British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

Bbc Sports Personality Of The Year

So tonights the night for Speedway fans to show the BBC and SPOTY that we dont support them either.

Not watching or interested.

We already have our own winner thanks !

I read in the Daily Mail somethiong along the lines of "its a nice Trophy to have but a sportsman/woman would rather have a British/world or Olympic medal" ....

So tonights the night for Speedway fans to show the BBC and SPOTY that we dont support them either.

Singing from the same hymn sheet steve. :approve:

Damn right!

Sadly a boycott of SPOTY by speedway fans is unlikely to dent the Beeb's viewing figures. Put it into ratio - how many know of the proposed boycott? And how many speedway fans pro rata follow the action on the BSF?

How many overall BSF fllowers do you think will back the boycott?

Sadly a boycott of SPOTY by speedway fans is unlikely to dent the Beeb's viewing figures. Put it into ratio - how many know of the proposed boycott? And how many speedway fans pro rata follow the action on the BSF?

How many overall BSF fllowers do you think will back the boycott?

Well that's three of us who can sleep soundly tonight (stevebrum, telboy68, pugwash).

From small things...

Was flicking the sports channels last night and when I went on BT Sport to check the score of the Stenhousemuir/Rangers match obviously there was no football to watch as the game was off. Instead they had a studio based programme in which they were introducing a poll for the "Minority Sports Person of the Year". One of the 5 nominations was a certain "Tea" Woffinden.

Couldn't see any reference to the poll on their web site last night, but they said the result will be announced next weekend.

Might be suitable for all on this thread who felt miffed by the Beeb's snubbing of our sport.

Apologies if already posted elsewhere - but I couldn't see anything.

Was flicking the sports channels last night and when I went on BT Sport to check the score of the Stenhousemuir/Rangers match obviously there was no football to watch as the game was off. Instead they had a studio based programme in which they were introducing a poll for the "Minority Sports Person of the Year". One of the 5 nominations was a certain "Tea" Woffinden.

Couldn't see any reference to the poll on their web site last night, but they said the result will be announced next weekend.

Might be suitable for all on this thread who felt miffed by the Beeb's snubbing of our sport.

Apologies if already posted elsewhere - but I couldn't see anything.

Speedway now a minority sport? How things have changed since I first went and it rated second only to football in attendances and national press coverage.

https://twitter.com/BTSP/status/411804095012286464/photo/1

BT Sport Minority Sports Person Of The Year Award 2013. Get voting.#

Just tweet the following line to vote for Tai

@BTSP @taiwoffinden108 #BTSP5

All well and good - if you are registered (or want to be?) with Twitter. Or is the link open to everyone?

Just do it.

Done it.

What?

How many people who follow speedway know of this boycott and are likely to follow the recommendation?

Edited by Guest

BBC will be quaking in their boots!

Its the same old crap every year anyway so I'll be boycotting for that reason