British Speedway Forum
gaptooth

Heathens 2014

By dropping Dan does it suggest that you're changing strategy and not going with Dan & a 3.00, ie not a 3.00 at all?? Maybe someone like Nathan Stoneman or Coles. That's just me playing devils advocate before I get the same complaints as the Mildenhall thread.

By dropping Dan does it suggest that you're changing strategy and not going with Dan & a 3.00, ie not a 3.00 at all?? Maybe someone like Nathan Stoneman or Coles. That's just me playing devils advocate before I get the same complaints as the Mildenhall thread.

Wasn't complaining on the mildy thread.Just saying I hadn't seen anything in any press release with regards to Phillips :)

• Like 2

I myself would like to see Michael Neale as our 3 pointer, Im guessing we will want Nathan as our other reserve, usually thats how we build our Teams, 1 reserve as a 3 pointer, and 1 with experience, personally i would have chosen Greenwood over Isherwood, but now thats out, will we retain Isherwood?, personally i wouldnt. Maybe they will go with 2 X 3 point reserves, such as Neale, and possibly Freemantle whom some have been suggesting, thereby enabling Cradley to have a stronger Top four.

i'm with you.Michael Neale showed us enough last year when we saw him ( even if he did keep trying to leave the track early).Greaves yes, sorry Isherwood no,

Ommer um'.

Yes, I dont think Gareth Isherwood has the equipment, but for a guy of his experience, to finish the seasons end down at reserve, isnt really what he should be doing at this stage of his career, personally i would prefer us to go with 2 x 3 pointers, Nathe at four, which would leave Cleggy at 2, then we need another 2 decent Heat Leaders, possibly Tom who in my opinion has reached his level, and could even see a return for Starkey, thats without checking the averages.

1. Starkey

2. Cleggy

3. Steve

4. Nathe

5. Tom.

6. Michael

7. Freemantle

Yes, I dont think Gareth Isherwood has the equipment, but for a guy of his experience, to finish the seasons end down at reserve, isnt really what he should be doing at this stage of his career, personally i would prefer us to go with 2 x 3 pointers, Nathe at four, which would leave Cleggy at 2, then we need another 2 decent Heat Leaders, possibly Tom who in my opinion has reached his level, and could even see a return for Starkey, thats without checking the averages.

1. Starkey

2. Cleggy

3. Steve

4. Nathe

5. Tom.

6. Michael

7. Freemantle

With Tom & Max riding together at leicster,wouldn't it make sense to pair them up for CRADLEY....also how about giving Dano or Lee or both a shot at reserve,they both stepped in when they were needed.

Id go with Freemantle, would see a progression in avaerage to around 5 with him. Id also go Darren Mallet which would leave us with one rider to find!

1. Steven Worrall (7.09)
2. Darren Mallet (6.04)
3. Tom Perry (6.30)
4. Max Clegg (6.27)
6. Nathan Greaves (4.00)
7. Brendon Freemantle (3.00)

(7.30) Left for second heat leader!

Amazing isn't it? No sooner do we revert to the Cradley name than the authorities try to find ways of blocking our team building plans.

Deja Vu! We were the team they invented points limits for.

Very sad that Dan is being released. He was magnificent at the end of last season and a key factor in us winning the title. I wish him well at Coventry.

Ommer 'em Cradley (Boy that sounds good. I wonder how Porky is going to cope with it!)

• Like 1

God, aren't you so far up yourself just because you won the league last year. 'Amazing isn't it? No sooner do we revert to the Cradley name than the authorities try to find ways of blocking our team building plans. Deja Vu! We were the team they invented points limits for.' They are letting you build your team first and the rest will make theirs up from the riders that are left.

For those who have been around the NL longer than Dudley, it is Mildenhall all over again.

I think what he means Neil, is or those that have been around longer than Mildenhall, its the 70,s/80,s all over again, and for those of us who can go back to the sixties, we can remember when Cradley were given everyone elses cast offs, and invariably finished bottom of the league, and we still were one of the best supported clubs even then.

I dont buy into this trying to stop us winning the League stuff, and i certainly DONT want to keep seeing 60 point home wins, the signing of Brady Kurtz would almost have guaranteed that. So now we can go out and sign a promising youngster, who we could have as our own asset. Im still dissapointed to see us release Dan Greenwood, and possibly keep Gareth Isherwood, Dan is more than 1 point average better than Gareth, and lives in Cradley, but i guess being local doesnt count for much these days. Most supporters want to see us develop our own riders, yes Steve Worrall is a good signing, but back this up with another Heat Leader such as Starkey, 2 x 3 pointers Nathan and Cleggy, then push for the League in 2015, with OUR assets. Try a different strategy in 2014, not the same cheque book Speedway we have seen until now, or if it needs to be cheque book Speedway, then sign the best 15/16 year olds, and develop them as our own.

Whether Brady Kurtz should / should not be allowed to race in NL under the patriality ruling is one debate. Whether he is too good to be able to race NL is yet another debate. However, what is blatantly obvious, is yet again, the speedway authorities make themselves look totally amateurish by moving the goal posts to suit their own purpose. From the Cradley fans I have spoken to, it's not the fact that young Brady isn't allowed to ride for us that has caused their anger - it was the way the authorities handled the matter. If you are going to alter existing rules, or apply different parameters for specific situations, don't wait for the situation to arise before doing so - it smacks of skulduggery and makes our sport look foolish.

Edited by villiers210
  • Like 1

No goal posts have been moved with regards to NL!!!? Brady rode in the top league In Denmark. That means he should have a 7pt average over here. Its always been the rule what is a farce is that he's somehow on a 5

Greyhoundp, the way your promotion are heading then you'd better get ready for guaranteed big home wins every week. I think your support will stand up and not drift away as it did at Glasgow some years ago when they steam-rollered the PL two years running.

• Like 1

Not sure why all the bitchin, if he ain't british & ain't going to ride as british he can't ride in the NL. end of, move on !