British Speedway Forum

The old 30 yard rule was a good one. Would have stopped this endless jostling.

See above. No such rule. Ever!

you should never get ahead of yourself, you should always remember how you got where you are.

Hancock hasn't got big headed

And Hancock is dull. I hate it when people hold up Hancock as a shining example, YAWN.

What exactly did he do tonight that was big headed. I saw a bit of mischief making, that was funny?

Did I miss something?

What he's done wrong is become World Champion. Instead of embracing the fact, in typical British fashion everyone is out to find mistake after mistake. That is it. He himself has actually done nothing different except take on more responsible

• Like 6

agree about the rules being wrong. stupid to have a rule where one rider must go as sometimes its 50-50

Absolutely agree (about Peterborough). Brilliant track and better facilities by a country mile too :approve:

It seems they need to apply for it though? :

And to avoid any mysterious Health & Safety issues cropping up?

Wow what a final.. Totally disagree with the post earlier about it being long winded. Yes, the final dragged like mad, but it was quiet obvious that no one was giving an inch, every rider was deseperate for the winners medal which is great to see. Superb action all night, the leaderboard changing with every heat, riders outdoing themselves and showing us great hope for the future. Garrity was superb and I really hope he gets a reserve slot at Cardiff.

A few years ago the British final was dead, I now finally think it's on its way back up again. Some good young riders who will push Woffy hard, and others also not there tonight (i.e Kerr/Roynon/Nielsen) who will also give a good account of themselves.

The final certainly did drag out but like I said earlier, not one rider was prepared to give away anything. Pleased for Cookie to get the gp wildcard, he was sharp all night. But inside of me I'd love to of seen Barker in there. Many people don't like him, but I enjoy watching him on a speedway bike. Been great to of seen him up against Nicky!

Final word on Tai, seems to be getting a few haters recently. Maybe he is a touch aggrogant at the moment, but the way he's performing at the minute, and already being world champ, you can understand why. Pleased he's won it again, still obviously means a great deal to him. The whole gardening controversy is being totally blown out the water for me, yes he shouldn't of used the spade but he was soon told to stop.. And In fact didn't even make the gate for the eventual final race!

Think I might even re-watch it again tomorrow night!

• Like 3

And Hancock is dull. I hate it when people hold up Hancock as a shining example, YAWN.

I do find this love in with Hancock amusing. He's the biggest mercenary of them all! He knows how to work it...

He's good at the PR, he knows the schmooze and he draws people in......I can't even imagine what Poole paid for him last season!!

Anyway, moving on it's good to see a ..Erm, can I say Brit getting the wildcard for Cardiff?

Good luck Cookie, well deserved :approve:

Come the revolution, what happens then? :P lol

• Like 1

you should never get ahead of yourself, you should always remember how you got where you are.

Hancock hasn't got big headed

Hancock hasnt got a personality full stop most boring man alive

• Like 2

yp, same mould as jimmy nillsen, bjarne

Few observations.

I believe that Monmore Green is the best race track in the Elite League (I won't be biased and say it's Lakeside - albeit over the past few years, it's the best it's ever been). However, I would have to question why a venue is chosen for such a high-profile event that only has about a third of it's stadium with adequate spectator terracing/viewing? And please don't think I'm knocking Wolverhampton Speedway because I love visiting the place - for a league meeting. But tonight it was so cramped, you had to wait for the person next to you to breathe out, before you could breathe in! And for the couple of people that gave me a dirty look, I was within my rights to spark up a fag - and can't help the way that the wind suddenly blows. To my mind, Brandon is a much better venue for this event.

Good presentation - albeit I'm sure that Dan Holt could have expedited the re-runs just a tad sooner by whacking on the 2 minute warning quicker. And whilst on Dan, had to disagree with his decision to exclude Scotty Nicholls. It was neither guys fault; the incident simply being the result of hard racing. But at the end of the day, Scotty did not knock Bomber off, and actually appeared to actually have his nose in front when Bomber went down. If Bomber had gone down on the 4th bend, then I've no doubt Scott would have been to blame as he did appear to lose his racing line and clatter into him; but by the 1st bend, both riders were simply riding their nuts off.

Disappointed with both of my guys - after an initial Lakeside 5-1, Richard didn't do himself any justice whatsoever tonight, given his form (including aways) to date this season. And after a blistering first two rides, Lewis just seemed to have no compression whatsoever whilst riding around the bends. Lining himself up perfectly, he just seemed to have momentary losses of power. Can't make it out - as apparently, he's got the best engines of his career. Really thought Lewis was going to be the spoiler tonight. Oh well.

Some excellent displays - particularly by Jason Garrity. His win over Tai was one of the most exceptional defensive rides I've seen for a very long time. But also fair play to Charles Wright, who did himself and Somerset proud. Also, well done Ben Barker, who demonstrated some true 'Brit Grit'. Not sure what the messing about with Lewis at the start gate was all about though. I just wish Lewis hadn't have got himself psyched out, because his night was basically finished thereafter. Maybe just a coincidence, but he completely missed the gate in that race - I can only assume because his mind was clearly elsewhere at that moment.

Tai's shenanigans at the gate - caused quite a laugh if I'm honest and added to the entertainment during the downtime. And, to be honest, I can't blame him. After all, if I had a pair of earrings that looked as if they'd been nicked off an Amazonian Brass, I'd be looking to dig a hole to bury them in as well. ;)

And finally, and this isn't anti-Tai because I like the guy. A big well done to Craig Cook who, to my way of thinking, should have been crowned British Champion tonight after his programmed rides. Yet another pathetic, unfair run-off qualification process, simply to placate the G.P. series and Sky - both of which I despise.

• Like 3

But as everyone knows.

He smiles a lot.

And he is very, very old.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

No I don't the fact is Barker and Cook were the 2 highest scoring riders on the night therefore they get to choose what Gate they go off. When Barker and Cook picked there Gate's they did not expect Woffy to rake all of the dirt off there Gate's onto his and then after that he decided to use a shovel to nick all of Harris' dirt and then in a interview say I made 4 perfect starts after being a cheat. FACT FACT FACT.

In my opinion he has come across quite arrogant recently

Selective memory. You admit you talk bull. The post is there for all to read.

As for cheating, what rule did he break?

Suggest you read the rule book (its online so you can) and quote me the rule he broke then you just might have a point.

You are a known Tai hater so no one takes your posts seriously.

• Like 3

Few observations.

I believe that Monmore Green is the best race track in the Elite League (I won't be biased and say it's Lakeside - albeit over the past few years, it's the best it's ever been). However, I would have to question why a venue is chosen for such a high-profile event that only has about a third of it's stadium with adequate spectator terracing/viewing? And please don't think I'm knocking Wolverhampton Speedway because I love visiting the place - for a league meeting. But tonight it was so cramped, you had to wait for the person next to you to breathe out, before you could breathe in! And for the couple of people that gave me a dirty look, I was within my rights to spark up a fag - and can't help the way that the wind suddenly blows. To my mind, Brandon is a much better venue for this event.

Good presentation - albeit I'm sure that Dan Holt could have expedited the re-runs just a tad sooner by whacking on the 2 minute warning quicker. And whilst on Dan, had to disagree with his decision to exclude Scotty Nicholls. It was neither guys fault; the incident simply being the result of hard racing. But at the end of the day, Scotty did not knock Bomber off, and actually appeared to actually have his nose in front when Bomber went down. If Bomber had gone down on the 4th bend, then I've no doubt Scott would have been to blame as he did appear to lose his racing line and clatter into him; but by the 1st bend, both riders were simply riding their nuts off.

Disappointed with both of my guys - after an initial Lakeside 5-1, Richard didn't do himself any justice whatsoever tonight, given his form (including aways) to date this season. And after a blistering first two rides, Lewis just seemed to have no compression whatsoever whilst riding around the bends. Lining himself up perfectly, he just seemed to have momentary losses of power. Can't make it out - as apparently, he's got the best engines of his career. Really thought Lewis was going to be the spoiler tonight. Oh well.

Some excellent displays - particularly by Jason Garrity. His win over Tai was one of the most exceptional defensive rides I've seen for a very long time. But also fair play to Charles Wright, who did himself and Somerset proud. Also, well done Ben Barker, who demonstrated some true 'Brit Grit'. Not sure what the messing about with Lewis at the start gate was all about though. I just wish Lewis hadn't have got himself psyched out, because his night was basically finished thereafter. Maybe just a coincidence, but he completely missed the gate in that race - I can only assume because his mind was clearly elsewhere at that moment.

Tai's shenanigans at the gate - caused quite a laugh if I'm honest and added to the entertainment during the downtime. And, to be honest, I can't blame him. After all, if I had a pair of earrings that looked as if they'd been nicked off an Amazonian Brass, I'd be looking to dig a hole to bury them in as well. ;)

And finally, and this isn't anti-Tai because I like the guy. A big well done to Craig Cook who, to my way of thinking, should have been crowned British Champion tonight after his programmed rides. Yet another pathetic, unfair run-off qualification process, simply to placate the G.P. series and Sky - both of which I despise.

There is some suggestion that the little shovel is the Greyhound poop scoop lol :D Edited by Jacques

Can't believe people are debating about Greg Hancock! What has he got to do with the British final? Nothing!

• Like 1

Jest or no jest.... Tai should not have interfered with other riders gates, that's what the lines are for..... Shovelling shale from gate 4 to his gate was naughty, and wrong, people will say he took it from the fence, but some riders stick their back wheels there....!!

Plain and simply wrong.

• Like 2