British Speedway Forum
gaptooth

Heathens 2014

Who cares who the last two are as long as the last three include Nathan to ride at least 2 m from the white line at the 'Wood and the other two are worthy to put a Cradley bib on........................If they are not we can change them if the need arises. 'Ommer 'Um Me Babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im pretty sure we ALL care who the last two are, For me Nathan is a cert, of the Teams left that can fit Nathan in, we should be his No1 choice, which still leaves the 2 reserves, and YES we do care who they are, They are very important positions in the Team, its not important that they start banging the points in immediately, just that they stay upright fight, for the cause, and start winning a few races come Play Off time.

Edited by greyhoundp

Im pretty sure we ALL care who the last two are, For me Nathan is a cert, of the Teams left that can fit Nathan in, we should be his No1 choice, which still leaves the 2 reserves, and YES we do care who they are, They are very important positions in the Team, its not important that they start banging the points in immediately, just that they stay upright fight, for the cause, and start winning a few races come Play Off time.

As I said the 7 Heathens we put out in 2014 will be the best that can be put out and they will be worthy of the CH race jacket, if they do not come up to scratch.....change them for somebody else, do not hang on and hope that they will come good sometime in the future! Is that not what team building is about no matter what league we are in? Remember Wolves debacle a couple of years ago when they had to hang on to two reserves from lands afar that would have been beaten by any of our top 7 last year and at least 5 of this years septet!!! Nathan is nearly certain to be back in the main body of the team and if he rides as good as he can or like when he was pushed off the white line by Gareth on a number of occasions then he will get an increase in his average at home which he richly deserves.

I read on the Cradley Fb page, all riders to be announced by the end of January, whilst some may like this drip feeding of signed riders, I absolutely hate it.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen speedway accused of being unprofessional and living in the dark ages.

It's difficult to keep the sport in the media during the close season and the best way to do that is to drip feed the rider signings. Seven riders means seven exclusives. It keeps the club in the papers and encourages fans to visit the website. These factors are all important factors when talking to sponsors etc. Before you say 'we're only in the National League though' that surely is no reason why the club shouldn't be run as professionally as possible.

I agree that it's frustrating and I'm as impatient as the next when it comes to wanting information but I can also see that this is far and away the best strategy. We're just going to have to live with it because I can't see it changing anytime soon.

Can't see past Greaves,Williamson and Phillips for your final 3 tbh.

• Like 1

Can't see past Greaves,Williamson and Phillips for your final 3 tbh.

Same here! All 3 should improve in 2014 by a fair bit.

Think Phillips is nailed on.Only team who can probably afford him in the NL

Philips alongside Williamson or Stoneman would made a quality pairing imo.

I expect Greaves to be announced tomorrow but hopefully it's one of the bottom 2 to give us a clue as to the pairing.

I

As I said the 7 Heathens we put out in 2014 will be the best that can be put out and they will be worthy of the CH race jacket, if they do not come up to scratch.....change them for somebody else, do not hang on and hope that they will come good sometime in the future! Is that not what team building is about no matter what league we are in? Remember Wolves debacle a couple of years ago when they had to hang on to two reserves from lands afar that would have been beaten by any of our top 7 last year and at least 5 of this years septet!!! Nathan is nearly certain to be back in the main body of the team and if he rides as good as he can or like when he was pushed off the white line by Gareth on a number of occasions then he will get an increase in his average at home which he richly deserves.

Sorry to have to disagree, Wolves reserves in the EL and Cradleys reserves ithe NL, two completely different situations, whereas Wolves reserves would be expected to hit the ground up and running, But for me National League reserves are expected to show promise, be competetive, and improve as the season goes on, and most importantly, to do this without any pressure. If i recall last season it was stated by OUR management Team, that Nathan was under NO pressure to win, win, win, and he repayed that by scoring some very valueable points away from home. While we are on the subject i will say here and now, he will in the long run, prove to be a better rider than Max Clegg, Max had a slightly false average, due to the fact, he missed some away meetings, so therefore his average would have been lower had he ridden in them, bcz Max,s away form aint brilliant.

If you have seen the Kent crowds Im 100% certain they can afford him. Stoneman, Neale, or Philips,any two from those three, and as for Williamson he has told Jayne he isnt doing NL in 2014, so either he is lying, and he is covering something up, and thats where these jungle drums that have been coming from fellow Heathens fans, who seem very, very positive Williamson has signed for Cradley.

Edited by greyhoundp

It's Danny Phillip who has been announced this morning for Cradley. First reserve and they expect the next signing to be announced next week and talks with Greaves are starting.

No real surprise in you signing Phillips.Best reserve in the league by far

If you have seen the Kent crowds Im 100% certain they can afford him. Stoneman, Neale, or Philips,any two from those three, and as for Williamson he has told Jayne he isnt doing NL in 2014, so either he is lying, and he is covering something up, and thats where these jungle drums that have been coming from fellow Heathens fans, who seem very, very positive Williamson has signed for Cradley.

Williamson says in the Speedway Star that he's signed a contract with a NL team.

Yeh i had a tweet back from saying he had signed for 2 clubs...we know that one is Scunny in the PL wonder where his NL team will be!

Fingers crossed its with us at Cradley!

Matt has not said anything to anyone about not riding this year he has not lied and isn't covering anything up so I don't know where Jayne has heard this from

I think I may be well out of touch but I thought the pay rates were the same for all clubs in the NL?. If not they should be, as the big clubs just hoover up the best and leave the rest to scrap for the bits. Looks like with the signings it will be a wipe out for Cradley for this year, o well may be a return for me back to speedway for 2015 as the disjointed league racing continues this year. All I ask is 7 riders of equal or as close to equal riding against each other....I hate to think how far in front Ben Wilson and Steve W will finish of the rest when they get going.

• Like 1