British Speedway Forum
albyhere

Objects Of Ridicule ?

Yawn! Give it a rest Oldace, you have had your fun.....you are becoming an even greater bore! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I was telling a bloke in the pub and he fell about laughing when i told him about the old tac sub rule. He even told some other mates and they were the same. Pretty soon the whole pub was in hysterics. They all agreed never to go to speedway if this rule was ever reintroduced.

How sad are you? when it comes to the nitty gritty of debating you have not got a clue.!!

How sad are you? when it comes to the nitty gritty of debating you have not got a clue.!!

Do you still have the opinion that 6 is more than 10?

Or perhaps that 6 is more than 12?

Or perhaps 3 is less than 2?

As if you believe the old tac sub rule was fairer, you believe all the above.

• Like 1

I do know one thing....

Mention speedway to non speedway fans in a pub, you'll get the following remarks..

1) 4 blokes going round in circles..

2) The one who gets to first bend in front always wins.

3) Do they still have speedway..

• Like 2

I do know one thing....

Mention speedway to non speedway fans in a pub, you'll get the following remarks..

Nah. You get, "I like cars too"

As usual you are RIGHT, you always are,again you have never grasped what the word opinion means.On this forum i have never heard once from you that you could be WRONG! a massive weakness on your part.

In all my years going when the old rule was intact,i never really heard people moaning about the tactical rule.For me it usually meant seeing the oppositions no 1 an extra time which was great.Now with this Micky mouse rule which no one likes it makes the sport look like a circus Unfair or Fair everyone has a right to a OPINION on this matter.

In all my years going when the old rule was intact,i never really heard people moaning about the tactical rule.For me it usually meant seeing the oppositions no 1 an extra time which was great.Now with this Micky mouse rule which no one likes it makes the sport look like a circus Unfair or Fair everyone has a right to a OPINION on this matter.

You obviously prefer the old tac sub rule, for what its worth so did I, on that we agree. That is our opinion to which we are entitled.

What is not opinion is the fact that the old tac sub rule was much less fair. It is simple maths that the new rule allows a potential 3 point swing in the score whereas the old rule allowed an 8 point swing. You simply can't have an opinion that 8 is less than 3 now can you

I do know one thing....

Aint that the truth. Add in "I thought that closed years ago" when mentioning Belle Vue and you have the 4 standard responses to mentioning speedway.

To be honest though nowadays lots of people have never heard of speedway and, as SCB says, assume it is car racing, probably because of the rise in popularity of North American car racing even though the name in that context refers to the venue rather than the sport

As usual you are RIGHT, you always are,again you have never grasped what the word opinion means.On this forum i have never heard once from you that you could be WRONG! a massive weakness on your part.

:)

It's not an opinion Sidney.

6 is less than 10. FACT. Not opinion.

6 is less than 12. FACT. Not opinion.

3 is more than 2. FACT. Not opinion.

I have been wrong many times before, the difference is if I am wrong I admit it.

You preferred the old tac sub rule, in actual fact so did I Sidney, so did many others I'm sure. However, it was not 'fairer'.

What is not opinion is the fact that the old tac sub rule was much less fair. It is simple maths that the new rule allows a potential 3 point swing in the score whereas the old rule allowed an 8 point swing. You simply can't have an opinion that 8 is less than 3 now can you

Correct, also throw in you could use it when only 6 behind also (later changed to 8, but the classic rule folk pine for was 6) and potentially use it 3 times (even 4 in extreme circumstances)

I do know one thing....

When did you ever get a different response from non-speedway fans in a pub ? Maybe in the late 40's early 50's but not in my lifetime.

Mention football to non-football fans in a pub (e.g. me) and you get "22 overpaid prima donnas kicking a bag of wind about and behaving like kids"

Mention cricket to non cricket fans and you get "Boring game" and so it goes on with non- fans of golf, boxing, stock-cars etc,

The thing that's different about speedway is not the reaction of the non-fans its the number of so-called fans that can't wait to slag the sport off for imaginary reasons. Like the OP of this thread for example.

• Like 5

:)

It's not an opinion Sidney.

6 is less than 10. FACT. Not opinion.

6 is less than 12. FACT. Not opinion.

3 is more than 2. FACT. Not opinion.

I have been wrong many times before, the difference is if I am wrong I admit it.

You preferred the old tac sub rule, in actual fact so did I Sidney, so did many others I'm sure. However, it was not 'fairer'.

Correct, also throw in you could use it when only 6 behind also (later changed to 8, but the classic rule folk pine for was 6) and potentially use it 3 times (even 4 in extreme circumstances)

Perfectly explained Witcher,for an a example of how this new rule is fairer i wonder what Reading fans think?

Perfectly explained Witcher,for an a example of how this new rule is fairer i wonder what Reading fans think?

They would have lost even easier under the old rules.

As regards this 'FAIR'/'UNFAIR' argument. Most people on here know that I am against any form of Tactical Ride/Tactical Substitute. They are BOTH, in my opinion UNFAIR. I argue this not from the difference between them, but, from the point of view that these Tactical Substitute/Tactical Rides BOTH have a detrimental effect on the Result of the Meeting. It is the Result at the end of the Meeting that counts. If ONE Team has a TR/TS and the other Team doesn't, I ask you, how can THAT be FAIR?

A poor Team gets in to a good position at Home against a top Team and all their hard work can be written off in ONE Heat and the Top Team goes on to win the Meeting - again I ask you - how can THAT be FAIR.

Sport, as I have said many times, is about FAIR competition - and that is the way it SHOULD be. At present Speedway 'contrives' Results - that is not only WRONG - it destroys our beloved Sport's CREDIBILITY in the eyes of the General Public as well.

• Like 2

Of course they are both unfair against the winning team WK. The current rules are the fairest we have ever had since a tactical facility was introduced though.