British Speedway Forum

People of Wolverhampton I need help. I`m coming to the British Final in a couple of weeks and have booked into the Travelodge in Wolverhampton Central, I spoke to a couple in Prague at the weekend and they were saying it wasn't in the best areas of the city, also they said it was situated about 2 miles from Monmore, can anyone advise.

Wolverhampton is a rubbish hole. There is no nice place to stay.

Wolverhampton is a rubbish hole. There is no nice place to stay.

.How many times have you visited,two miles to the west of the city and virtually all greenbelt(bar Telford)untill you reach the coast.

Where exactly do you live.Then i might even comment futher.

So wolverhampton itself isnt nice, but its near some nice places is that what you're saying?

Pretty sure scb lives in cardiff - which is a brilliant city based on my visits there.

So wolverhampton itself isnt nice, but its near some nice places is that what you're saying?

Pretty sure scb lives in cardiff - which is a brilliant city based on my visits there.

Yep,the city centre is a bit rubbish,but some of the suburbs are fine(Tettenhall,Wightwick,Lower Penn ect)and there are many hotels in these outer areas.

Theres loads of them around the Tettenhall Rd area,and not to expensive.But it would be around three miles from the track.

Ok SCB wasn't much help, maybe we can concentrate on the matter in hand. :D

People of Wolverhampton I need help. I`m coming to the British Final in a couple of weeks and have booked into the Travelodge in Wolverhampton Central, I spoke to a couple in Prague at the weekend and they were saying it wasn't in the best areas of the city, also they said it was situated about 2 miles from Monmore, can anyone advise.

Ok SCB wasn't much help, maybe we can concentrate on the matter in hand. :D

Screm,the Travelodge in W,ton is fine.Could be very noisy though,situated at the junction of Waterloo Rd and the ring road.

My niece has stayed there,and said it was good.

It is a fair distance to the nearest bus stop for the Green,about 3/4 mile to the bus station.Think its the No 74(but could be wrong).

ps,the Travelodge is about 100 yards from the Golden Palace(Molineux)pity its out of season for you to make a visit :wink:

• Like 1

What a sad reflection on the state of British Speedway when you see the line up for what once was a prestigous meeting.

The Copthorne Hotel is very nice, & you can walk to the stadium from there. Depending on the amount of alcohol you drink, the all you can eat breakfast is good as well.

What a ar$ehole.How many times have you visited,two miles to the west of the city and virtually all greenbelt(bar Telford)untill you reach the coast.

Where exactly do you live.Then i might even comment futher.

I live in Newport at the moment. Another rubbish hole on a par with Wolverhampton. So your defense of Wolverhampton is that everywhere outside of Wolverhampton is nice.

I've been to Wolverhampton about a two dozen times (plus more for the speedway but it's probably not fair to count them) as I used to work for a company that had a site in Bilston and it was at one point one of my options for university.

Really, Wolverhampton has nothing to offer the tourist/casual visitor. There is no area that a someone visiting the city can go to and it be considered "nice"

Screm,the Travelodge in W,ton is fine.Could be very noisy though,situated at the junction of Waterloo Rd and the ring road.

My niece has stayed there,and said it was good.

It is a fair distance to the nearest bus stop for the Green,about 3/4 mile to the bus station.Think its the No 74(but could be wrong).

ps,the Travelodge is about 100 yards from the Golden Palace(Molineux)pity its out of season for you to make a visit :wink:

The Copthorne Hotel is very nice, & you can walk to the stadium from there. Depending on the amount of alcohol you drink, the all you can eat breakfast is good as well.

Thanks for the reply's guys I knew there was sense out there somewhere.

• Like 1

I live in Newport at the moment. Another rubbish hole on a par with Wolverhampton. So your defense of Wolverhampton is that everywhere outside of Wolverhampton is nice.

I've been to Wolverhampton about a two dozen times (plus more for the speedway but it's probably not fair to count them) as I used to work for a company that had a site in Bilston and it was at one point one of my options for university.

Really, Wolverhampton has nothing to offer the tourist/casual visitor. There is no area that a someone visiting the city can go to and it be considered "nice"

Oh,right so i can see why you made those comments using Bilston as a template for Wolverhampton.

Wolvo dosent claim to be a tourist destination,its an industrial city that has its roots in engineering.

But,Screm asked the question about getting from hotel to track,and there was no useful info you gave about that with your vile remark.

• Like 2

But,Screm asked the question about getting from hotel to track,and there was no useful info you gave about that with your vile remark.

And your advice was gratefully received, maybe there could be a thread opened for speedway travellers to put help on here for others going to meetings whether its in this country or aboard, hotels, places to eat etc.

My trip to Wolves is the start of a mini-break, after Wolves I will be going to Peterborough v Workington and then Kings Lynn v Belle Vue so any advice was welcome.

And your advice was gratefully received, maybe there could be a thread opened for speedway travellers to put help on here for others going to meetings whether its in this country or aboard, hotels, places to eat etc.

My trip to Wolves is the start of a mini-break, after Wolves I will be going to Peterborough v Workington and then Kings Lynn v Belle Vue so any advice was welcome.

Que SCB. :P

Proper speedway supporter then - good man!

• Like 2

Anyone know who would replace Adam Roynon if he failed to recover from his injuries