British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Plymouth To Enter Nl Team

Let's not get too carried away right now "gustix" for although I as an avid supporter of the National Development League would hope to see more clubs join it including maybe Plymouth, no official announcements have been forthcoming at this stage.

I think we should bear in mind that within the original newspaper report one of the Plymouth's co-promoters, David Short, stressed that the creation of a NDL side was just being talked about at that stage and feel it best to wait and see what official news emerges from the league's AGM on December 10.

Whoa there! What's with this double mention here of the dreaded 'D' word, 'Development'..?!

For gawd's sake let's not start with this nonsense again!

The working title of this division, used on ALL fixtures, League Tables, all marketing of the division by clubs is the National League - not the bleedin' NDL...!!!

Whoa there! What's with this double mention here of the dreaded 'D' word, 'Development'..?!

The working title of this division, used on ALL fixtures, League Tables, all marketing of the division by clubs is the National League - not the bleedin' NDL...!!!

The 'D' word reduces the league's status to junior racing and not Third Tier speedway. I suggest the clubs get this sorted out in regard to the "D" word at their forthcoming AGM.

Don't know what you are getting so worked up about Parsnips old fruit for might I suggest that you take a look at page 37 in the 2013 Speedway Regulations for starters and you could then go onto page 41. If you can't find your copy, then you could always go to: http://www.scbgb.co.uk/pdf/regulations/2013%20SPEEDWAY%20REGULATIONS.pdf

Granted the working title is shortened to The NL.

Edited by Bryn

I think to attract extra local people the town/area name must be in the club name. A suggestion that Exeter be used for a side based in Plymouth - not on IN MY OPINION. Nor are county names a very good idea as I see it. The NL teams based at Coventry and King's Lynn support my view.

But each to his own idea on a title for the side and I have no doubt that my opinion will be pooh-poohed. The important thing is that the National League has gained a new side for 2014 and that's more important than what the team will eventually be known as.

Dudley heathens riding at Wolverhampton seems to work!! I reckon we are the exception rather than the rule tho

Exactly! So why did you suddenly start adding the word 'Development' in your posting..?!

Because I felt like doing so as it's the league's correct full title as you well know Parsnips (at least you should do! :rolleyes: ), and by doing that try to ensure your mate 'gustix' didn't get hold of the wrong end of the stick as he appeared to be doing in his posting that prompted me to post on this thread.

Edited by Bryn

Bryn, give up, we have been having the debate on Facebook and I have told him to read the SCB rulebook.

The latest BSPA stand also calls it the National Development League.

But you know Derek, he's always right :-)

What does it matter, more point scoring man!! Someones got under ya skin lmao
BSPAsite say National League so they don't care do they lol

Jeez

Hmmm if the first team is allegedly being built in a shoestring, who is funding this venture?? Wouldn't they be better getting a decent PL team??

Wonder if Brady Kurtz is earmarked for a reserve berth.

The 'D' word reduces the league's status to junior racing and not Third Tier speedway. I suggest the clubs get this sorted out in regard to the "D" word at their forthcoming AGM.

I doubt they shall need to. Despite the spurious reference in the Rulebook they've never used the expression 'NDL' on any of the PRs or on their website since 2009 and I can think of no reason why the BSPA would suddenly choose to do so now..

I doubt they shall need to. Despite the spurious reference in the Rulebook they've never used the expression 'NDL' on any of the PRs or on their website since 2009 and I can think of no reason why the BSPA would suddenly choose to do so now..

What's spurious about said reference? Are you inferring that it's false / bogus / fake / forged and others which are all synonyms for said word? :rolleyes:

What's spurious about it is that it's only ever been in the rule book that the 'Development' tag has been given to the name of the division. The competition names have always been straight National League, National Trophy etc.; league tables, fixture lists, the BSPA website, all PRs issued by the BSPA etc. - none of these have EVER referred to the National League as anything other than as the National League.

So the tag 'Development' has no reality outside of those two or three pages in the Rulebook. Indeed unless you're sad people like us who get to be sent a copy of the Rulebook, you could have been an NL fan since 2009 and not even know that anyone had ever even suggested that there might be this 'Development' word floating around at all!!

In terms of definition of the word ('spurious' NOT 'development'!) try, "Lacking validity in essence"...!

The rules under which all league matches on licensed tracks ran last season, as has been pointed out to you Derek, were freely available to all via the SCB website at: http://www.scbgb.co.uk/ but never mind, for this thread is about the possibility of Plymouth entering a side in said league so let's get back to that eh? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bryn

What's spurious to me is that this conversation is going on at nearly 1.30 in the morning!

• Like 3

If this comes to pass, it has got to be great news for every young speedway rider in the South West.

Does it matter whether the team are called Plymouth Demons/Devils/Sailors/Monkeys or whatever?

So long as young people get the opportunity to display their talents at a track that doesn't cost a mortgage to travel to, then that is all that matters.

Good Luck to Plymouth for even considering the idea, I hope to be travelling to watch Stoke and Buxton ride there soon.

More British tracks, more British riders has to be the way forward.

• Like 6