give it 110 per cent and lots of riders are keen to do it.
“Several have ridden in these events before when I organised the New Year Classic at Newport and the idea is to make it an entertaining day for everyone.

“I know there is a lot of interest from around the country with people wanting to come along, and it’s a day we’re all looking forward to.”

*RACE Sponsorship is available for the senior heats in the Christmas Cracker. Please contact laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk for full details.

CHRISTMAS CRACKER – SUNDAY DECEMBER 29 at MIDDAY

Riders announced so far: Josh Auty, Kevin Doolan, Ryan Fisher, David Howe, Richard Lawson, Stuart Robson, Aaron Summers.

Admission: All adults £15, all under-16s FREE

Looking good with riders of a similar ability so it's a level playing field. :approve:

TWO members of Coventry’s 2013 squad and a club asset are among the latest riders to be confirmed for the Christmas Cracker at Brandon on Sunday December 29.

And supporters attending the festive event – which gets underway at midday – will also be able to enjoy a full support programme taking the afternoon schedule up to a 21-race programme.

The Christmas Cracker will be contested over a 15-heat format, culminating in the Final which will be the last race of the day.

The 12 riders each have four qualifying races with the top eight proceeding to the semi-finals, where points continue to accumulate. The top four after the semi-finals reach the Final, where progressive points will also determine the finishing order.

Interspersed with the main event will be the six-heat 2013 Midland Development League Knockout Cup Final between the Coventry-Mercia Vikings and Stoke, which will now be run over one leg at this special meeting after it was unable to be staged during the regular season due to poor weather.

Latest names for the Cracker include Coventry asset Josh Auty, who is set to return to Scunthorpe in the Premier League next season with his top-flight future undecided at this stage.

From the Buildbase Bees’ 2013 squad, Aaron Summers has accepted his invitation and will be back with Redcar next year, although like Auty he is unsure of where he will be racing at the higher level, whilst Stuart Robson is set to make a welcome return from the broken leg which curtailed his campaign back in August, having already signed on with Newcastle for 2014.

Also included is experienced Australian racer Kevin Doolan, who recently completed a highly consistent season with near-neighbours Leicester, and who also made several top-flight appearances for Lakeside.

They join Ryan Fisher, Richard Lawson and David Howe in the line-up with five names to be confirmed to complete the senior field.

Event co-ordinator Laurence Rogers said: “We’re happy with the way the meeting is coming together, we want racers who will give it 110 per cent and lots of riders are keen to do it.

“Several have ridden in these events before when I organised the New Year Classic at Newport and the idea is to make it an entertaining day for everyone.

“I know there is a lot of interest from around the country with people wanting to come along, and it’s a day we’re all looking forward to.”

*RACE Sponsorship is available for the senior heats in the Christmas Cracker. Please contact laurencerogers@blueyonder.co.uk for full details.

CHRISTMAS CRACKER – SUNDAY DECEMBER 29 at MIDDAY

Riders announced so far: Josh Auty, Kevin Doolan, Ryan Fisher, David Howe, Richard Lawson, Stuart Robson, Aaron Summers.

Admission: All adults £15, all under-16s FREE

Very pleasing to see that the MDL Cup Final is going to be staged during the course of the afternoon too. It's a meeting I'm very much looking forward to.

12 riders with 8 rider going into the semis. Why not just have 8 riders and have 2 semis and a final. To hell with the heats, save a bit more cash.