British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Torun Disciplinary Hearing Result

google translation of verdict courtesy of sportowefakty-Torun bound to lodge an appeal

Trial Committee decided on the second leg final league in. The Unibax Torun and Slawomir Kryjoma subject to severe penalties!

Penalties imposed on Slawomir Kryjoma:

- Suspension for two years

- The loss of any license PZM

- A ban on entry to the pits for 16 months

Penalties imposed on Unibax Torun:

- 12 points negative for season 2014

- 573 thousand. zł reimbursement of lost benefits for Falubaz Zielona Gora

- 363 thousand. zł total penalties for Extraleague

- 1.5 million zł in three selected foundations involved in the fight against cancer in children

- 3 first matches organized at home - the price of tickets up to 1 zł gross

The claim of Torun Unibaxu of mutual walkover.

Edited by racers and royals

BUT that would punish the fans and riders who were the innocent victims in this sorry saga. The only man to blame is the owner of the club...

I like this part: "1.5 million zł in three selected foundations involved in the fight against cancer in children"

google translation of verdict courtesy of sportowefakty-Torun bound to lodge an appeal

Trial Committee decided on the second leg final league in. The Unibax Torun and Slawomir Kryjoma subject to severe penalties!

Penalties imposed on Slawomir Kryjoma:

- Suspension for two years

- The loss of any license PZM

- A ban on entry to the pits for 16 months

Penalties imposed on Unibax Torun:

- 12 points negative for season 2014

- 573 thousand. zł reimbursement of lost benefits for Falubaz Zielona Gora

- 363 thousand. zł total penalties for Extraleague

- 1.5 million zł in three selected foundations involved in the fight against cancer in children

- 3 first matches organized at home - the price of tickets up to 1 zł gross

The claim of Torun Unibaxu of mutual walkover.

Don't think we've heard the end of this one. Torun say they will appeal, and the way these things go over there I would bet that the fines will be reduced. Also the licence and bans on individuals. In some ways the 12 point deduction for next season might be the biggest problem for the team. This season Torun finished 3rd in the league with 29 points (pre play-offs) .Take 12 off that and it would have put them in serious relegation trouble. And next year there will be only 16 matches to catch up as opposed to 18 this year.

quite a good outcome for some people. I think that the money they have to pay for the cancer side is a good idea. With regards to the race tickets 1zl for the first 3 matches is excellent. Just think a cheap flight over to Poland for us and we can watch speedway for 1zl.

quite a good outcome for some people. I think that the money they have to pay for the cancer side is a good idea. With regards to the race tickets 1zl for the first 3 matches is excellent. Just think a cheap flight over to Poland for us and we can watch speedway for 1zl.

My interpretation of the Google translation is that 1 zloty of each ticket sold will be donated to charity. I am open to correction from Polish speakers on the site.

My interpretation of the Google translation is that 1 zloty of each ticket sold will be donated to charity. I am open to correction from Polish speakers on the site.

Futher bit added on Sportowefakty

It is worth noting that Unibax also because of superimposed walkover will have to pay for Falubaz Zielona Gora 200,000 gold ! It is a punishment in Rules . Taking into account the average attendance at the stadium in Torun and duty driven away three games with ticket prices at the level of 1 zł gross , total losses Unibaxu Torun can be as high as 3.7 million !

It seems to say admission is 1 zl,but I agree translation could mean anything.

The 3 fines alone come to over half a million British pounds, thats without the last bit about the first 3 home meetings. Add int eh fact that with a 12 point deduction next season it means that they're not going to be in any championship play-offs so may well lose fans at meetings it could cost them a fortune!

Admission to first 3 meetings is 1 zloty that is it if you translated this any other way you wrong.

Admission to first 3 meetings is 1 zloty that is it if you translated this any other way you wrong.

Thanks for the clarifaciation Pawel-they might as well have made it free admission for what a ZL is worth.

The person who has been banned Slawomir kryjoma is the Team manager-Roman Karkosik is the wealthy owner.

One possible outcome being mentioned is the Torun club being declared bankrupt to avoid paying the fines.

Injustice. The team manager gets fined and banned, and the owner, who was the cause of all this bullsh.. walks away untouched.

Torun want to buy Emil Sayfutdinov and Nicki Pedersen for next season. Hats off to Woffy whom they had also targeted, but has said no to their offer and remains with Wroclaw in 2014.