British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton Hitman 2014

Well just read on Dudley post that they have signed Matt Williamson, so if that is true Jayne had better get her finger out and sign some riders or there will be no one left any good. What about Mikey Neal Danny Phillips but we really need heat leaders but i cant think of any who are left James Cockle is the only one still not got a place, why not try to tempt Ben Read away from Stoke, and what is Smarty doing try to get him back. Just who have we got never any news coming from the management is really annoying.Just checked out who could do a good job and is available Chris Mills he would be a great number one go get him Jayne.

Unfortunately we don't have a big budget like other clubs so don't attract the riders the same. It gets harder every year and with less riders about this year due to the el draft then it's even worse. If Matt has gone to Dudley that's news to us as last we heard he was thinking of giving NL a miss.

Edited by Jayne

Have you tried getting Liam Carr back Jayne? He is one rider from 2013 that I would not like to see slip away. He added almost 3.5 points to his average this year, I personally believe he could be a 9 pointer in 2014! Already showed great potential as a heat leader, even when chucked in at the deep end at number 4 I believe in his first meeting for the hitmen against former club stoke, scoring 13 points. I hope you have spoken to him and can come to terms and get him signed.

Well just read on Dudley post that they have signed Matt Williamson, so if that is true Jayne had better get her finger out and sign some riders or there will be no one left any good. What about Mikey Neal Danny Phillips but we really need heat leaders but i cant think of any who are left James Cockle is the only one still not got a place, why not try to tempt Ben Read away from Stoke, and what is Smarty doing try to get him back. Just who have we got never any news coming from the management is really annoying.Just checked out who could do a good job and is available Chris Mills he would be a great number one go get him Jayne.

21-year-old Matt Williamson is a regular at Scunthorpes monthly Amateur meetings at the Eddie Wright Raceway and rode for National League Buxton last season.

Godfrey said: Matt is another one with a fantastic motocross pedigree.

Weve signed him as a full asset. Hes another Richie Worrall really, although his motocross pedigree is better than Worralls. From the very beginning, we saw a future in him and now hes come back to us to say he wants to do it, so Im very happy with that.

Edited by morganbike

LifeIsSpeedway - I agree with you, Liam would have been the first of the 2013 team that I would have tried to sign up.

As it hasn't been mentioned on this thread, welcome to Buxton's first signing to be announced - Adam Extance.

Good luck to Matt Williamson has been offered a reserves spot at Scunthorpe in the Premier League so may not be back at Buxton.

Edited by Neil H

Enjoyed my trips to Buxton at the back end of last season. Unfortunately, I won't be there as often this season, but I hope they get a competitive team!

I wouldn't be surprised if they lined up something like

1) Charles Wright 10.37

2) Liam Carr 6.87

3) Lee Smart 5.76

4) Gareth Isherwood 4.57

5) Luke Priest 4.75

6) Ryan Blacklock 4.43

7) Adam Extance 3

Riders who have a history with Buxton, so obviously don't mind the pay structure there, and would do a good job around Buxton.

• Like 1

Vog, that would be a decent team but I think Charles is a non-starter in the NL as he has a PL place. No too sure about a return for Gareth but, as you said, he has history around Buxton.

Neil: Where has Extance's signing been announced?

Vog: Wright is ineligible for NL this year as he's signed for Somerset.

Neil: Where has Extance's signing been announced?

Vog: Wright is ineligible for NL this year as he's signed for Somerset.

Darn.

Ah well. Still, I expect Buxton to put out a solid team, that will do alright at home. I'm assuming they sorted the air fence?

Darn.

Ah well. Still, I expect Buxton to put out a solid team, that will do alright at home. I'm assuming they sorted the air fence?

Would like to see Carr Blacklock smart James wright Branford wholley Williamson but if Dudley claims are true Extance but never heard of him Wright Carr and Branford good heat leaders.But not sure Branford is coming back to UK if not how about Byron Bekker is he fitt.

Edited by bw double

Would like to see Carr Blacklock smart James wright Branford wholley Williamson but if Dudley claims are true Extance but never heard of him Wright Carr and Branford good heat leaders.But not sure Branford is coming back to UK if not how about Byron Bekker is he fitt.

James Wright is an interesting one, but I don't know if he would do NL. Smart has apparently signed for Plymouth. Branford would be a good shout if he is riding over here this year.

Neil: Where has Extance's signing been announced?.

On Adam's Facebook page and in the Star (I think)

• Like 1

To be honest if some one like James Wright rides national league that's gonna be a bit of a joke and theirs some youngsters not eligible, crazy if you ask me

To be honest if some one like James Wright rides national league that's gonna be a bit of a joke and theirs some youngsters not eligible, crazy if you ask me

To be honest, so long as he helped Buxton be competitive, I wouldnt have a problem with it, didnt Seemond Stephens have something like a 6+ PL average when he signed for Plymouth ?. There are only so many decent Heat Leaders around this season, and most if not all of them have already been signed up, So yes it may be a 3 pointer who misses out if James rides NL, but Teams have to have Heat Leaders.

To be honest, so long as he helped Buxton be competitive, I wouldnt have a problem with it, didnt Seemond Stephens have something like a 6+ PL average when he signed for Plymouth ?. There are only so many decent Heat Leaders around this season, and most if not all of them have already been signed up, So yes it may be a 3 pointer who misses out if James rides NL, but Teams have to have Heat Leaders.

And surely, if it helps James to resurrect his career, and his signing draws a few more in at Buxton, where is the harm? He has obvious experience that would be useful to any young rider, and he would be a good team member. I'm not sure why there is this belief that the NL should be for the sole purpose of training new riders. It has to be competitive, or it will fall flat. Having someone like James (Or indeed, Ben Wilson, or Adam Roynon when he was in the league) gives the riders coming through a gauge of where they are. You want to be able to beat the best in your own league, and if that is James Wright, then that makes the job a bit trickier, but it gives you an aim!

I think it's academic, as I don't think James would ride NL, but even so, there is always a role for a rider like him in the NL.

Have you tried getting Liam Carr back Jayne? He is one rider from 2013 that I would not like to see slip away. He added almost 3.5 points to his average this year, I personally believe he could be a 9 pointer in 2014! Already showed great potential as a heat leader, even when chucked in at the deep end at number 4 I believe in his first meeting for the hitmen against former club stoke, scoring 13 points. I hope you have spoken to him and can come to terms and get him signed.

I hope you sign Liam as well he has signed as reserve for us i seen him ride for Edinburgh at the end of last season and he rode some good races i think he needs a bit more experience he was still at school last year hopefully this year he will kick on and have an injury free season