British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Trouble is i doubt anyone would say costs didn't need to be cut.If they got rid of all the best riders then people would be saying "I'm not going to watch that rubbish" If they upped prices people would say "I'm not paying that much to watch that rubbish".Not sure what alternative they really have apart from just forgetting no 6 + 7 and following the Danish style and just having 5 rider teams.Maybe 6 rider with one youngster?Of course it is cutting costs,but the hope is that it will build a decent group of homegrown youngsters and that would surely benefit the sport in the long run

I don't see the idea as a negative step,just hope it doesn't end up in a farcical meltdown and they have to change the rule

I purchase Heinz tomato ketchup from the shop every week. I don't buy the own brand ketchup. I can't afford to get all of my shopping brand label but there are one or two products that I particuarly enjoy and I like to spend a little extra on. If Heinz came out tomorrow and said "Business isn't doing so well at the moment, so we are going to use lower quality ingredients to save costs. The flavour won't be as good, but there will be more of it" then I would no longer spend my money on Heinz tomato ketchup!

Some supporters on here, particuarly the more outspoken members, seem to believe that we owe the sport, and that we should attend in times of good and bad, in a way that is true, but when the product has been drastically altered then that's not the case and as a consumer you should not accept a lower standard of product or you allow it to become a precedent.

I am not saying that promoters should run themselves in to the ground maintaining a league they cannot afford, I'm telling them they need to open their eyes and look outside of the speedway box. Watch how the world around you conducts their business and learn a thing or two about modern day marketing and the power of social media.

Edited by Synikalle
  • Like 8

I purchase Heinz tomato ketchup from the shop every week. I don't buy the own brand ketchup. I can't afford to get all of my shopping brand label but there are one or two products that I particuarly enjoy and I like to spend a little extra on. If Heinz came out tomorrow and said "Business isn't doing so well at the moment, so we are going to use lower quality ingredients to save costs. The flavour won't be as good, but there will be more of it" then I would no longer spend my money on Heinz tomato ketchup!

Some supporters on here, particuarly the more outspoken members, seem to believe that we owe the sport, and that we should attend in times of good and bad, in a way that is true, but when the product has been drastically altered then that's not the case and as a consumer you should not accept a lower standard of product or you allow it to become a precedent.

I am not saying that promoters should run themselves in to the ground maintaining a league they cannot afford, I'm telling them they need to open their eyes and look outside of the speedway box. Watch how the world around you conducts their business and learn a thing or two about modern day marketing and the power of social media.

Saucy :)

Is no-one paying any attention!

The 6 & 7 will have TWO programmed rides only; both against the opposing team's 6 & 7...

How is that so many can't grasp this..?!

Doh!

speedway promoters are soo reliable on sky, and scared of losing them......

just do your jobs properly and PROMOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what does Ipswich speedway do to promote it in the area?.......

I promote shows, I walk streets putting flyers in EVERY door, I hit the whole area. yes it takes time, but

advertising your product need to be seen.........Louis" will soon get bucket out again when needed

He won't be a reserve rider will he, too good!

He will be second string though and if the reserves are going to race each other twice I would imagine their other two will be againt second string riders.

Is no-one paying any attention!

The 6 & 7 will have TWO programmed rides only; both against the opposing team's 6 & 7...

How is that so many can't grasp this..?!

and they will learn what from that and who has the other two rides the reserves had last season ?

He will be second string though and if the reserves are going to race each other twice I would imagine their other two will be againt second string riders.and they will learn what from that and who has the other two rides the reserves had last season ?

See what u mean . . . . I'll live in hope that the young Brits will come on in leaps and bounds through the new system so good for all :-)

See what u mean . . . . I'll live in hope that the young Brits will come on in leaps and bounds through the new system so good for all :-)

I hope so too - so long as they don't lose confidence after taking regular hidings from Elite League second strings.

They will certainly find out how far they have to go to become Top League Riders.

...and if the reserves are going to race each other twice I would imagine their other two will be againt second string riders.

The BSPA statement says they (the two 'NL' reserves) will only have TWO programmed rides NOT four!!

The BSPA statement says they (the two 'NL' reserves) will only have TWO programmed rides NOT four!!

No it doesn't.

Perhaps you could quote where you think you have read this.

If Heinz came out tomorrow and said "Business isn't doing so well at the moment, so we are going to use lower quality ingredients to save costs. The flavour won't be as good, but there will be more of it" then I would no longer spend my money on Heinz tomato ketchup!

Not really very comparable.

I doubt even in the worst times that Heinz is losing money on every bottle they produce, so can afford to maintain quality.

I also doubt you spend 15 quid a week on premium ketchup.

That statement does not say that and others are indicating they have two rides against the opposition reserves, then 2 against the opposition second strings, which would give them 4 rides, the same number of races as reserves have now in a 15 heat meeting. Unless they change the number of heats in a meeting each rider has 4 rides and 2 have 5.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I Read the statement 3 or 4 times and can't see where it says that ...can you copy paste and put it on here and highlight where it says that .many thanks

• Like 1