British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton Hitman 2014

With Williamson it's not the first club it's happened too and not it's not gonna be the last.

Edited by Banani

With Williamson it's not the first club it's happened too and not it's not gonna be the last.

It's a risk you take. The pendulum swings both ways best of luck to the lad. I'm sure Buxton will survive without him

He did pledge his loyalty to Buxton before verbally! He said he would stay due to them giving him his first opertunity last year.

Didn't sign anything but it has angered some Buxton fans

If Matt wants to go where money is that is upto him, Buxton will always be the better club even if can't afford to splash out like some, Great that Liam Carr will be back !

• Like 4

Good signing in Liam some people are just not loyal simple.

• Like 3

Haha no reason Williamson should stay at Buxton is there. Perhaps he wants a change

your promotors playing Fantasy League Speedway again :) maybe one day you will bring on one of your own :)

Great to see Liam is back at Buxton. If Matt wants to ride elsewhere, that's up to him.

• Like 2

Would Adam Allott come back ?

Well at last we have names on the declaration page,great to see Liam is back.Matt Williamson is no great loss we can replace him with another three pointer.But i will like to see where our new number one will come from.

I would think if you could get Mikey Neale back it would be like for like, him and Matt. I did mention a few names Byron, Rob, and how about a phone call to James Birkenshaw, he wouldnt make a bad No1.

Edited by greyhoundp

Would Adam Allott come back ?

He's riding and scoring well in the Amateur Meetings at Scunthorpe, so MAYBE a comeback is in his mind. Would be a good signing if he did.

• Like 2

He's riding and scoring well in the Amateur Meetings at Scunthorpe, so MAYBE a comeback is in his mind. Would be a good signing if he did.

I would like to think Adam might return to ride for Buxton but I doubt it He is now a married man with a young family and his regular work comitments as an engineer may not allow this (by this I mean midweek away meetings ) company bosses are not always sympathetic to missing work .But we may live in hope

It isn't fair to bad mouth a rider for doing what is best for his career advancement, accusations about a lack of loyalty might be ok during the season, but not in the close season. After all, most promoters have no compunction whatsoever in dropping riders who are going through a sticky patch, loyalty works both ways in theory!

I hope Matt does really well and goes from strength to strength and in truth that goes for every British rider in every league.

It will be smashing to see Liam tearing around Buxton this year too, a real treat to watch he is, he has no respect for reputation, every opponent is there to be beaten.

It is worth the admission simply to watch Liam Carr in action, add other, ambitious riders trying hard and it is money well spent to visit Buxton Speedway.

I haven't always held that opinion, but I was wrong, the only other place I like to spend sunday afternoons is Mildenhall, another value for money venue.

Edited by oldsparky
  • Like 1

Neale would make a really good signing looks a great talent.

• Like 3

I have stayed out of this discussion for a while , quite deliberately. But as Matt's sponsor for over 15 years there comes a time when you think you should have your say. But then you realise you need to be circumspect . So all I am going to say is , don't let a good story released by others be compromised by fact.

Matt genuinely enjoyed his time at Buxton, but when presented with a genuine, formalised,cogent offer, he had to consider it carefully. A great deal of time and heart searching went into his decision. And at the end of it I would say he has made it based on his desire to make speedway his career, even at the risk of offending those who gave him a chance.

Nobody should be castigated for a measured judgement, even if it leaves some of you disappointed.

My personal opinion , with its limited shaping due to the politics of the sport is, that if an opportunity presents itself to better yourself, make you a better rider, make yourself a living and provide for those you care about then take it with both hands and run with it.

Too many careers have been curtailed by " what ifs "

• Like 2