British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

Todd came in on a 3 and also had a small stint in the NL when he first came over, yes they are brothers and have an English grandparent I believe.

Thanks for that. Then that makes a difference.

Wonder why he wasn't on the draft list then, unless he is chosen to stay an Aussie.

Bit odd tho all the same.

Because he hasn't come through the NL perhaps?

Brayd Kurtz should not be a PL 3 though. To get a PL 3 point average you have to have come through the NL. Brady has never ridden NL, thus he is therefor a commonwealth rider and comes in on a 5 at least.

Brady Kurtz should not be a PL 3 though. To get a PL 3 point average you have to have come through the NL. Brady has never ridden NL, thus he is therefor a commonwealth rider and comes in on a 5 at least.

I agree.

Have you emailed the BSPA offices to tell them?

Thanks for that. Then that makes a difference.

Wonder why he wasn't on the draft list then, unless he is chosen to stay an Aussie.

Bit odd tho all the same.

Well he has won Aussie titles already!

tbh I can't see how they can successfully get him into the draft list what so ever… more chance of him doing a Lambert and getting named in a 1-5, just my opinion. Even if a miracle happened and he was on the list would he be happy on that points money? unless of course he is given a "deal"

Edited by justspeedway

Because he hasn't come through the NL perhaps?

In which case he can only be listed in an EL 1-5 if that's the case. And its plain wrong he is on a 3 if he isn't doing the NL.

Well he has won Aussie titles already!

tbh I can't see how they can successfully get him into the draft list what so ever… more chance of him doing a Lambert and getting named in a 1-5, just my opinion. Even if a miracle happened and he was on the list would he be happy on that points money? unless of course he is given a "deal"

So he clearly wants to be an Aussie, so an assessed 5 it should be for PL.

• Like 2

In which case he can only be listed in an EL 1-5 if that's the case. And its plain wrong he is on a 3 if he isn't doing the NL.

So he clearly wants to be an Aussie, so an assessed 5 it should be for PL.

I honestly don't know what the process is though when you have an english relative and what this entitles you too, it has been a loophole in the PL for a while now when Aussies with a close english relative can come in on a lower average, and it looks at present that this ruling hasn't been changed.. In regards to the draft I thought (could be wrong) that at some stage the riders on the draft must have been in the NL and he obviously wouldn't have been. I should imagine he will have a contract somewhere abroad again also.

• Like 1

So when reserve riders from the draft get injured, who will replace them??.... It will be a NL rider surely?? Kurtz is obviously eligible for NL if he's deemed a Brit with a 3 point ave??

So when reserve riders from the draft get injured, who will replace them??.... It will be a NL rider surely?? Kurtz is obviously eligible for NL if he's deemed a Brit with a 3 point ave??

It should be any rider on the list of Brits who has a lower average.

Except he can't if the 2013 regulations are retained. He shouldn't be eligible anywhere in the 1-7 if we follow last years regulations plus the 2014 reserve regulations as far as we know them. Just wonder if he'll fall into the reserve 'guest list' and appear that way. Loopholes you see !!!

As an assessed PL rider he isn't eligible for the EL (see Jon Cook's mistake with Adam Ellis last May).

Whether they will be updated due to some EL reserves being technically in breach of that regulation is a different matter.

Edited by 500cc

It's supposed to be someone from the list, which is extended to 30 names, anyone who would have been on the original first pick list can only replace a first pick rider. So you can't fiddle it (even if you are Poole).
  • Like 1

It's supposed to be someone from the list, which is extended to 30 names, anyone who would have been on the original first pick list can only replace a first pick rider. So you can't fiddle it (even if you are Poole).

This is the point I have made a couple of times.

Strength of control over the list is key.

• Like 2

Have you link to this mate??

Except he can't if the 2013 regulations are retained. He shouldn't be eligible anywhere in the 1-7 if we follow last years regulations plus the 2014 reserve regulations as far as we know them. Just wonder if he'll fall into the reserve 'guest list' and appear that way. Loopholes you see !!!

As an assessed PL rider he isn't eligible for the EL (see Jon Cook's mistake with Adam Ellis last May).

Whether they will be updated due to some EL reserves being technically in breach of that regulation is a different matter.

SR 17.2.1
Riders new to EL / PL racing are categorised as follows:
Cat 1: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish
Ekstraliga or the Swedish Elitserien of above 6.00 points and a Rider subject to a
Certificate of Sponsorship
Cat 2: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish
Ekstraliga or Swedish Elitserien of 6.00 and below plus ALL other Riders riding
currently in any Professional Speedway League,
Cat 3: Riders not riding in a Professional Speedway League (not Cat 4)
Cat 4: Commonwealth and USA (to a maximum of 4 each season) Riders new to British
Speedway
Cat 5: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur
17.2.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the EL /PL racing is:
FIM Grand Prix Rider EL as SR 17.2.3 PL not permitted
Cat 1 EL as SR 17.2.3 PL 8.00
Cat 2 EL as SR 17.2.3 PL 7.00
Cat 3 (not needing GBE Sponsorship) EL 3.00 PL 5.00
Cat 3 (needing GBE Sponsorship) EL 4.00 PL 8.00
Cat 4 EL 3.00 PL 5.00
Cat 5 EL 3.00 PL 3.00
Edited for formatting
Edited by NeilWatson