British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

For the umpteenth time, it's not the format that has been the concern - but you choose to ignore whilst trying to be smart. Watch this space.

The title of this thread is:

"When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?"

So if that is not your concern, you're on the wrong thread!!

• Like 2

Emailed BSPA (office@speedwaygb.co and pressoffice@speedwaygb.co) and waiting for reply. Hopefully they will be able to help soon. ;)

I admire an optimist! :wink:

• Like 1

I admire an optimist! :wink:

Why? whats wrong with his eye sight?

Unlike the last couple of years a teams number one can ride at either 1, 3, or 5. This is a definite. So Poole could stick Darcy at 5 as that is the hardest position in the team. However the team positions could become fluid throughout the season depending on which team we are meeting and their lineup positions.

Unlike the last couple of years a teams number one can ride at either 1, 3, or 5. This is a definite. So Poole could stick Darcy at 5 as that is the hardest position in the team. However the team positions could become fluid throughout the season depending on which team we are meeting and their lineup positions.

Pretty sure Poole will only know how the other team are lining up when they are away-the home team I think have to declare riding order first.

Something that is very welcome to my mind as it will actually give team managers something to think about.

Opportunities to make a difference in recent times have been limited and perhaps required little thought eg shall I put my No1 on a double against a weaker pair.

Pretty sure Poole will only know how the other team are lining up when they are away-the home team I think have to declare riding order first.

It would be better if both teams had to declare at the same time, then one or two changes in expected line up may spice the meeting up.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

As its been debated so much already can you quote me where it clearly states that number ones can ride in either of the 3 positions. Not a definite.

As its been debated so much already can you quote me where it clearly states that number ones can ride in either of the 3 positions. Not a definite.

In the original BSPA release, http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23876, it quite clearly says:

Top three riders by MA ride at No.1, No.3 or No.5

4th and 5th riders by MA ride at No.2 or No.4

Fast-track draft riders ride at No.6 or No.7

The key word being "or".

Edited by Had Enough

In the original BSPA release, http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23876, it quite clearly says:

Top three riders by MA ride at No.1, No.3 or No.5

4th and 5th riders by MA ride at No.2 or No.4

Fast-track draft riders ride at No.6 or No.7

The key word being "or".

Thanks, was looking for that.

Or is indeed the key word.

• Like 1

In heat 8 the away number 3 rides in yellow with the away number 2 in white. This is the only time that the better rider is given what has traditionally been regarded as the lesser rider's colour. Is there a reason for this. Is it perhaps to make more sense of the gating positions?

Edited by barrow boy

In heat 8 the away number 3 rides in yellow with the away number 2 in white. This is the only time that the better rider is given what has traditionally been regarded as the lesser rider's colour. Is there a reason for this. Is it perhaps to make more sense of the gating positions?

and there was me thinking it was just a case of the lower rider nunber that got red or white and norhing to do with who was the top rider.

Emailed BSPA (office@speedwaygb.co and pressoffice@speedwaygb.co) and waiting for reply. Hopefully they will be able to help soon. ;)

Thank you krompa. Whether or not you're successful.

and there was me thinking it was just a case of the lower rider nunber that got red or white and norhing to do with who was the top rider.

You are probably right.

Of course under the old 13 heat format 4 and 5 paired up and five had the red or white helmet, and wss usually the heat leader (though I remember the mighty mort having a spell at 4 in the 83 season)