British Speedway Forum

Fab metting, glad i made the long journey. Well done Tai, deserved winner. Cook, Barker 100 percent effort. Garrity, wow, so impressive. My only disappointment was Bridger, in the form of his life, first 2 rides was amazing, then 3 lasts ? Such a talent on a bike. Just cant put my finger on whats missing with him ?

• Like 3

Am not a fan of Woffy`s but last night don`t think he did much for his credability. For a world champion on his own track to have to revert to doctoring his starting gate was totally ridiculous. I take it that now from this any rider who so wishes will be allowed to bring his own spade and rake and doctor his patch of track should he have drawn a less favourable gate. It was embarrassing to watch and Tai made himself look a total idiot. Personally think Tai should be called in front of the SCB to explain his actions ! he really should have been expelled from the meeting thats my opinion it was a totally disgusting display......If Tai wants to be a popular world champ he needs to get his feet on the ground and start acting like an adult at present he`s not doing himself any favours.....

Everone is on Tai's back regarding starting gate antics ,were Cooks any better he was out before the Final "tampering" with his gate position.?

What is with Referees and getting things wrong. After watching Germany and Portugal fiasco when the whole charade was created by a stupid ref decision, we watch the British Speedway Final and the Ref is just as bad.

To be good Ref, you need to be consistent, be strong and have a certain amount of common sense. Didn't see that last night. In the very first heat he disqualifies King when he was left high and dry, Fair enough if he treats all races the same, but we saw later he thought differently. Kelvin Tatum says too much and makes decisions before the Ref announcement, I'm sure the Ref listened to Tatum judgement before he makes his. That's weak. At times I thought Tatum was the referee.

The big one was the Bomber and Nicholls , even with the tele playbacks to help make his mind up, the Ref again done as Tatum said . Bomber knew he'd lost out to Scotty from the previous corner, and despite laying on him, he calculated his slide off was the only option of a final place. Every opinion, read and listened was voiced in Nicholls favour.

Then the Come Gardening programme at the end of the night, again show the Ref up in a bad light.

Other than that, good meeting, plenty of race winners, and the deserved winner had to be Woffy. When it comes to British riders, Woffy in a class of his own.......

Everone is on Tai's back regarding starting gate antics ,were Cooks any better he was out before the Final "tampering" with his gate position

He wasn`t using a shovel . don`t have a problem with them stamping etc but to bring a shovel get real where will it end !!!

Edited by dornier

They were all preparing their start positions last night, so no big deal. The only issue is that one rider had tools, were the other riders offered them?

The biggest surprise to me last night was Nicholls pathetic and childish rant on Twitter, that got all the speedway sycophants out in force. I can't say if Harris slid off easily or not, to me it looked like NIcholls put himself and his bike into a gap where there would always be contact, unless Harris backed off. These things happen, racing incident, heat of the moment stuff with the referee, move on.

What is unprofessional, childish and pathetic is this tweet that appeared on Nicholls Twitter timeline.

Also think I'll by someone some stabilisers for Christmas 263a.pngOr maybe some Speedo's for their next dive 1f44d.png

Edited by Marmite
  • Like 1

Am not a fan of Woffy`s but last night don`t think he did much for his credability. For a world champion on his own track to have to revert to doctoring his starting gate was totally ridiculous. I take it that now from this any rider who so wishes will be allowed to bring his own spade and rake and doctor his patch of track should he have drawn a less favourable gate. It was embarrassing to watch and Tai made himself look a total idiot. Personally think Tai should be called in front of the SCB to explain his actions ! he really should have been expelled from the meeting thats my opinion it was a totally disgusting display......If Tai wants to be a popular world champ he needs to get his feet on the ground and start acting like an adult at present he`s not doing himself any favours.....

Am not a Tai fan either, im a speedway fan! Ok what he did at the start, wright or wrong is a debate. But Tai is a very good ambassador for all his commitment, we should applaud him for that!!

Pedersen and Zagar clash in a GP and Pedersen is the devil. Nicholls and Harris do the same in a GB final and Harris is a diver. Don't forget that Scott had already ridden into him coming out of the 4th bend to be able to be inside him, he could technically be excluded for that.

FWIW, I think Harris could have stayed on. But Nicholls put himself in a position for that to happen and I'm not convinced that Scott was taken out on the first bend when Lanham got a bit close. I'm sure Scott played that one to his advantage as much as Bomber did the semi.

I thought I had heard some booing as he was track stricken myself via Sky last night, but I dismissed it assuming it was not booing, because after all what kind of pathetic, low-life scum would boo a stricken rider.

Great meeting that had it all.

Wuffy a deserved winner but they need to put a stop to this gardening nonsense as Tai was severely taking the p#ss at the end :)

If it had gone on any longer he would have been driving a JCB and supervising a squad of men.

Garrity was man of the meeting for me. Did well last year and this year nearly made the final.

Barker was entertaining and mad as he is nearly made Cardiff and would have deserved it.

Some of the other also rans did well and even though it was a very weak British Final field it provided a lot of entertainment so well done to all.

Ref spoilt it a bit by excluding King and then being inconsistent but that's speedway.

Great SKY coverage and two excellent commentators and even the mad woman in the pits was bearable and she even asked some sensible questions for a change.

• Like 1

When Woffy was at BV he signed every autograph asked for, and agreed to every picture, smiled all the time and nothing was too much trouble. Sorry, in my book he is a top bloke

Exactly the same applies to Ben Barker, but we still had some morons booing him.

British Champion seemed to be the booby prize in Pearson's mind, he talked more about who was going to get the wild card

As did Cook when interviewed afterwards. He made the best of what was served up but if Barker hadn't have been injured I fancy he'd have stayed in 2nd place with Cook 3rd. BV fans will hope this version starts to turn up for their away meetings :wink:

Very disappointing from Bomber. His star is clearly waning, but a dive. In Speedway. No thanks.

I hope we don't see youngsters coming through copying this, because someone will end up getting hurt doing it. Bomber has always had that "rough and tumble" image and bouncing back up. I have felt he has played up to that for a few years. Not nice to see, cut it out of the sport.

Nicki P has done the same several times in the GPs - if I remember rightly he was once excluded for diving but the ref is in a difficult situation as he has to disqualify someone and the slow motion replay doesn't always help. In my view Scott was ahead going down the straight into the bend and did not deviate outwards - what was he supposed to do? Harris however could easily have moved outwards - arms in the air afterwards made it all the more obvious. Shame they couldn't re-run with all four.

To be good Ref, you need to be consistent, be strong and have a certain amount of common sense. Didn't see that last night. In the very first heat he disqualifies King when he was left high and dry, Fair enough if he treats all races the same, but we saw later he thought differently. Kelvin Tatum says too much and makes decisions before the Ref announcement, I'm sure the Ref listened to Tatum judgement before he makes his. That's weak. At times I thought Tatum was the referee.

I very much doubt the ref has the commentary feed on in his booth as that would be silly. He will have the video to look at but certainly would not be listening to Kels comments.

• Like 1

The Nicholls Harris clash was 50-50 for me, it could easily have gone either way. Harris may or may not have gone down a bit easy, but there was a good amount of contact on both bends too.

It would have been unfortunate for either rider to be excluded, especially at that point in the meeting, and on this occasion Scotty was the one to miss out - but I'm sure he's had plenty of decisions go for and against him in the past. Unfortunately it's part of speedway and most sports. I can completely understand his frustration though!

• Like 2