British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

This may already have been answered but if we let Kerr and Rose ride elsewhere can we claim a loan fee for that????

Somebody has suggested that number eights will be on duty for meetings also.....if this is the case they should be the only rider able to replace the number seven rider if need be, not fair if a team has a Newman, Kerr or Garrity and they get an extra ride in every meeting at the expense of their weaker partner while other teams have two medium strength reserves.

No way will that happen & Newman & others will clean up.

Number 8 rider's are standby replacement for a missing rider and are the lowest ranked of the three.

Screamer - Lewis Rose is not an asset and is free to join whichever club picks him

Had a few answers given me last night about certain rules but still remain to be convinced this is the right way to go for the long term future.

It appears the reserves will not get an average through the year that will come into effect. They will remain as a ranked rider and the onlyaverage that will be used the following season is their Premier League average converted.

Hopefully when the list of standby riders is published, they will then work on a list or ranking of riders not in the original lists like Charles Wright etc so that if mid season a team needs to replace a rider, a decent replacement can be bought in.

Number 8 rider's are standby replacement for a missing rider and are the lowest ranked of the three.

Screamer - Lewis Rose is not an asset and is free to join whichever club picks him

Why is Rose not a Lynn asset? He must have ridden enough Young Stars matches to become one.

Why is Rose not a Lynn asset? He must have ridden enough Young Stars matches to become one.

Has never signed a full contract in the PL or EL so therefore isn't an asset.

Ludvig Lindgren rode a number of meetings for Wolves before Brummies signed him on a full contract.

Edited by T.N.T.

I am sure the rules were changed to allow NL clubs to claim riders as assets a few years back? Didn't Max Clegg recently sign for Dudley when he had turned 16, and I thought Kyle Howarth was a Poole asset through riding for Bournemouth in the NL?

• Like 1

Has never signed a full contract in the PL or EL so therefore isn't an asset.

Ludvig Lindgren rode a number of meetings for Wolves before Brummies signed him on a full contract.

Adam Ellis has never signed a PL or EL contract with Lakeside but is an asset because he signed for the club - surely the same applies to Rose at Lynn.
  • Like 1

Adam Ellis has never signed a PL or EL contract with Lakeside but is an asset because he signed for the club - surely the same applies to Rose at Lynn.

Adam signed for lakeside in sept 2012

• Like 1

Lewis Rose 100% is a King's Lynn asset. Baggy is right that NL clubs have assets that is the reason we went NL, to produce our own.

What makes you think Rose isn't a King's Lynn rider???

Josh Bailey signed as a full club asset last season. Never riden PL/EL

Lewis Kerr is a full club asset and that was before riding PL/EL.

Explain yourselves!?!?!?!?!

Lewis Rose 100% is a King's Lynn asset. Baggy is right that NL clubs have assets that is the reason we went NL, to produce our own.

Explain yourselves!?!?!?!?!/

What is the point of a rider signing as an asset?

I have never worked out whether a rider can refuse to be an asset for a club. Seems to me that by riding for a club for a short period the club is claiming the rider as an asset.

As is seen in the current Kyle Howarth controversy, it is the fact that he is an asset that is causing the problems. So what does a rider gain? Does he receive a signing-on fee for example?

There must be something in it for the rider for all of this to make sense (that's before you get into the whole discussion about the legality of such a system in its current form).

Explain yourselves!?!?!?!?!

If he was a Kings Lynn asset, then surely in the draft list it would be pointed out that KL own him and have a choice of using him as their first pick instead of Kerr.

As he isn't listed as having an EL parent club like Kerr, Morris, Newman and Ellis then he is available to any club hat decides to take him on and Kings Lynn don't have a say in it. That would seem to point out that he never signed on as an asset but merely a temporary contract to ride for that season.

Maybe he is an asset but Kings Lynn have declared they only want protection on Kerr to ensure he rides for them.

If he was a Kings Lynn asset, then surely in the draft list it would be pointed out that KL own him and have a choice of using him as their first pick instead of Kerr.

As he isn't listed as having an EL parent club like Kerr, Morris, Newman and Ellis then he is available to any club hat decides to take him on and Kings Lynn don't have a say in it. That would seem to point out that he never signed on as an asset but merely a temporary contract to ride for that season.

Maybe he is an asset but Kings Lynn have declared they only want protection on Kerr to ensure he rides for them.

Now I see where you've gone wrong. The protected assets are only available from the top 10 riders Which Rose isn't. All the riders not protected have to ride where picked. A number of the riders on the list are assets of other clubs. NL clubs too

Now I see where you've gone wrong. The protected assets are only available from the top 10 riders Which Rose isn't. All the riders not protected have to ride where picked. A number of the riders on the list are assets of other clubs. NL clubs too

I believe they make the rules up as they go along. This whole scenario takes away all the positives that teams like Lynn do for the sport and distributes all their good work between other teams who quite frankly have done nothing.

Had a few answers given me last night about certain rules but still remain to be convinced this is the right way to go for the long term future.( ME TOO)

It appears the reserves will not get an average through the year that will come into effect. They will remain as a ranked rider and the only average that will be used the following season is their Premier League average converted.

Hopefully when the list of standby riders is published, they will then work on a list or ranking of riders not in the original lists like Charles Wright etc so that if mid season a team needs to replace a rider, a decent replacement can be bought in.

This is a classic. Now the RESERVE riders are going to race for a year in the EL and not get a an average. How bizarre is that.

What will happen next year? Will they be able to be reserves again in 2015, 2016 and 2017 ?

All these issues are being created by the implementation of a doctored heats and weakened opposition. There are only a handful of class riders in our league and to change league structure on the pretence of protecting inexperienced riders is beyond belief. Talk about a can of worms!!!!!

• Like 1

I believe they make the rules up as they go along. This whole scenario takes away all the positives that teams like Lynn do for the sport and distributes all their good work between other teams who quite frankly have done nothing.

This is a classic. Now the RESERVE riders are going to race for a year in the EL and not get a an average. How bizarre is that.

What will happen next year? Will they be able to be reserves again in 2015, 2016 and 2017 ?

All these issues are being created by the implementation of a doctored heats and weakened opposition. There are only a handful of class riders in our league and to change league structure on the pretence of protecting inexperienced riders is beyond belief. Talk about a can of worms!!!!!

This is a sham rule change for a sham league. But I'm fairly confident that someone with connections to the co-promoter at Lakeside will have something to say about it. I just wonder if it all goes wrong who will hold their hands up to admit it was their cock-up? My guess would be the Elite League who are driving this will find away to blame the PL or the guys who got lumbered doing the draft!

Apologies everyone always blames the BSPA, don't they?

Edited by Elephantman