British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

More likely Pawlicki to average over 8, Miedzinski had to stop riding here, Poole had no choice.

Well know about the Miedzinski farce.

Predicting team changes already? Before the heat format and rider positioning have been confirmed? You guys are good!

Any chance one of you could point me in the direction of 6 lucky numbers for Saturday night's lottery!?!?

It is good fun though...

DEPENDING on the heat format, it could mean second strings racing against reserves and could result in a scenario for Lynn where......

.....Whilst Rory maintains his 7 average, Porsing up's his average to over 5 by beating EL reserves with ease. Then, heading into the play-offs, and with with his other league commitments simmering down we could bring in Nicki P and a 4 pointer as replacements to form arguably the most power packed top 3 the EL has ever seen in : )

A team can NOT replace 7 and 5 point riders for a 9 and a 3 rider unless they are still under the points limit. If they are over the 32 limit then they must replace riders like for like ..... ie another7 and another 5 point rider.

PS; 1, 2, 4, 21, 45, 49 ;)

The example I have used is for a Kings Lynn vs Coventry meeting, line ups are in average order

Hope you can understand the format, please feel free to give me your opinions on this :)

1. Niels K Iversen. 1. Hans Andersen.

2. Kenneth Bjerre. 2. Chris Harris.

3. Rory Schlien. 3. Kenneth Hansen.

4. Nicklas Posing. 4. Ryan Fisher.

5. Robert Lambert. 5. Kyle Howarth.

6. Lewis Kerr 6. Jason Garrity

7. Lewis Rose 7. James Sarjeant

Heat 1 NKI Bjerre Andersen Harris

Heat 2 Schlien Porsing Hansen Fisher

Heat 3 Kerr Rose Garrity Sarjeant

Heat 4 Lambert NKI Howarth Andersen

Heat 5 Bjerre Schlien Harris Hansen

Heat 6 Porsing Lambert Fisher Howarth

Heat 7 Kerr Rose Garrity Sarjaent

Heat 8 NKI Schlien Andersen Hansen

Heat 9 Bjerre Porsing Harris Fisher

Heat 10 Lambert Kerr Howarth Garrity

Heat 11 NKI Porsing Andersen Fisher

Heat 12 Lambert Rose Howarth Sarjaent

Heat 13 Bjerre Schlien Harris Hansen

Heat 14 Kerr Rose Garrity Sarjaent

Heat 15 Nominated Race

• Like 1

The example I have used is for a Kings Lynn vs Coventry meeting, line ups are in average order

Hope you can understand the format, please feel free to give me your opinions on this :)

According to Graham Drury (November 2013?) your three heatleaders have to be at No's 1,3 and 5, although not neccesarily in average order, similarly your second strings can be at number 2 or 4.

• Like 1

Heat 1 NKI Bjerre Andersen Harris

Heat 2 Schlien Porsing Hansen Fisher

Heat 3 Kerr Rose Garrity Sarjeant

Heat 4 Lambert NKI Howarth Andersen

Heat 5 Bjerre Schlien Harris Hansen

Heat 6 Porsing Lambert Fisher Howarth

Heat 7 Kerr Rose Garrity Sarjaent

Heat 8 NKI Schlien Andersen Hansen

Heat 9 Bjerre Porsing Harris Fisher

Heat 10 Lambert Kerr Howarth Garrity

Heat 11 NKI Porsing Andersen Fisher

Heat 12 Lambert Rose Howarth Sarjaent

Heat 13 Bjerre Schlien Harris Hansen

Heat 14 Kerr Rose Garrity Sarjaent

Heat 15 Nominated Race

According to Graham Drury (November 2013?) your three heatleaders have to be at No's 1,3 and 5, although not neccesarily in average order, similarly your second strings can be at number 2 or 4.

Agreed, that's already been confirmed so race format is way off.

Why don't people just wait until its released?

• Like 1

In my case just trying to point out the scale of the problem and a possible way to deal with it in a structured way. Just trying to help people understand the implications of it all.

Since we've been assured reserves will not ride against heat leaders, I'm more interested in knowing how injured (during the meeting) heat leaders will be replaced and the changes to the R/R rule for covering 3rd, 4th and 5th averaged riders..

In my case just trying to point out the scale of the problem and a possible way to deal with it in a structured way. Just trying to help people understand the implications of it all.

I appreciate you explaining the problems that are being encountered, but to me they were always going to be issues implementing a protected race format. I understand the idea of not wanting Draft Riders racing against the top riders, but the alternative creates so many problems. By including two drafts riders into the reserve berth, the teams are now split into 2 sections that aren't allowed to ride against each other. Crazy

Since we've been assured reserves will not ride against heat leaders, I'm more interested in knowing how injured (during the meeting) heat leaders will be replaced and the changes to the R/R rule for covering 3rd, 4th and 5th averaged riders..

Just a few of the issues that will need to be addressed. The biggest problems we have encountered in recent years is the R/R , Guests and Double uppers . It seems this year we will have a even worst problem.

I think this option was one of the best I seen. Ok the riders are in the wrong numbered position, but that is easy altered.

It's so obvious APT has positioned his riders in CMA order, whereas they should've been in 1,3,5. But the idea of who rides with who is good.

• Like 1

I posted this on a different thread, but perhaps it is most relavent here

waihekeaces1, on 30 Jan 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:

If the format is as expected (i.e. reservces entirely protected from heat leaders) then I would expect roughly the following for the “average” rider in each position, expecting a variance of +/- 2 points depending on individual. I’ve given an expected average for each position, and in brackets approximate “starting” average.

Number 1: 6 out of 8 points against heat leaders, 4 out of 4 against second strings, two points from heat 15. Expected Average 9.6 (starting 8.30)

Number 2: 4 out of 4 points against heat leaders, 3 out of 4 against second strings, one point from heat 15: Average 6.4 (starting 7.3)

Number 3: 2 out of 4 points against heat leaders, 3 out of 4 against second strings: Average 5.0 (6.4)

Second strings: 0.75 points out of 4 against heat leaders, 2 out of 4 against second strings, 3.5 out of 4 against reserves: Average 6.25 (4.75)

Reserves: 0.5 out of 4 against second strings, 4 out of eight against reserves: Average 4.25 (2?)

High level assumptions, but not too far off the mark I wouldn’t think? Essentially a three point swing in difficulty between being a third heat leader and second string (i.e. expect thrid heat leader to drop 1.5 from their old average, and second strings to gain the same). This will be most marked for riders coming in on an “assessed” average, as the impact will be immediate rather than gradual under rolling averages.

As others have stated, come end of the season there will be an issue with averages not being "like for like". But if you start adjusting for second strings having easier heats, how do you deal with riders ho spent half the season as a second string and half as a heatleader. If you start adjusting for that, do you also need to adjust for riders racing in the tougher heat 15? How will reserves averages be converted for next year, and will the draft reserve system be in place again - and if so, would a rider like Garritty who may average 8 this year become inelgible, and if so what is the cut off for this?

The more I look at this, the more I think KL, and to a lesser extent BV and Poole, have got the right set up for the team, with three genuine heat leaders, and two compettive but low averages second strings (orrall the exception).

I also think its imperative that any rebuilding during the season be based on 2013 closing greensheets, otherwise it could become farcical.

• Like 1

Now Sky have confirmed a 5 years deal, perhaps we will now find out what format we will be watching!!

Now Sky have confirmed a 5 years deal, perhaps we will now find out what format we will be watching!!

...and how many fixture changes there will now be???

Ok Steve alter the riding order so it fits with whats been agreed who will race where, but thats not really the point I was trying to make, its the 15 race format and who rides with who, keeping reserves away from 2nd strings etc that I was trying to highlight as, some others who I have shwn on different social media sites have agreed, that it's the best heat line ups they have seen so far.

Ok Steve alter the riding order so it fits with whats been agreed who will race where, but thats not really the point I was trying to make, its the 15 race format and who rides with who, keeping reserves away from 2nd strings etc that I was trying to highlight as, some others who I have shwn on different social media sites have agreed, that it's the best heat line ups they have seen so far.

Fair play to anyone that wants theorize what the format may look like and how difficult it looks like it may be, think we all know that to be honest.

It makes little difference what looks like the best format at this stage. The only one that counts will be the official one WHEN its confirmed!

• Like 1

Swap riders 2 and 5 in the team line ups then. FFS its not hard.