British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ebay Speedway Painting For Ricky Ashworth Fund

I have put up on Ebay a small framed ink original painting of a speedway rider dated 1931. The final hammer price will go to the Ricky Ashworth Fund.

I have owned this for a few years but can't think of a more worthy or deserving cause to let it go to.

Please take a look. It will make a great Christmas present for a speedway fan and the money will go to where it is needed. Bid with gusto.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350912087727#ht_808wt_1170

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

I have put up on Ebay a small framed ink original painting of a speedway rider dated 1931. The final hammer price will go to the Ricky Ashworth Fund.

I have owned this for a few years but can't think of a more worthy or deserving cause to let it go to.

Please take a look. It will make a great Christmas present for a speedway fan and the money will go to where it is needed. Bid with gusto.

Cheers

Steve

A terrific gesture on your part Steve. I have tried and failed to buy it. I DO hope it makes lots of money for Ricky. :)

• Like 1

Big thank you to the Speedway Star for carrying a photo of the painting plus a link to it on Ebay.

Current price with less than a week to go is 51.00 with lots of watchers. Hopefully these will turn into bids.

The idea is to bid a little more and often to sneak the price slowly upwards. I know people don't like to show their hand when bidding but on this occassion it's all going to a good cause and the idea is perhaps not to win the item for as cheaply as possible.

Thanks to those who have already bid. With luck it will go higher than the current price.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Only 3 days to run on the Ebay auction to raise funds for Ricky.

The painting is now up to 72 pounds which is great but I hope we can still get it up a bit more. It's worth a lot more than this current price so the winning bidder will know he has a double whammy. Getting a great item to hang on the wall and the money goes to a deserving cause as well.

Come on give a bid. You know you want to!

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Less than 24 hours to go now so if you are thinking of placing a bid please do so soon.

Cheers

Steve

Great cause as it is Steve - :t:

but I guess most are reluctant to bid for the picture because you are the seller...

Just my opinion though....

but I guess most are reluctant to bid for the picture because you are the seller...

I'd like to think that most people wouldn't think like that.

• Like 1

I'd like to think that most people wouldn't think like that.

I agree :t:

Just wondering why there has been so little interest in pretty nifty speedway momento from a bygone era when the proceeds are going to such a good cause, even Publicised in the Speedway star last week.. ;)

Well I gain nothing out of this but Ricky could gain a bit of money and the winner a very nice item.

If people won't bid because it's me selling it then I would find that quite incredulous.

Still, 72 quid isn't a bad amount for the fund if that's what it is going to end at.

Great gesture Steve :t: I find the name 'funkibug' ever so slightly disturbing though.. :D

My wifes account.

Thanks to all those who bid. The painting raised 87 pounds which is a decent little amount if not as much as I had hoped it would raise.

Just need to know now where to send the funds? Anyone close to the Ricky Ashworth Fund on here can tell me where to Paypal it to?

Cheers

Steve

I hope you did not mind me hi-jacking your thread Steve but we have put a signed Tai print on Ebay for the Ricky Fund

Cheers, Jim.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271315531761?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

great gesture from the man ,but I'm afraid a rather silly comment from you IMO.

great gesture from the man ,but I'm afraid a rather silly comment from you IMO.

indeed and if true it would say much more about the person making that choice than SS.
  • Like 1