British Speedway Forum
bruno

Tai Woffinden At Bike Show At Nec

Hang on a minute, though, this was publicised in MCN.

Did you expect it to have a double page spread in Woman's Weekly?

No mention in the Speedway Star, though............hmmmm!!

Tai Woffinden is the new World Champion and he is British.

Would you not expect "speedway journalists" to be following him writing about him and publicising his events?

If speedway has not been featured in the NEC show in the past, all the more reason for it to be publicised in the SS this year, surely??

It is publicised in the SS. Page 36, Bonus Points.

Speedway Star exonerated then? Obviously someone is not readig their copy as carefully as they should?

Speedway Star exonerated then? Obviously someone is not readig their copy as carefully as they should?

You and me both, obviously!!

So what if it's not in the Speedway Star. We all know about Woffy who he is, what he's done. It's non-speedway people who need to know about him and it seems they're doing a good job of letting people know who he is in that respect.

It's no fecking good preaching to the converted. I never understand why speedway promoters advertise in the Speedway Star!

So what if it's not in the Speedway Star. We all know about Woffy who he is, what he's done. It's non-speedway people who need to know about him and it seems they're doing a good job of letting people know who he is in that respect.

It's no fecking good preaching to the converted. I never understand why speedway promoters advertise in the Speedway Star!

Perhaps because promoters recognise it as being the only mainstream coverage of speedway and need to have information on other venues besides their own. For example, readers from Lakeside may well know the information carried about their own track but not what's happening at other tracks, abroad, and even on grass tracks.

What do you think would happen if there was no 'Speedway Star'?

And on that point, a huge well done to Coventry for taking a stand at the event. A brief article is on the Bees website on http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.2523

I suspect that stands like this do not come cheap but this is precisely the sort of event speedway promotions should be involved in.

Lets hope it pays off.

• Like 2

There is a 'Motorcycle Show, Birmingham' highlights programme on the Eurosport channels several times tonight. Likely to be repeated on other days too i presume. So who's volunteering to sit through it and let us know if Tai, the sport or his bike is featured or glimpsed!

Actually having just visited the link from G the Bee, Tai is given prominence on the site and is scheduled to be on the stage etc so hopefully the chances of him being seen on the programme are quite reasonable.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Well done on the Bees promotion for promoting our club. Many people there will be from the Coventry/warwickshire area so hopefully it will attract new fans to Brandon.

• Like 1

Watched the Motorcycle live programme on Eurosport and Tai really only appeared a couple of times, albeit fleetingly, but got a decent mention from James Whitham at the end when the presenters were discussing their show highlights.

He does however appear in a film called "Behind Bars" which is showing in a "cinema" at the NEC which follows round the likes of Tai, Tom Sykes, the Lowes twins etc as they prefer for their respective world championships.

http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/feature/behind-bars-bike-theatre/

I`ve just been reading some tweets on the subject of the bike show and I must say the people at Coventry, ( the Randles especially ) deserve a lot of credit for organising a stand at this event because they are not solely there for the good of Coventry Bees but for the good of the sport in general apparently handing out flyers with ALL league clubs listed on it along with a video screen showing racing...I was amazed to read that the BSPA have not shown any interest in this event, By the sound of it the stand is getting a lot of interesting visitors so again well done to the people at Coventry....

• Like 2

I`ve just been reading some tweets on the subject of the bike show and I must say the people at Coventry, ( the Randles especially ) deserve a lot of credit for organising a stand at this event because they are not solely there for the good of Coventry Bees but for the good of the sport in general apparently handing out flyers with ALL league clubs listed on it along with a video screen showing racing...I was amazed to read that the BSPA have not shown any interest in this event, By the sound of it the stand is getting a lot of interesting visitors so again well done to the people at Coventry....

In recent years along with several neighbours I have attended an annual motorsport show at Crystal Palace. We look and admire the cars, some of them on show for racing. But none of us ever go to a main stream motorsport event. I wonder just how many of the admirers at the NEC Bike Show will attend speedway meetings in 2014?

In recent years along with several neighbours I have attended an annual motorsport show at Crystal Palace. We look and admire the cars, some of them on show for racing. But none of us ever go to a main stream motorsport event. I wonder just how many of the admirers at the NEC Bike Show will attend speedway meetings in 2014?

Well, I'd say that if they were motorcycle sport fans, they'd initially watch Eurosport's SGP coverage before taking the plunge at their local track if they fancied it live. In most cases though, they'd be in for a bit of a culture shock, don't you think? Could see a few new faces at Cardiff though, maybe.

Eurosport gave the sport a good go this year, IMO and I think speedway is in good hands with them. Tai is a marketable asset and I think they'll use him more to publicise next year's coverage. It would be nice to see him appear at BSB/WSB events at some stage, a bit of "cross pollenation" so to speak, if his Polish commitments allow.