British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Confirmed Signings 2014

So u wont go every week becausse its watered down, but you would have gone every week if there were no stars but stronger reserves? Do u really think with no gp riders admission would have come down?

There are only Ward, Woffinden, Iversen,( that are real stars) anyway so that wouldn't of been that much of a loss.My take on it that there should of been a longterm plan, proper research done on what is really needed to steady the ship.But this new rule has been rushed through we still don't no fully how it will work do we.Do you think people will pick and choose meetings because of the admission? i do personally because dress it up as much as you like it is now an inferior product as a whole than it even was last year.

There are only Ward, Woffinden, Iversen,( that are real stars) anyway so that wouldn't of been that much of a loss.My take on it that there should of been a longterm plan, proper research done on what is really needed to steady the ship.But this new rule has been rushed through we still don't no fully how it will work do we.Do you think people will pick and choose meetings because of the admission? i do personally because dress it up as much as you like it is now an inferior product as a whole than it even was last year.

So you don't think M Zagar is a class act?, personally I think having 2 young N.L. British riders at reserve can only benefit British speedways long term plan, after all it done no harm in Poland. Looking at the way teams are panning out for this season I recon we are in for a more evenly matched EL where more than 1 or 2 teams standing any chance of winning it.

Bring it on. :t:

• Like 3

So if attendances are all about the world star riders how come 2 tracks with some of biggest crowds in country have been Dudley in NL and Leicester in PL?

• Like 2

There are only Ward, Woffinden, Iversen,( that are real stars) anyway so that wouldn't of been that much of a loss.My take on it that there should of been a longterm plan, proper research done on what is really needed to steady the ship.But this new rule has been rushed through we still don't no fully how it will work do we.Do you think people will pick and choose meetings because of the admission? i do personally because dress it up as much as you like it is now an inferior product as a whole than it even

was last year.

Clearly what has been produced is not a perfect solution. But tbf, the two main things people seemed to want were more meetings and more brits, and this gives both. People seem to acknowledge cost cutting was needed to make things viable, but then gripe about prices not being reduced, ehich would have wiped out any brnrfit of cost cutting.

You say you wouldnt miss tai, wsrd, nki, zagar or bjerre but... who do u really think you will miss out of the riders forced out by tbe changes?

I think they should have also added a ten per cent reduction fot british riders, this would likely have been enough to ensure the likes of auty secured a team berth.

Thinking back to the 80s when the mandstory junior rule came in, the msin impact was fircing down to the nl vetrrans who were now only 3rd hest leaders/second strings ( l collins kennet jessup etc) as well as plenty of decent second strings/reserves ( likes of l carr, courtney and a host of others).

Anyway, this is probably the erong thread gor yhis debate anyway, but in summary I reckon far less people will stay away under this format than if they had ditched the stars.

• Like 1

Clearly what has been produced is not a perfect solution. But tbf, the two main things people seemed to want were more meetings and more brits, and this gives both. People seem to acknowledge cost cutting was needed to make things viable, but then gripe about prices not being reduced, ehich would have wiped out any brnrfit of cost cutting.

You say you wouldnt miss tai, wsrd, nki, zagar or bjerre but... who do u really think you will miss out of the riders forced out by tbe changes?

I think they should have also added a ten per cent reduction fot british riders, this would likely have been enough to ensure the likes of auty secured a team berth.

Thinking back to the 80s when the mandstory junior rule came in, the msin impact was fircing down to the nl vetrrans who were now only 3rd hest leaders/second strings ( l collins kennet jessup etc) as well as plenty of decent second strings/reserves ( likes of l carr, courtney and a host of others).

Anyway, this is probably the erong thread gor yhis debate anyway, but in summary I reckon far less people will stay away under this format than if they had ditched the stars.

Blimey, mate you are all thingers and fumbs this morning!

Piotr pawlicki 7.00 and ricky wells 5.35 confirmed for wolves

So you don't think M Zagar is a class act?, personally I think having 2 young N.L. British riders at reserve can only benefit British speedways long term plan, after all it done no harm in Poland. Looking at the way teams are panning out for this season I recon we are in for a more evenly matched EL where more than 1 or 2 teams standing any chance of winning it.

Bring itn. :t:

I'm one of only a few on here that agree with your sentiments hyderd.

• Like 1

Tai Woffinden has a 9.20 average and Kim NILSSON has a 5.18 average

Averages you MAY need soon are Adam Skornicki 6.14, Nicolai Klindt 4.24, Pontus Aspgren 4.04 and Lukas Dryml 5.71

• Like 1

because in the list on page one, Tai and Kim had their averages missing, so postd what the missing figures were. ;)

because in the list on page one, Tai and Kim had their averages missing, so postd what the missing figures were. ;)

was busy with my sisters wedding so only managed to do half a job lol. x

was also reported on radio 5 live, so good bit of publicity for the sport .

and the daily Mirror.

And in the sport headlines on TALKSPORT