British Speedway Forum
MMX Events

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

SKY Sports got a lot of stick on here, Twitter, Facebook, etc ... unjustifiably in my opinion. They had no knowledge of Havvy's date, suggested they cover the ELC on March 21 and were told that was okay. Now they have come up with a solution so perhaps those who vilified them will offer their praise instead.

Well that is good to read. Only leaves BSPA or Gospeed now as the perpetrator of the fiasco - to be honest I dont know which to put my money on!! :sad:

as stated and i stand by it hardly anybody except perhaps a coachload of die hard fans will bother going to Havvys. The stadium will be full of Poole fans isnt that obvious.

Of course people are saying Havvy should get his date on twitter doesnt actually mean they are travelling. There will be far more fans at the ERC then at Havvys due more to location then anything else.

Is he ever right?

Think the overwhelming majority stand behind Havvy.

never said the majority didnt but hey unlike you to put words in peoples mouths and twist things.

• Like 1

Poole Mafia were getting their knickers in a twist over this one.

Not really. Just the right thing had to be done..

as stated and i stand by it hardly anybody except perhaps a coachload of die hard fans will bother going to Havvys. The stadium will be full of Poole fans isnt that obvious.

Of course people are saying Havvy should get his date on twitter doesnt actually mean they are travelling. There will be far more fans at the ERC then at Havvys due more to location then anything else.

never said the majority didnt but hey unlike you to put words in peoples mouths and twist things.

Gavan I should give up on this one because I believe you will be proved totally wrong - you only have to read some of the posts on this thread, as well as Facebook/Twitter to realise there will be fans from many clubs in attendance!!

As soon as Havvy has announced the full line-up of riders I reckon there will be at least twice as many at Wimborne Road on 21st than at Brandon on 23rd ( unless the Sky fee is to be used to dramatically reduce the ERC admission price!?) You never know, you might even be tempted to attend yourself when you know whose going to be riding!!!? :wink::D

Why not PM me as I would be delighted to introduce you to some of the Poole fans! :rofl:

Edited by Skidder1

Poole Mafia were getting their knickers in a twist over this one.

And we got a result together with fans from all over the UK. Thanks for your concern though 😉

• Like 2

A BIG thank you to SKY for helping to sort this mess out.

the BSPA/GoSpeed need to LEARN from this debacle.

• Like 2

Gavan I should give up on this one because I believe you will be proved totally wrong - you only have to read some of the posts on this thread, as well as Facebook/Twitter to realise there will be fans from many clubs in attendance!!

As soon as Havvy has announced the full line-up of riders I reckon there will be at least twice as many at Wimborne Road on 21st than at Brandon on 23rd ( unless the Sky fee is to be used to dramatically reduce the ERC admission price!?) You never know, you might even be tempted to attend yourself when you know whose going to be riding!!!? :wink::D

Why not PM me as I would be delighted to introduce you to some of the Poole fans! :rofl:

Its your opinion on who you think will attend but i would hazard a guess it will be at least 80% Poole fans. And no i wouldnt go to Poole to far for me to line the pockets of someone who has already had his testimonial. My point is that Poole is hardly local for a majority of fans that will include Havvys fanbase in the North. Also its on a friday so a lot wont travel.

My opinion is more people will attend the ERC if the quality of the field is good. Its central to most supporters and on a decent enough track. The choice of going to Poole on a friday night for a second testimonial or Coventry on a Sunday for a good individual is from where i live a no brainer. And yes i have been to Poole for a farewell i went to Mark Loram's. Maybe if this was Havvys first testimonial and not on a Friday i may have gone. Chances are a lot of fans will feel this way to based on geography and cost.

If you go back through this topic i actually said the BSPA were wrong to choose this date. Much in the same way there has simply been to much fuss over it as well.

Havvy should thank the BSPA because his meeting has now got far more publicity then it ever would have.

ive got no real opinion on Havvy as a person he was after all a world champion. thing is he isnt universally popular and divides fans that is fact. Out of our last 5 world champs from this country he is the least popular barring perhaps Lee. This is because of the numerous run ins with the authoritys he had.

Same with Coventry fans. Im sure we will see coachloads from the midlands..... Not...

Nope you won't, there is a meeting at Brandon on Friday.

Well I tried to read all the posts on this thread during the whole of December and January, and surprisingly I couldn't find a single one. :approve:

Until this 'story' broke there has been more interest in a Eastbourne v Lakeside end of season challenge match, than this event. Indeed until the furore broke, you were the only Poole fan to seemingly care enough to post about the meeting, ironically more Bees fans has posted on this thread than Poole fans, at least up to a week ago, so much for the apparent devotion to Havelock, which seems as fake as Matt's dyed hair. :rofl: Unfortunately I and I imagine 99.9% Bees fans won't be able to make this event as it clashes with a Coventry v Cradley meeting, unless they want to cancel this as well.

Edited by houdi

Nope you won't, there is a meeting at Brandon on Friday.

What's that? Hopefully The Storm as I was going to that on Sunday the 23rd but presumably that's now off. Bah! I'm fed up altering the fixture list I printed off. :D

I hope all those who complained go to both meetings now or their moaning will look very false.

I hope all those who complained go to both meetings now or their moaning will look very false.

spot on but you know they wont.

I feel for Havvy

Sky beat a big stick as many of us know.

I would have thought there was a way round this and I am sure Matt would have tried, but the BSPA are a law unto themselves and they probably don't give a toss.

Pleased the situation has been resolved. I have no doubt that Matt would have had his say here. lets be honest the last thing he wants is an issue with his riders.

Yeh come on down Gavan, you like Skdders says will meet many poole fans on this forum, and maybe Steve. But my advice is if your driving get here early, the car park will fill very quickly...